Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Blackguards 2 New Features Video, Part Two

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Blackguards 2; Daedalic Entertainment

Daedalic sent us a press release today, announcing the release of the second episode in their series of videos about the new features of Blackguards 2. This episode discusses the game's new strategic layer, including the mercenary recruitment mechanic and defense missions. It also describes some of the streamlining introduced to the game's systems ("simple misses are a thing of the past") and the new Endurance mechanic.

Besides that, there have also been a handful of Blackguards 2 previews published over the past week, at sites such as Softpedia, Entertainment Buddha and BioGamer Girl. Our own much angrier preview, courtesy of Darth Roxor, is on the way, so stay tuned.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Fun exercise: Count how many times 'streamlining' or a derivative/synonym thereof is mentioned in the vid.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Fun exercise: Count how many times 'streamlining' or a derivative/synonym thereof is mentioned in the vid.
Fun exercise: Count how many times 'streamlining' or a derivative/synonym thereof in a sequel made that sequel better.

I wish them all the best but this is far away from d1p. I guess I'll wait for Roxor's review and then for a sale...

Dehumanizer

Educated
Is it just me, or does the picture in the video look exactly like the gypsy camp in Quest for Glory 4?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is it just me, or does the picture in the video look exactly like the gypsy camp in Quest for Glory 4?

11-20fyvpd.jpg

??? I guess I can see how the layout is sort of similar.

Dehumanizer

Educated
OK, OK, it was exactly like my memory of it. :) Still, as you say, mostly the same layout.

knockupwood

Novice
Looks really good! But the combat system in the first game felt a bit lacking.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom