Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
screeg (Scott Hamm) has an account here FYI.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You said you wrote romancing options in the game. Have you ever had an actual relationship, or are you one of those writers who base their understanding of human interaction on what they've read in erotic fanfiction?

Well, all of my writing up until now has been a very specific kind of furry erotica involving anglerfish. So I hope when you're playing Black Geyser, you're into characters affixing themselves to the side of the stronger female and slowly being absorbed over time.
Good sense of humor is awesome from a lead writer. We had this from Disco Elysium devs and it resulted in well written game.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Any chance for a comeback from the C R U S H M A S T E R ?

This. I backed the game entirely on the premise of the C R U S H M A S T E R and now that it's gone I feel swindled. Fuck these devs.

Negative. The class was replaced with something else. Should be able to mod it back in, though.

complete shit. lying kike devs.

i want my money back

ImprobablePause sooo is there any globohomo modern faggotry in the writing ?

given the fact that they the devs are clearly jewish. yes. avoid this game at all costs.

pm_675

Arbiter
Man, I would not say that I backed because the Crushmaster specially since I saw the pitch.

But I was a little dissapointed that I couldn't crush my enemies with a master. In any case I was drunk when I backed.

No regrets

AdolfSatan

Arcane
You said you wrote romancing options in the game. Have you ever had an actual relationship, or are you one of those writers who base their understanding of human interaction on what they've read in erotic fanfiction?

Well, all of my writing up until now has been a very specific kind of furry erotica involving anglerfish. So I hope when you're playing Black Geyser, you're into characters affixing themselves to the side of the stronger female and slowly being absorbed over time.
My gristle is throbbing at the mere thought of it.

Tbh I don't even like rtwp games, but this has now become a d1p for me.

PrettyDeadman

People who are upset about Pathfinder: Kingmaker are just casuals who got their balls crushed by the weight of supreme genius of russian videogame design.

Last edited by a moderator:
Developer
Can you tell us why you left the project? Did your contract naturally reached its end or was it something spicy?

I guess your presence here isn't sanctioned by GrapeOcean, since our good friend Rothgor apparently tried to distance himself from you. Did you originally join the project just because you wanted to become a local hero here on the Codex?

I left the project for a number of reasons, but the primary, incredibly vague reason was that I felt that my contributions to the game were done. My contract wasn't for any specific time limit, but I finished the last of my large projects and I already had a job waiting for me on the other side of Black Geyser which I was excited to get started on.

Does Codex have local heros? I joined Codex because I've wanted to for quite a while.

No, my posting here wasn't sanctioned, but there's no one to sanction me anyway since I don't work for them anymore. I can avoid violating my NDA, but my NDA doesn't say who I'm allowed to talk to.

200.gif

Last edited:

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Can you tell us why you left the project? Did your contract naturally reached its end or was it something spicy?

I guess your presence here isn't sanctioned by GrapeOcean, since our good friend Rothgor apparently tried to distance himself from you. Did you originally join the project just because you wanted to become a local hero here on the Codex?

I left the project for a number of reasons, but the primary, incredibly vague reason was that I felt that my contributions to the game were done. My contract wasn't for any specific time limit, but I finished the last of my large projects and I already had a job waiting for me on the other side of Black Geyser which I was excited to get started on.

Does Codex have local heros? I joined Codex because I've wanted to for quite a while.

No, my posting here wasn't sanctioned, but there's no one to sanction me anyway since I don't work for them anymore. I can avoid violating my NDA, but my NDA doesn't say who I'm allowed to talk to.

View attachment 18986

Cool, we definitely need more industry types here at the Codex than at the cringefest called Resetera

:outrage:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Time for the famous announcement of an announcement:

Wandering outdoors

Ho there, adventurers!

We know it has been a little while since we last sent an update, but we hope you will be okay with that because we have been working on some big things! Firstly, next week we will have a big announcement regarding the game. We can’t tell you what it is yet, but after the announcement you can expect a lot more regular updates from here on in, giving you even more insight into the content we are making as well as the all-important release plans too.

In the meantime here is a video that shows concept art of actual areas you can visit in Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness, with one of the wandering songs of the game as background music.

We will return next week - stay tuned!

Source: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-couriers-of-darkness/posts/3172952

pm_675

Arbiter
More announcements of announcements!
But soon?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-couriers-of-darkness/posts/3181089

Black Geyser Joins Forces With V Publishing

Ho there, adventurers,

Thank you for being patient with us. We are very excited to announce that we have partnered with indie game publisher V Publishing. We're excited to work with a publishing team that has years of experience promoting and developing games.

As a team we felt we needed a partner to help us deliver a great experience and provide valuable insights into the marketing and final gameplay experience, but did not want a traditional publisher to come and take away the creative control of the game. That is why we have teamed up with V Publishing. It is a true partnership, and we are working to see the original vision of the game come to life as intended. The team at V will be helping us improve many aspects of the final game and they have already started putting multiple plans in place, including regular development updates, more community engagement and activities, and of course announcing plans regarding launching the game.

625f5dc4919dba3258da3c88a8d8175d_original.png

Our adventurer party is now complete to face the final challenges

Michael Brown, the CEO of V Publishing, wanted to pass on a quick message to all our community members: “As huge fans of games like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate, the whole team at V are looking forward to helping improve and deliver a great indie CRPG with depth, and a narrative experience that will be memorable. We hope to add huge value to GrapeOcean’s team and start getting the game in the hands of you all later this year. We are excited to also become members of the community and having fun with you all in the coming months.”

As for our team here, we hope this announcement gets you excited for what we have coming up. We’ll be launching the Steam page and releasing new content details in the coming weeks so stay tuned for that!

No idea who V Publishing are.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom