Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Black Isle Kickstarter (LOL...)

Don Peste

Arcane
Hello, my name is Mr. Évreh. And I come from, uh... someplace far away. Yes, that'll do. Anyway, I say we invest our money back in the Black Isle project or whatever this is:

http://blackisle.com/
Will my contribution get me a copy of the Project V13 game if it is released?

No. This campaign isn't meant to fund the final PV13 video game.

So what DO I get?

"What's in it for me?" It's a fair question. Your contribution at $10 and up will get you access to news...

So it's not even some kind of homemade kickstarter. I think it's brilliant.

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
Had a few "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU??" moments thar.

Fuck these guys. With a rail.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
This is both the worst and the best thing.

Chris, Chip, Mark, why are you involved in this :( Makes me sad.

But yeah, this is basically a really shady way to beg some money together for a prototype. I don't know what they're thinking. It's fairly awful. Lot of the worst things of crowdfunding combined.

Had a few "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU??" moments thar.
The hell?! You don't know Christopher Taylor?! I mean, Mark O'Green or Chip Bumgardner ok, they're veterans but not super-wellknown, but Chris?! What the he-
Aug 16, 2012

Oh I see :hmmm:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hell if I know, this is even better than RPGCodex Server Upgrade.
JOIN THE CAUSE, Bros!

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
The hell?! You don't know Christopher Taylor?! I mean, Mark O'Green or Chip Bumgardner ok, they're veterans but not super-wellknown, but Chris?! What the he-
Aug 16, 2012

Oh I see :hmmm:
Fuck off, there's no way I don't know who Chris Taylor is. Put your dick away. I'm referring to the rest of the bums they had to trot out in the vid.

I used to love BIS so much I visited their website every single day in the early 2000s, and I've never even heard those names.

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
The game itself sounds kinda cool.

It's sorta like Vault 13 Tycoon.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
This is just the thing DarkUnderlord needs to copy to maximize fundraiser profits. Go on, DU, make a kickstarter video. $25 gives you access to NEWS about when GD might be back :troll:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
9932.jpg

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
I think the game idea does sound cool, myself. Plus the vid is just funny enough. The problem is that you're basically funding their forum. Can't be worse than Codex fund-raisers. I'm sure Herve won't take away general discussions.

Dragula

Augur
Hahaha what is the point of restarting BIS if they cannot afford to fund anything with the new studio?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom