Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

:whatho:

Funny how I am the only one in the thread so far who has provided objective evidence of the game's state while you two are just going around whining about how "it's not TRUUUUEEEEE ;(((" but what can you expect from a Noted Liar and Redditor like Jenkem.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
If you want to complain when it's fully released go ahead. We all complain about everything here. No one is going to stop you or call you an idiot, although they may call you a graphics whore, which you are. look at kingmaker, the only complaint you can get away with here is that it's buggy/was really buggy at release, you'll be able to shit talk this game all you want after it releases. It's nice that you made it into a comic but it doesn't really mean anything. You won't be attacked the same for a complaint about an early access vs a full release despite your cute comic.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
If you want to complain when it's fully released go ahead. We all complain about everything here. No one is going to stop you or call you an idiot, although they may call you a graphics whore, which you are. look at kingmaker, the only complaint you can get away with here is that it's buggy/was really buggy at release, you'll be able to shit talk this game all you want after it releases. It's nice that you made it into a comic but it doesn't really mean anything. You won't be attacked the same for a complaint about an early access vs a full release despite your cute comic.

4dc.jpg

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
That comic isn't talking about graphics and other shit that can be patched in before release. It's talking about shit game design and shit ideas. And bad graphics wouldn't make a shit game

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
6-7 posts screeching about the models or animations, which the devs have already said is something they'll clean up as they progress through ea, is now "objective criticism"

:roll:
the devs have already stated that cleaning up animations and other minor details will happen during early access. not that it matters to people's agendas.
Jenkins, you're the one who is shilling this now but will drop it in a week.

it's a fucking early access game, retard
View attachment 20589

Because we all know Early Access titles have such a great track record of getting TOTALLY FIXED. Especially when they're games by unknown mobile app devs.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
That comic isn't talking about graphics and other shit that can be patched in before release. It's talking about shit game design and shit ideas.

Which there are plenty of in the game as well.

they must not be as big of an issue for you than the animations based on what you choose to whinge about

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Which there are plenty of in the game as well.
Then talk about that stuff that's actually meaningful,.

1. Writing oscillates between mediocre and stupid. Clearly not written by native speakers. This isn't getting fixed. They never fix their story after the fact.
2. Voice acting isn't going to get fixed, ever, and it's D-Grade at best as my comparison to Crying Is Not Enough shows.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
whats the best character build.
CRUSHMASTER, obviously.

the quality of the models, the VO, the writing itself, QoL are... not that great.
Have you followed the development of the game? Did you read the game title? Did you even take a look their Steam page?

I don't think anyone with a sane mind during the past 5 years ever gazed upon this creation thinking "wow, the quality of the models, the VO, and the writing are going to be great in this game!".

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
whats the best character build.
CRUSHMASTER, obviously.

the quality of the models, the VO, the writing itself, QoL are... not that great.
Have you followed the development of the game? Did you read the game title? Did you even take a look their Steam page?

I don't think anyone with a sane mind ever gazed upon this creation thinking "wow, the quality of the models, the VO, and the writing are going to be great in this game!".

I take em as I see em. What I saw was low quality. If that's what the devs want to show people by going into EA it's their choice.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I take em as I see em. What I saw was low quality. If that's what the devs want to show people by going into EA it's their choice.
Nobody was expecting high quality in those departments from them, apart from a minority of reviewers on Steam who can't take a hint.

If you wanted to know it sooner, you should have asked here "hey, is this game going to have amazing models, VO, and writing?". This is an accurate breakdown of the replies you would have gotten:

1/4 - Not until they add the CRUSHMASTER!
1/4 - THE BLACK GAYSER IS GOING TO ERUPT!
1/4 - They're pouring all their funds into the interface of the brewing and drying systems.
1/4 - Are you out of your mind?!

(for brevity's sake, I discarded a single reply which was a long rant about necromancy, skeleton summoning, and all that stuff)

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is an accurate breakdown of the replies you would have gotten:

1/4 - Not until they add the CRUSHMASTER!
1/4 - THE BLACK GAYSER IS GOING TO ERUPT!
1/4 - They're pouring all their funds into the interface of the brewing and drying systems.
1/4 - Are you out of your mind?!

(for brevity's sake, I discarded a single reply which was a long rant about necromancy, skeleton summoning, and all that stuff)
Fairly accurate assessment.

agris

Arcane
Patron
"I barely notice something but I'm going to complain about it longer than I'll ever look at it"
The key difference being, of course, that clearly some do notice it - enough to get their fedora all sweaty, even.

edit: fuck it, it's a meme game anyway.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1374930/view/2967297141009800045

Update #2 Is Here!
Here's our second round of fixes based on your feedback!
5d977171f5b495d9a66ed8d33caef0388446b9f1.png

Ho there, adventurers!

Yesterday evening we pushed a small update to fix some critical bugs you've all raised. You can see the patch notes below.

As always, your input will directly shape Black Geyser, so please continue to let us know your thoughts via Steam or our Discord
Fixes
  • Leaving Haunted Mansion no longer causes a freeze if you have summoned a skeleton beforehand
  • Wardenhaft is now reachable from the southern border of Castle District
  • Deron-Guld Gates are now reachable from the western border of Stoutwood Pass
  • Zelima now has correct shop inventory after you complete her quest
  • Branch of the Night Queen now has correct 3D model
  • Bendy and Black Jenny no longer uses a male dying soundset
  • Improved accuracy for some quest journals
  • Bugfixes for summoned creatures

Expect many more fixes in the coming days as we collate all your feedback, and pursue key target areas of concern based on what you’ve told us!

The Black Geyser Team

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom