Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Black Geyser, a brand-new RTwP RPG - now in BETA

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by GreenMagicSpell, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn
    Fuck no. Traps in that game were retarded, should have done away with the whole mechanic, the implementation was horrible.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Kyl Von Kull The Night Tripper Patron

Kyl Von Kull
    No, it's sound capitalist economics. When everyone raises prices at once that's inflation, which is the ultimate destroyer of wealth because it wrecks everyone's purchasing power. Think Weimar Germany. If the price level goes up while consumers become less willing to spend money, which is what the greed mechanic sounds like, you get Jimmy Carter style stagflation--also pretty bad for business.

^ Top  
  3. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    I really tried guys to get some coherent explanation for the Greed system but the guy got triggered so easily.. incredible.
    After that it is so hard to try not to get him more triggered just to see how it turns out.. Codex makes you want to see how this stuff ends :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Salute Salute x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. aweigh Arcane

aweigh
    your greed got the best of you!

• nice nice x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Drowed Arcane

Drowed
    The idea of the mechanic is interesting, but the way it would (or should) be implemented is quite another thing.

It's a fantasy world, so it's easy to find some justification for its existence - it's a form of "karma", where the actions of the characters end up interfering with the events around. Add some "god powars" to this, and it's really simple. But the consequences of these choices need to make a minimum of sense and have consistency with the world/setting. I think it would make sense for sellers' prices to increase significantly if they became greedy, but I cannot see a reason why this would cause the markets to close.

^ Top  
  6. Mustawd Arcane

Mustawd
    Yah but inflation isn't caused by gr....oh forget it. This game gonna suck anyway.

• Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  7. PanteraNera Cipher

PanteraNera
    FTFY

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Why? It was free xp.

^ Top  
  9. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn
    Too easy to have the skill needed to deal with them, added nothing to the game, was brainless and forced you to stop the gameplay to attend it. If you ignored them you took damage, if you took enough damage you merely lost some health and insta healed, they served no purpose.

In BG1 you needed a class that wasnt very hot in a fight to deal with those situations, and even if you did have the class you still needed to invest points towards it. That meant it was heavy opportunity cost. Also pretty often traps were part of the actual encounter, health very important and some traps just couldnt be dealt with at all, you had to ignore the place or spend expensive and limited resources. In some of the harder dungeons it meant a very big strain on your party, made having a skillmoney an extremely good idea.

Cargo cult design at its finest, and sawyer is an imbecile that cant even follow his own retarded rules.

Anyway, back to the thread, wonder how hard the geyser will hit the asschecks.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Hahaha,i was going more for an irony and not a real question. Anyway,i do agree with you,it was fairly pointless with the PoE health system. I didn't mind it because it was free XP in a game where your main XP gain is questing. Some times i am pretty obsessive asshole when it comes to thieving things,even waited to have enough mechanics to unlock the gate in Eothas's temple,in the first town.

^ Top  
  11. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Not gonna lie, I'm gonna buy this and LP it for the glory of Fair Codexia.

• Brofist x 3
    • Salute x 3
    • incline x 2
    • Cheers!! x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Thanks! x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. mondblut Arcane

mondblut
    They discourage "mindless looting" by mindless loot generation. You can produce another trapped black box with random junk whenever you feel like bumping into a wall a few times, why hang on any specific one?

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. aweigh Arcane

aweigh
    mondblut

What? Only fixed encounters generate a chest and they're limited.

Only way to make them respawn is to exit the floor and re-enter which becomes progressively harder and more meaningful as a decision as you progress through the game.

Also do you not know that just the action of inspecting the trap can trigger it? That is the entire point. It is always an important decision because even deciding to inspect a chest can POSSIBLY resut in a party wipe or take out half your party.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    ^ Top  
  14. mondblut Arcane

mondblut
    Nigga, please. Fact is, there is unlimited amount of lootboxes of utterly random content at one's fingertips, and no opportunity cost for ignoring any specific one.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. PanteraNera Cipher

PanteraNera
    Give that man a badge, especially since the game does not have barbarians in and the only thing that has come remotely close, the CRUSHMASTER is no longer.

^ Top  
  16. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Highlanders count in a pinch.

• Edgy Edgy x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. GreenMagicSpell Educated

GreenMagicSpell
    Ok this has come to an end now; I've have forbidden ALL email notification from this website. Stop spamming my cellphone please.

My boy friend does not work at black Geyser corporation anymore. If Geyser hits a world record someday; though I'm ready to offer insider infos and offer my face. Not now. And need to ask him first though anyhows; an NDA may be in effect and I don't knowif it's applied still. I wish the best for Geyser and those who wish it to fail ----> I wish you all to get a life; you're in a Bubble of your own Fake Reality; the ability to Criticize hardwork of welltrained devs* makes you think you're important. There is news for you ---> the ability to criticize is like your arse. Your opinion's like your arse. Everyone has one, but no one else's interested in it. (No pun intended. ---> Homophobes please spare me with your jokes. Thankyou.)

*such as: my boy friend / Unity3D

Just in the case there're normal people who enjoy Geyser, I've texted my boy friend (he's at work now) on Whatsup; he said there should be a single user you can direct your Questions to: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?members/rothgor.20306/

• Funny x 7
    • hopw roewur ne x 3
    • WTF am I reading x 3
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • M'lady x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Slurp this person's delicious asshole x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    • (autism) x 1
    • Hoo x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Projas Information Superhighwayman Patron

Projas
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    post feet

• Funny Funny x 3
    • nice nice x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Jimmious Arcane Patron

Jimmious
    wtf happened? Who is this?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    • Kitty Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. CptMace Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    what is wrong with this fucking giant autismo asylum we call a planet
    we could have had the unique - absolutely unique - opportunity to send a fucking CRUSHMASTER in combat.
    and some fucking moron, on whose grave I shall piss and dance in due time, decided to tell them "hey beware, you could make history with this game"
    i hate everything.

The fabled black geyser apologist. He once came in here, out of nowhere, and submitted our eyes to the most fascinating spectacle.
    He left as mysteriously as he appeared, and for a long time, we grieved as orphans...

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Salute Salute x 2
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • incline incline x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Jimmious Arcane Patron

Jimmious
    Ah yeeeeeeeeees I 'member now!! Hahahaaaaa

^ Top  
  23. Mustawd Arcane

Mustawd
    Was he that great guy, the fan of skyrim you talked about?

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. Mustawd Arcane

Mustawd
    TITS or GTFO.

• rolleyes rolleyes x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. vazha Liturgist

vazha
    he? he?
    and nobody's gonna point out the spelling of boyfriend as two separate words? Or is it just me being dumb and it's really a boy and a friend but not a boyfriend?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    • No No x 1
    • Kitty Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.