Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Brewing/drying panel's arrow buttons now work properly when there are more than 12 ingredients

:shredder:

And i thought underrail trash manager was bad, 12 and more ingredients for one single recipe, looks like the autists here found a game to play for the next 20 years...

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1374930/view/2968423586110870553

Update #6 Is Here!
Here's our sixth round of fixes based on your feedback!
acbe9ccceed375b05949844085a4d71347c2e147.png

Ho there, adventurers!

Here's our sixth update after launch, that brings yet more fixes to
Black Geyser
. Take a look below!

Fixes
  • Items can now be sorted by their Type in the inventory
  • Loading indicator added to the black screen of internal area transitions
  • Party Perks are now active at their correct cohesion/diversity values
  • Game texts (English) now appear correctly on Turkish systems as well
  • Added proper dialogue to the General Store in Deron-Guld Center
  • Fixed Armor of Alnarius duration and description
  • Fixed some inaccessible containers
  • Fixed Vine-Grown Bow stats

The Black Geyser Team

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1374930/view/2968424218807390948

Update #7 Is Here!
Here's our seventh round of fixes based on your feedback!
0bf65f6b97842ba8c54a7ec897330e5beb1e40eb.png

Ho there, adventurers!

Here's our seventh update after launch, that brings yet more fixes to
Black Geyser
. Take a look below!

Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that made non-full parties stuck during cutscenes
  • Skill Point formula for Pray / Dream / Commune is now properly displayed
  • NPCs now properly seek new targets after defeating summoned creatures
  • Evasion calculations now properly display bonuses gained from items
  • AI no longer targets enemies under FoW with spells
  • Magical items are now marked with a Magic icon everywhere
  • Fixed the bridge in Crimson Crossing not being clickable
  • Fixed a bug that locked Arvex' dialogue during his side quest
  • Fixed a bug where resting with a full inventory would cause a black screen
  • Added travel hints when worldmap destinations are highlighted
  • Fixed Fog of War issues on several areas
  • Fixed a bug where Etarkun would attack the player party right as they approached
  • Resting is now possible in Random Encounter areas

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1374930/view/2968424218814451230

Update #8 Is Here!
Here's our eighth round of fixes based on your feedback!
6c6d804b51a94422b71f7256c068ecd255107699.png

Greetings, adventurers!

Our eight update after launch, bringing a couple of useful fixes and improvements to Black Geyser:
  • Damaging, healing and summoning spells now get stronger with caster level (initial version)
  • Fixed gray highlight on chests that had separate parts
  • Chest that wasn't lootable in Brightguard HQ now works properly
  • Increased XP reward for Shadowfury Demon

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1374930/view/2968424218824537971

Update #9 Is Here!
Here's our ninth round of fixes based on your feedback!
594d0c53a5a24a8257df8da45acac976fbb56bf0.png

Ho there, adventurers!

For our ninth update after launching into Early Access, it's smaller than some of those previous, but it brings a little bit of roleplay to
Black Geyser
. For lovers of old-school RPGs players can now choose to walk or run with their characters!

Take a look below at the full update.

• Characters can now walk as well instead of running (hold SHIFT while clicking with the mouse)
  • Keybind (default: SHIFT) can now be changed that gives a walking command to party members
  • Fixed some "Heal over time" effects not working on various spells and potions
  • Fixed information texts on various locations

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1374930/view/2968424218825515884

Update #10 Is Here!
The tenth round of fixes and improvements!
d8d5a5ede80c42a12f872b69b7839acab3378c7d.png

Greetings, adventurers!

Our tenth update presents several improvements, including some blood and gore when a creature dies after receiving a great amount of damage!

Fixes and improvements

• Creatures now fall into pieces after receiving a great amount of damage
    • Time Stone now only destroys similar sized magical items besides the antidote
    • Damaging, healing and summoning spells now get stronger with caster level (improved version)
    • Status effects can no longer cause black screens when traveling between areas
    • Weapons and shields in active weapon sets no longer provide bonuses
    • Fixed blurring of custom portraits on lower Graphics Presets
    • Added support for more accented characters
    • Portal now closes correctly after the Manticore is defeated
    • Decreased difficulty of some random encounter and adventurer parties
    • Fixed improper item difficulties also affecting scroll learnability
    • Fixed creature name tooltips getting stuck after killing them
    • Fixed difficulty levels greyed out in Settings menu
    • Fixed rune colors in Deron-Guld Mines
    • Fixed music in a house in Greybark Square

The Black Geyser Team

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1374930/view/2885108977262234730

Update #11 Is Here!
The eleventh round of fixes and improvements!
81aa928d54d9cda07d08277659a82dde77836d45.png

Ho there, adventurers!

Our eleventh update contains many bugfixes and improvements based on your feedback:

Fixes and improvements
  • Optimized loading times for most houses and indoor transitions
  • Creatures will no longer wander beyond area boundaries
  • Fixed loot bags causing loading screens to get stuck
  • Gibs (falling to pieces) can now be disabled in Settings
  • Added interact option and base dialogue to Siracca
  • Fixes in Command Company behavior
  • Exceeded level cap no longer causes issues
  • Fixed the quest path for trying to spare Gaston in Smite the Smith
  • Fixed Peer Pressure journal entry mentioning Zelima instead of Ilio
  • Added dialogue to the bandits at the Moonstone in Trapped Under the Surface
  • Added missing starting journal entry to The City of Iron
  • Fixed spawn points at the Garden of Delights Great Pavilion
  • Attacking giants in Deron-Guld now turns the entire city hostile
  • Lieutenant Reeves now has proper combat behavior
  • Giant and cyclops can now deal damage in combat
  • Added more diverse merchant dialogue options
  • Added book contents to "Trials of the White Elves"
  • Added loading screen hint about item splitting

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

What the hell, man, my potato doesn't even meet the minimum requirements. That's certainly unexpected considering what the game looks like. :D

Well, I mostly backed this for the meme value anyway, so I suppose I've already had my money's worth in entertainment. Carry on.

Edit: disregard that, I, being the dumbfuck that I am, somehow managed to misread the minimum reqs. My i5-2500K should be a good deal better than the slightly newer i3 the game requires.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
One can only hope this will have writing for people over 12, as opposed to the wotr

A game is not only writing. And nobody is praising Wrath Writing in wrath thread, quite the contrary. People are praising mostly the character building. As I've said, if was up to me, you would start Wrath as a slave of a demon attempting to escape, similar to Dark Sun : Shattered Lands but with more skill checks and less combat and find rebel underground using guerrilla tactics against demons. The holy sword would be a mere myth to give more morale and keep people fighting a hopeless war. in the beginning of the game. A lv 1 guy damaging a demon lord is beyond retarded and then surviving failing hundreds of netters into the underground... That said, yes, this game has a better writing than Wrath, but that is a low bar to aim for. This game is way less epic. The maximum spell level which arcane casters can cast is tier 7 spells and you start the game as a noble servant.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
A game is not only writing.
A good game is a sum of its parts with the writing being one of the most important. It’s a matter of ones preferences probably and is a subject of arguments, but the games that are considered the golden age of the RPG genre had pretty solid (imo fantastic) writing which was a vital part of their appeal and atmosphere. Don’t want to derail this thread as well but the character builds simulator has none of those and as such mentioned here as an example of a failed RPG. There’s just not much appeal in virtually unlimited ways one can shape his character’s combat side if one can’t bear the tone the game addresses its audience with.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
If you aren't into power fantasy, there aren't much in WoTR to be honest. The written mainly in chapter 1/2 is awful, the most memorable part of the dialog in the game is when regill points out some "plotholes". The tactics is non existent, you see some enemies using smart tactics like a conjurer becoming invisible and spamming summon monster in the begging, but the end game is just stat bloat. And I say it as someone who liked WoTR(but still prefer Kingmaker).

As for the writing in Black Geyser, by what I've played, if fallout 4 dialog is 0 and planescape torment is 10, I would give it a 6. IE. It is not great, nor even close to a masterpiece, but is not complete trash. Just don't play as a wintermage. It is complete trash in this game. Seriously. I even restarted as a necromancer after playing a bit as one in mid of my run.

Last edited:

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1374930/view/3015714554402030291

Update #12 Is Here Bringing Mac & Linux Support
The eleventh round of fixes and improvements!
568e6f53c3b96297144ffa51801e966823e48c09.png

Ho there, adventurers!

Our 12th update is a significant milestone for Black Geyser, as it delivers the long awaited Mac & Linux update. We wanted to thank you all for your patience as we worked on this release, and we're also happy to say it brings with it a whole host of additional improvements, including more global performance tweaks. Here's the full details:

Fixes and improvements
  • Added Mac & Linux builds
  • Global performance improvements
  • Party members can now be revived regardless of being gibbed on lower difficulties
  • Party members now respawn in full equipment when revived at temples at Novice and Normal Difficulties
  • Party members now respawn without equipment when revived at temples at Veteran Difficulty
  • Original party order is now restored when reviving party members
  • Summoning creatures now properly attack any hostile creature
  • Characters now receive bonuses from currently equipped projectiles only
  • Formations are now retained when traveling between areas
  • Creature groups now react properly to having a member attacked (whole group is called)
  • Improved accuracy of attribute and class descriptions during character generation
  • Move commands while using formation no longer send characters over walls anymore
  • Quests "Trails and Tribulations" and "The City of Iron" now give better directions for objectives
  • The "Trapped Under the Surface" quest now gives better directions for objectives
  • Added a stableman to the Garden of Delights for the "Ostler For a Day" quest

The Black Geyser Team

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I was shown a picture once of an image that resembled tubgirl but it was a black guy and the color of the substance was a lot darker than the light brownish color of tubgirl's unhealthy excrement. Black Geyser.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom