Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

I decided to buy during the sale. I can always refund it within a couple of hours if it doesn't grip me.

EDIT: It doesn't even support my Ultrawide monitor's resolution - not off to a great start!
Talk to devs on the Steam forum . I saw them adding custom ultra wide resolutions back in MARCH by player requests

DemonKing

Arcane
"noooo this game doesn't heckin support my 3621x702 resolution!!! It's broken!!!"

3440 x 1440 has been a pretty standard resolution for years and it's not unreasonable to expect support in a recent release.

Played a couple of hours now and there's enough there to keep me going I guess. The scrolling towards the screen edges though is pretty clunky and not very responsive but so far the story and VO have been ok. Combat is standard RTWP jank. From what I hear it picks up after Chapter 2 (presumably after the first city) and some of the systems like Greed and Party Level look interesting so far.

Codex Year of the Donut
3440 x 1440 has been a pretty standard resolution for years
image.png

DemonKing

Arcane
image.png

Given the game supports resolutions that are lower in popularity on your list than where mine sits (eg 1280 x720 at only 0.28%) I don't think my expectation was unreasonable, particular as 3440 x 1440 is actually one of the few options increasing in popularity from the last survey.

It's a bit of a dumb argument anyway given almost 70% of users are on 1920 x 1080 it only stands to reason that all other resolutions are going to be somewhat obscure in comparison.

Codex Year of the Donut
image.png

Given the game supports resolutions that are lower in popularity on your list than where mine sits (eg 1280 x720 at only 0.28%) I don't think my expectation was unreasonable, particular as 3440 x 1440 is actually one of the few options increasing in popularity from the last survey.

It's a bit of a dumb argument anyway given almost 70% of users are on 1920 x 1080 it only stands to reason that all other resolutions are going to be somewhat obscure in comparison.
1280x720 is a 16:9 resolution, yours is some weirdo australian resolution that normal people don't use

"noooo this game doesn't heckin support my 3621x702 resolution!!! It's broken!!!"

3440 x 1440 has been a pretty standard resolution for years and it's not unreasonable to expect support in a recent release.

Played a couple of hours now and there's enough there to keep me going I guess. The scrolling towards the screen edges though is pretty clunky and not very responsive but so far the story and VO have been ok. Combat is standard RTWP jank. From what I hear it picks up after Chapter 2 (presumably after the first city) and some of the systems like Greed and Party Level look interesting so far.
so I talked to my bf and he has said that resolution used to be supported but you can force the resolution this way : there is an Options file inside me AppData\LocalLow\GrapeOcean\BlackGeyser\data
and then add these lines:

"GraphResolutionH":1440,
"GraphResolutionW":3440,
"HwDefaultGraphResolutionH":1440,
"HwDefaultGraphResolutionW":3440,

he said the resolution is supported though, so you can press Alt+B to send a report to developers - he added

Sharpedge

Prophet

so I talked to my bf and he has said that resolution used to be supported but you can force the resolution this way : there is an Options file inside me AppData\LocalLow\GrapeOcean\BlackGeyser\data
and then add these lines:

"GraphResolutionH":1440,
"GraphResolutionW":3440,
"HwDefaultGraphResolutionH":1440,
"HwDefaultGraphResolutionW":3440,

he said the resolution is supported though, so you can press Alt+B to send a report to developers - he added
This poster needs the tag "My BF made me post this."

rojay

Scholar
I mean, have you tried to craft a golem, though? You might find you like it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom