Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Black Myth: Wu Kong - a.k.a. "Sekiro 2: now YOU are the monkey" - coming August 20th

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Looks OK. Playing as a monkey doesn't really appeal to me, however. Still.. will be interesting to see if it gets localized. Most Chinese games still look like crude garbage, like they're still just trying to figure out how to make a real video game. This looks like a properly made game with potential for fun.

Delterius

Arcane

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
I've got tired of these Souls-like games a long time ago.

Make something different, you filthy epigones.

what the fuck is souls-like about this other than being a 3rd person action game?

A 3rd person action game that requires more than spamming LMB?

ah I see, you're the kind of mouthbreather who would like more developers to ape AssCreed or Batman instead.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
This looks really fucking good :bounce:

The animations, visual, sound fx and even the music and art styles are pretty nice. But considering this probably being bankrolled by some millionaire and made by 1000 code monkeys locked up in a warehouse, it would be fucking shameful if even the technical side was crap.
But surprisingly the gameplay seems solid. The spells seem to be verstatile enough for both combat and exploration use, and like any good brawler the combat moves seem to have multiple purposes (like when he spinned the staff around to deflect arrows).

Asians really are the only ones nowadays that actually do decent AAA shit

Although J_C why did you said Dark Souls in the title? This more similar to a spectacle figther or any traditional 3rd person brawler than a Dark Souls copycat.

It was so odd seeing proper cue's and attack tells in a chinese game. Usually it's all particle effects and nonsense.

There is a good quantity of visual fx there, but they pretty well made and measured

this looks more like nu god of war to me.

Except it actually looks like that the gameplay isn't garbage

Riskbreaker

^My first thought was Nioh with better looking/more interesting environments.
Actually, that time limited mode wherein the character gains the powerful elemental attack and his health is filled up is remarkably like Nioh.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Some info + artwork and screenshots:

The indie team behind it is apparentely composed of around 40 people - they are now recruiting 19 more.
The studio was founded in 2014 by ex-Tencent employees.

There's a total of 72 Abilities/Actions (reference to Sun Wukong's 72 transformations).
There's also some RPG elements (take that as you will).

The game has been in development for 2 years now, with Unreal Engine 4.
The team says during that time they've played games like nu-God of War, Monster Hunter World and Sekiro - learning from each title.
The game still needs at least 2 more years of development to be completed.
During which time the studio will probably look for funding/publishers to work with.
The founder Feng Ji also says that he plans on making Black Myth a game series.

image.jpg
954.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg
Concept-heifenshan2.jpg
Concept-heifenshan1.jpg
Concept-landscape1.jpg
Concept-landscape3.jpg
Concept-landscape6.jpg
Concept-landscape2.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Black-Myth-Wu-Kong-2020-08-20-20-015.jpg
image.jpg
Wallpaper6.jpg
Black-Myth-Wu-Kong-2020-08-20-20-014.jpg
Wallpaper5.jpg

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
as someone who grew up with the sun wukong TV show (with very crappy ps2 level CG) i love this. i want this

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom