Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
If is worth a buy, depends on what is good for you. for me Is certainly better than BG3/Solasta but I would't consider it as good as kingmaker for eg.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Does this game have plot-important, companion, strong, independent, ugly sassy black women, in late 15c armory, with italian accent and feathers growing out of their pussy cloaca? No? Maybe hardcore HD ogre gangbangs? Also not? Goblin foot fetish, at least? Not even that? Lack of quality RPG content explains lack of interest for this game on Codex

Does this game have plot-important, companion, strong, independent, ugly sassy black women, in late 15c armory, with italian accent and feathers growing out of their pussy cloaca? No? Maybe hardcore HD ogre gangbangs? Also not? Goblin foot fetish, at least? Not even that? Lack of quality RPG content explains lack of interest for this game on Codex
Devs are anti-woke

vazha

Arcane
Ok, first impressions: Not bad for a debut product. Thoroughly average, with a few interesting ideas here and there, which then are made redundant by thoroughly retarded ideas part of which seem to be introduced through a very lackluster effort to stand out, and another part seems to be borne out of just being incompetent and limited. The latter is mostly down to design choices, such as not having axe / hammer / mace two-handers and swords being by far the optimal choice for everything.

The greed mechanic is laughable, the drying/brewing schtick is something only a basement-dwelling autist would enjoy, but the game has its moments: quite a few enjoyable fights, interesting locations, not horrible to look at most of the time and most importantly, it does scratch that 90-00 ies janky rpg itch.

Hopefully they can learn from this and produce better titles in the future, that is if they can overcome the inherent autism within themselves.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
I actually finished it, I was close dropping it at the end of act 2 but it slightly improves act 3+4. There is some nice (non-linear) exploration going on in the middle part of the game, few half-decent combat encounters the rest is pretty trashy. The limitation of the dev team clearly shows in all parts, and not in a lovingly janky way. Also, not only are the loading time outrageously long, for some reason they seem to deliberate want you to load new areas as often as possible. In one instance, you have to pass two loading screens before entering a dungeon, in between nothing but a tiny empty cellar. In settlements they placed most NPCs in buildings, instead of moving some outside etc.
This is newbie Unity programming, the team behind Stygian had the same issue with excessive loads. I think it comes down to the use of Unity “scenes” and lack of ability / confidence to do things outside of proscribed tutorials.

Stygian’s team seemed liked it had lots of artists and creatives with little technical know-how. gRapeOcean may have a similar composition.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

Okay7 why are there members asking if iths is a good gae okay? I postedalready about it and hosed screens of the game. kk like Whipser you been hgere since 2012 and yh ou are asking? Like WTF?! okay? WTF!!!! Are you dumb? You are dumb for asking this question being here so long. Are you like Mustwalderian you are so dumb? You are dumb and you haver Cryomancher or who cares if they are frozen for the future they rare still as dumb as they are now like WTF OKAY??? I posted alreaddy how good the game why are you AsKING? WQhy does Cosxex brnig in so many dumb stupid memb like read the thread from p age 1 okay?

Read my mid-game review okay? Stop jumping to the last page ans asking your dumbn qquestions okay? OKAY??? Because Ir ealready answere d ti for @V Blutwurstritter

Read my mind-game reivew okay? OKAY!

The revie w alrdy has -

9x bros
5x hearts
2x laughs
1x nice
1x who is Fedora Master anyway okay? OKAY!

Thanks,
Sherry

Antigoon

Augur
I actually finished it, I was close dropping it at the end of act 2 but it slightly improves act 3+4. There is some nice (non-linear) exploration going on in the middle part of the game, few half-decent combat encounters the rest is pretty trashy. The limitation of the dev team clearly shows in all parts, and not in a lovingly janky way. Also, not only are the loading time outrageously long, for some reason they seem to deliberate want you to load new areas as often as possible. In one instance, you have to pass two loading screens before entering a dungeon, in between nothing but a tiny empty cellar. In settlements they placed most NPCs in buildings, instead of moving some outside etc.
This is newbie Unity programming, the team behind Stygian had the same issue with excessive loads. I think it comes down to the use of Unity “scenes” and lack of ability / confidence to do things outside of proscribed tutorials.

Stygian’s team seemed liked it had lots of artists and creatives with little technical know-how. gRapeOcean may have a similar composition.
Sure, I get that. What I don‘t get is why they are then not at least trying to minimize the amount of loading screens. There are so many unnecessary loading screens/areas. Areas where you only spent a few seconds in should not be behind a long ass loading screen.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Hi.

Okay7 why are there members asking if iths is a good gae okay? I postedalready about it and hosed screens of the game. kk like Whipser you been hgere since 2012 and yh ou are asking? Like WTF?! okay? WTF!!!! Are you dumb? You are dumb for asking this question being here so long. Are you like Mustwalderian you are so dumb? You are dumb and you haver Cryomancher or who cares if they are frozen for the future they rare still as dumb as they are now like WTF OKAY??? I posted alreaddy how good the game why are you AsKING? WQhy does Cosxex brnig in so many dumb stupid memb like read the thread from p age 1 okay?

Read my mid-game review okay? Stop jumping to the last page ans asking your dumbn qquestions okay? OKAY??? Because Ir ealready answere d ti for @V Blutwurstritter

Read my mind-game reivew okay? OKAY!

The revie w alrdy has -

9x bros
5x hearts
2x laughs
1x nice
1x who is Fedora Master anyway okay? OKAY!

Thanks,
Sherry

Mustawd and Whisper you must have really fucked up somewhere if you actually got Sherry to call you dumb :lol::lol::lol:

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Pillars 1-2 were okay games nothing special.
This was shit. One of the biggest disappointments in the last few years. Was looking forward for this game for over a year.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
My bf says you can die also in Story mode ( = lowestest difficulty in black geyser) so it is definitely more improved than pillars in this respect of aspect
That's not a good thing since the entire point of having a story mode is so anyone can complete a game with no effort since they're in it for reading and making decisions. :M

Sherry

Arcane
Mustawd and Whisper you must have really fucked up somewhere if you actually got Sherry to call you dumb :lol::lol::lol:

Hi.

Gosh, I had a little too much yesterday and that was not very nice of me at all. So please accept my apology :hug:, Whisper, perhaps you just did not see my earlier review on a previous page. I did link it for you to check it out in my response, but if you are looking for any other answers about the game I am happy to help out. You are not dumb, but Mustawd certainly is. BEYOND DUMB. It was rude of me to even compare you to him.

Thanks,
Sherry

Sharpedge

Prophet
My bf says you can die also in Story mode ( = lowestest difficulty in black geyser) so it is definitely more improved than pillars in this respect of aspect
Considering you can literally turn on your character's AI and have them default attack enemies while you are eating lunch and still expect to complete all of the boss fights on the hardest difficulty I don't see it as being an improvement over Pillars at all. There is not a single encounter in this game which even remotely compares to Llengrath or the Alpine Dragon.

Saravan

Savant
Considering you can literally turn on your character's AI and have them default attack enemies while you are eating lunch and still expect to complete all of the boss fights on the hardest difficulty I don't see it as being an improvement over Pillars at all. There is not a single encounter in this game which even remotely compares to Llengrath or the Alpine Dragon.

Yeah but didn't you hear, the developers are not woke.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I've a new decent job. And so does my bf
one of things that were still coded by my bf
My bf is actively learning UE5
an innovative feature partly coded by my bf called Party Level-Up
Also my bf is coder.
My bf says you can die also in Story mode
We get it, you're gay. No need to stress this further.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom