Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Every single gaming journalist will write hit piece how you're employing rapist, the one who was even found 100% innocent by the Court. Every single tranny will scream, every single feminist will rage, Reddit servers will shake with disbelief and anger

And hundreds of Youtubers will film defense videos and hundreds of thousands of gamers will gladly put whole middle finger in the eye of the WOKE for cheap price of 19.99$

Be authentic. People fucking love that. Gamers are ready for war. Give them a ;) while making fucking good expansion and letting Avellone's writing genius be reborn

Return of Chad Devs with horse cock & balls. Be THAT

Cohesion

Scholar
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Every single gaming journalist will write hit piece how you're employing rapist, the one who was even found 100% innocent by the Court. Every single tranny will scream, every single feminist will rage, Reddit servers will shake with disbelief and anger

And hundreds of Youtubers will film defense videos and hundreds of thousands of gamers will gladly put whole middle finger in the eye of the WOKE for cheap price of 19.99$

Be authentic. People fucking love that. Gamers are ready for war. Give them a ;) while making fucking good expansion and letting Avellone's writing genius be reborn
Be like Vavra and give 'em middle finger. You will get more sales because of ((controversy)). There is no such thing as bad PR.
Ban crying trannies on steam forums for +500% engagement.
This gonna be gud.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Be like Vavra and give 'em middle finger. You will get more sales because of ((controversy)). There is no such thing as bad PR.
Ban crying trannies on steam forums for +500% engagement.
This gonna be gud.
yes.png
. It's that simple. Have functioning balls

Cohesion

Scholar
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Bonus points for saying you rejected sweet baby Inc and other ((consultancy)) grifters.
You will sell hundreds of thousands copies. The time is now!
YouTubers would line up to interview you. You will be shat on by dangerhair gaming press though. They don't matter. Sales and integrity > all.
Fuckin Asmongold will give you million views alone.
Go for it! It will be glorious!

chill chill its a theoretical question. Also nothing here is official, I act as an evangelist when not in the gym and btw started growing some vegs at home.

so, chill. Did not mean this as hype, stir pot, anything. And i'm preeeeeety sure it has nothing do with the dlc, they have so little money for that

EDIT: also, I dont think woke media would mind it either , he participated in Wrath of the Righteous Pathfinder didn't he and there was no longer any hit back ( ??? )

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Ah come on, don't tease us like this. Codex is basically the unofficial Avellone fanclub.

Gandalf

Arbiter
my ex-bf (again at black geyser team) is asking how would you welcome Chris Avellone as a writer for a game

what do you folks think
I don't care about names. I want good, memorable game that will be an interesting experience. Stay away from banal, shiet, boring and it should turn into something special.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I care about names. Good games are made by good Devs. Those Devs have names. Corporations wanted you to turn off your basic logic and instead of getting attached to names of Devs, old and new Dev superstars, over whom they have limited control during work contract, get instead attached to Studio's name, a trademark they own 100%

Tricks Elites pull over average goy are so simple. Yet goyim fall for it again and again :)

Gandalf

Arbiter
I care about names. Good games are made by good Devs. Those Devs have names. Corporations wanted you to turn off your basic logic and instead of getting attached to names of Devs, old and new Dev superstars, over whom they have limited control during work contract, get instead attached to Studio's name, a trademark they own 100%

Tricks Elites pull over average goy are so simple. Yet goyim fall for it again and again :)
I don't care about studio's names too. I don't even know what is the Black Geyser's developement studio name. What counts for me is to play a masterpiece of a game.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

I don't care about studio's names too. I don't even know what is the Black Geyser's developement studio name. What counts for me is to play a masterpiece of a game.
That's fair! But it's not... hmm how to put it - WISE(?). Industry has problems with recognizing talent (most of old Dev superstars stole fame from unknown heroes who worked on gaming classics) and promoting talent

But fuck Industry, I abandoned gaming industry as concept. Small Indie Studios and Lone Wolf Devs are where's at. First step is recognizing these Devs, making some kind of mini database of Based Devs. And I know that I look forward to next game from every ATOM Team and Legionary's Life Dev type out there

They did it once or twice. They are capable of doing it AGAIN

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
get instead attached to Studio's name, a trademark they own 100%
That's how people can be fooled into being hyped for games from studios like Blizzard, Bioware, Bethesda even long after they have delivered their last good game ever.
YES! Clever little trick. Hacks Human brain perfectly. I know I still fall for it every once in a while when I "accidentally" enter Bioware thread for next DragonAge :)

Gandalf

Arbiter

That's fair! But it's not... hmm how to put it - WISE(?). Industry has problems with recognizing talent (most of old Dev superstars stole fame from unknown heroes who worked on gaming classics) and promoting talent

But fuck Industry, I abandoned gaming industry as concept. Small Indie Studios and Lone Wolf Devs are where's at. First step is recognizing these Devs, making some kind of mini database of Based Devs. And I know that I look forward to next game from every ATOM Team and Legionary's Life Dev type out there

They did it once or twice. They are capable of doing it AGAIN
My tactic is to check out the game's description and the demo if it is available. That's all I need to build some interest in the title. Dev/studio names are secondary thing. If they made some cool game before - cool, maybe next one will be also great, maybe not. No hype, no fanboyism. The only eventual name I care for is the games names used in the description.

That's how I got interested in BG, because it used BG and IWD names in it's description and it instantly gave me a clue on what kind of game to expect gameplay wise. Greed system looked cool on paper. Crushmaster also helped a lot.

Crichton

Prophet
I saw that they patched in the ability to create your own party, including a party of dwarves. You know what that means.

AFB26938B690E2D6819C5FC685B3BE351A5421BF

I've played through the prologue and first proper chapter with:

Dugmaren (Fighter/Cleric, staff)

Helgenhar (Pregen, Fighter, Axe)

Berronar (Cleric, Hammer)
Moradin (Highlander/Shaman, Hammer)
Haela (Highlander/Swindler, knife)

So far, it's been just entertaining enough to keep me progressing. First impressions:
- On default difficulty, auto-attacking seems to get the job done pretty well. Combat resolution is fast enough that most of the available spell-casting seems pointless (healing is useful since if the PC gets to 0 HP it's game over)
- While the overall presentation strongly suggests a cut-rate Pillars ripoff, the ruleset has some AD&D 2E elements (weapon/armor restrictions based on race/class, gestalt multiclassing). In another homage to 2E, I'm not sure the pure Cleric really serves a purpose, F/C seems totally superior.
- The Greed Meter seems silly, but it's effective, it gets my character to turn down money that I don't seem to need anyway.
- Way too many shitty copy-pasted encounters; should have imitated Pillars encounter design, not artwork.
- Dialog is total garbage; strongly reminiscent of 90s Russian shovelware.
- most quests are pretty linear (with the same Greedy/Neutral/Altruistic choice at the end), but some thought is given to alternative solutions. Ex: As you can see from the screenshot above, I could progress the main quest either by taking some Umgi tramp into my party (fat chance) or by returning a trinket I took off some pickpockets.
- some skills are useful in quest resolution; I've solved a couple with the generic persuasion skill and there seems to be another I'll be able to resolve with the help of 'abolish curses' once I get it high enough.
- my dwarven PC turned out to be the son of some human nobleman, or possibly charlatan, the shame is unending.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom