Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

vazha

Arcane
The only thing I learned after reading ten pages of posts was GreenMagicSpell has a bf.
Willing to bet she (?) doesn't. Anybody up for it?

Um, I made it clear for you all (including the communists - yes, I'm looking AT YOU) that I no longer to do evangelism or PR because my bf became a part-time contractor or not even that, for this title. What ever I post here is my own feelings and not a conscious or sub conscious promotion of Black Geyser

Antigoon

Augur
This game has one of the weakest beginnings ever. I got bored to hell yesterday night and turned it off.
It has, but it really gets quite a bit better at chapter 3. If you don't like it after the 3rd, there is indeed no point forcing on.

Saravan

Savant
I used to help this project for free back in 2015 because my bf worked for them as a coder. Is this so hard to understand.

Also, I hate the woke movement because I see ruined lives because of it.

Is this an actual bot or something? "My BF", also "I hate woke stuff" completely without context on repeat to really rope in every virgin codexer to throw money at this game.

By the way, loving the signature. Gold star in creative shilling. Hey guys, my favorite RPG:s are BG:II, you know that game everyone here loves for that sweet Codex credibility...

and Black Geyser. Please buy this game.

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Men, I don't know what to think about this game. Everything about is mediocre at best but I still got some fun out of it.
You don't see me saying this often but this game really needed some higher production values, on all fronts.

wishbonetail

Learned
I assume this guy or a gal who talks about his/her bf all the time is the alt of that deranged guy with wives. Now, this is some juicy stuff i'm here for.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Men, I don't know what to think about this game. Everything about is mediocre at best but I still got some fun out of it.
You don't see me saying this often but this game really needed some higher production values, on all fronts.

Yeah I agree, I had a go with it a few weeks ago, and I really wanted to like it, but it's so barebones that I lost interest. I might have carried on if there were other interesting factors, like the combat, but that's mediocre too. (Comparing Encased, which I played a couple of months before, Encased is a better, more polished and finished game (although it also has fairly boring combat).) This would need a lot more detailing and QOL work to make it viable.

I think the problem is that when there are the PoE and Owlcat games around, this form of presentation makes you expect more - the bar is higher. OK, so it's more sketchy in terms of finish and polish, but that would be acceptable, it's just that you'd need other factors to compensate (like a great combat/build system), but those aren't there either. The whole thing is just barebones.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I stopped my playthrough and am going to wait for more patches/an expansion pack. It's a good BG1 clone, I enjoyed it and I do recommend it, but as the game progressed the world seemed a little empty and I encountered some bugs. I would say the game gets significantly weaker after the time-travelling quest/when the Garden of Delights becomes accessible.

In terms of bugs, I had one that broke the main quest - when Isla joined my party I quick-travelled to the southern town and was placed inside it. Obviously the gate is supposed to be barred so you're not supposed to be allowed in. Also, before you get there, you are apparently supposed to enter dialogue with Isla and be directed to a different location. Presumably I could fix this bug by loading an old save and then wandering around the Garden of Delights until Isla's dialogue occurs, but meh, I'll return when the last half of the game is actually finished and the game generally improved by patches and perhaps even an expansion pack.

to each his own I guess, most reviews find the beginning of the game a bit boring and then it gets very exciting and epic. I myself agree with this, the tutorial is slow and fedex style, but from chapter 2 - chapter 3 to the final battle, it's pure fun

DemonKing

Arcane
I decided to buy during the sale. I can always refund it within a couple of hours if it doesn't grip me.

EDIT: It doesn't even support my Ultrawide monitor's resolution - not off to a great start!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom