Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

Sotomonte

Educated
Kobolds have different mythological depictions you noob. See pic below.

... since normally kobols are creatures of reptilian origin or of canid origin...

... since normally kobols are creatures of reptilian origin or of canid origin...

Also in Harry Potter the Gringos Bank is guarded by kobolds? Do those look reptilians to you.

Harry Potter is shit.

:hmmm:

hello friend

Arcane
alpine-corporation-garden-statues-wac406-64_600.jpg

^this kind of gnome ofc, not the other kind

Sherry

Arcane
Edit:
Also the final map in the game is supposed to have a hidden Jon Irenicus figure burning in hell as a homage to Baulder's Gate serial.

Oh is that the secret? Eh.

Hi!

jon. Jon. JON!

So okay first sorry for not posting more updates on the game but I thought it would be better to just gather up a few screens from the game and just post my thoughts but I do remember reading thise when browsing the thread and made note to check it out when I got there but I could not find anything Jon Irenicus like at all but I did come across this wtf is it anyway riight before the final battle of the game like wtf right? It is a mystery.

UIo10mZ.jpg

Thanks,
Sherry

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1374930/view/3202632977043733162

Pass Times Travel To Black Geyser
Ho there, adventurers!

Having released our latest update we're pleased to say that a key community requested component has been added: Pass Time.

The Pass Time feature allows your party to wait an arbitrary amount of time, rather than time passing in real-time. It's particularly useful when you need to wait due to a quest or want to change the time of day (day or night) and you don’t want to visit an inn. Like anything in Black Geyser, it's down to you whether you choose to use this, or avoid it completely.

Besides this we've made additional improvements to brewing and drying, enemy encounters, loot and sounds. As always, you can visit our stream of update notes here.

Patch Notes
  • New feature: Pass Time
  • Jade is now properly bound to the wheel
  • Several items (including throwing weapons) were rebalanced to be stronger
  • Quest items can no longer be transferred to a container in the loot window
  • Comparison tooltips now correctly show the Base Block Chance in both sides
  • Lower interruption chance is now marked with green in comparison tooltips
  • Completed quest filter checkbox now retains its setting
  • Month names and historical year established
  • The Brewing & Drying UI now has correct sound effects
  • Hitting Sir Dalnor no longer makes whole Isilbright hostile
  • Added camera shake to Blood and Ice Elemental hits
  • Alenar no longer takes more than one enerant bark from party
  • Increased damage of ordinary and plagued ghouls
  • Second level of Alastor now has correct Blood Elemental version
  • Mistress Tyrenne and her acolytes now attack the party after dialogue
  • Fixed the price of Duskmarble and Star-Spangled Greatshield
  • Fixed Teamster dialogue after ambush
  • Claudio and Bonitia are now present in their house all the time
  • Removed gold loot from Abyssal Hunters at Grandmaster Argos Agelas
  • Crimson Wraith XP value increased to 500
  • Summoned Wights now have the proper undead specific immunities
  • Fixed the race of Wights and Posessed Robes (from Wraith to Revenant)
  • Krag has now a soundset that fits his personality
  • Tenebrous Grove travel marker added to minimap
  • Added loot to many Crimson Crossing containers
  • Iwor now holds a giant hammer instead of a spiked club
The Black Geyser Team

vazha

Arcane
Couple of questions:

1. I made a dorf highlander / cleric (basically a crushmaster-zealot) and have been breezing through shit like butter. Got some berserk and waylay and starting spells, not much else. Is that normal? Although I am thinking that I could have been even more stronger had I gone fighter / cleric instead to specialize in two-handed axes (are there any?), stacking fighters bonus for twohanders, dorfs bonus for axes and get heavy armor on top of all that. Am I right in this assumption?
2. I notice that if I remove shield then my block chance goes back to zero - which isnt nice because I was planning to switch to two-handers at first opportuniteh. I cant block / parry with a weapon?
3. Any way to raise stats after initial char creation? lvl 3 and nuffin' so far.
4. I came across this dorf companion who is basically a carbon copy of my char sans the cleric part. Do I take him along? Do the companions eat my xp? the game tells me that since I am multiclassed, I will level slowly.

any other hints / advise you might have, throw them my way.

So is this... fun?
It is, unless you are woke; This game features no female soldiers or scientists and gender quality and lacks lgtbq as well mostly.

///bunch of questions///
1, only two handed swords, staves, bows, staffslings are two handed. No 2 handed hammers or axes. Double edged axe exists but it is 1 handed as well.
2, you can parry with weapons yes. Block is given by armor and shield only I think
3, no base stat increase and no respec in this game, BUT items can lif them while you wear them in equip slots actually
4, multiclass MC is strong I heard but you need all xp you get for that, so they will eat yes, but also for party-based rpg play the game has an innovative feature partly coded by my bf called Party Level-Up, with cohesion and diversity perks but NOT WOKE PROPAGANDA STUFF so ITS SAFE to choose / use

Just got dizzy in Elden Ring and started playing my black geyser bi-sex wintermage and I named her Girl PoweR-PG lovely name isn't it.

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
1. Whoever came with the idea of not having two-handed battleaxes, clubs and hammers while having dwarves in the game, is a retard. Incidentally, the only other developer I know who came up with a similarly retarded idea is also a German [autist].

I get the PoE cloning angle, but it wasn't really necessary to come up with your own retarded decisions in the character creation, such as counter-intuitive multi-class options. I want my dorf templar-fighter-highlander = crushmaster run!
2. so basically if I want to make an optimal two-hander dude, I need both heavy armor and tons of dexterity not to get hit. Genius.
3. And nobody had the bright idea to mention that during character creation? Like, your attributes are set and you cannot improve them through leveling.
4. I read that gibberish 5 times and still dont understand what on earth are you on about. What diversity/cohesion/wokeness? who asked anything about that?

In short, you are every inch a retard I recall you were when you first graced us with your presence. Never change <3

Last edited:
Yeah the only retard who actually found your rant worth for answering. Don't forget this you colonialist-turned-communist-turned-wokeliberal. *SIGH* Also my bf is coder. He designs nothing, so don't talk to me about design or I'll think you are an oaf and I'm not going to be the only one there I'm afraid.

2. Nope. Two handed weapons are great for parrying I think. Parrying or blocking, both prevent you from getting your ass hit.

4. Party Level perks can actually increase your characters stats so it isn't gibberlish. You are welcome.

Saravan

Savant
Wow I have a new fan who tracks me, sorry there is no instagram account. You stalker.

Have you heard of coders working home office as freelancers part time? Learning more than one technology? No, he has no clue

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
If the world becomes too plagued by the curse of Greed, will gnomes get absolute power? hu3hu3hu3

Other question. When the DLC will launch? I wanna craft my ice golem NOW!!!

Last edited:

Antigoon

Augur
I actually finished it, I was close dropping it at the end of act 2 but it slightly improves act 3+4. There is some nice (non-linear) exploration going on in the middle part of the game, few half-decent combat encounters the rest is pretty trashy. The limitation of the dev team clearly shows in all parts, and not in a lovingly janky way. Also, not only are the loading time outrageously long, for some reason they seem to deliberate want you to load new areas as often as possible. In one instance, you have to pass two loading screens before entering a dungeon, in between nothing but a tiny empty cellar. In settlements they placed most NPCs in buildings, instead of moving some outside etc.

Acrux

Arcane
I started a couple of times, and ended quitting around the first city. It was okay, and had a decent BG1 vibe, but 'm waiting for load time improvement and the DLCs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom