Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dark Eye Blackguards 2

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This game ending could have been so much better with Troika doing the ending sequence it's not even funny. All that work with C&C on those conversations, totally wasted on a binary result that resolves to a single fmv blergh.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
This game ending could have been so much better with Troika doing the ending sequence it's not even funny. All that work with C&C on those conversations, totally wasted on a binary result that resolves to a single fmv blergh.

I also don't understand why the game has a ton of – mostly pointless – C&C after you already won. I get the general concept of
what is she going to do in her last 24h of life
but it's quite underwhelming for a supposedly serious and meaningful part of the story. It's anticlimactic.

Last edited:

roshan

Arcane
80% off on Steam... Looks like this game is turning into bargain bin fodder?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not even worth the 80% off? 1 is really good, if the battles at least are similar..

Gord

Arcane
If you liked part 1, you can definitely have a go at it at 80% off.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Not even worth the 80% off? 1 is really good, if the battles at least are similar..
The battles are nice. Some even have sabotage sub-missions: you do something useful in the first part and gain advantage in the second. But in this case you have to separate yoir squad.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Get it if you liked the first, if only to newly appreciate what it did better. It's a rushed sequel were many design decisions went into the wrong direction, but the core gameplay is still enjoyable.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
graphics-alarm-lights-687060.gif

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM

INCITING INNOCENT BYSTANDERS INTO TAKING PART IN THE PURCHASING OF HARAM GOODS SUCH AS BLACKGUARDS 2 IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE UNDER SECTION 6 SUBSECTION 9 OF THE ORDO CODEXICUS SHOVELWARE PENAL CODE

PLEASE CEASE ALL HERETICAL ACTIVITY IMMEDIATELY OR YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO EXTREME PUNISHMENT

mercyRPG

Cipher
Testing if the game has any issues with early powering up the characters via CE. Lost too many hours with beginning the game again and again to re-distribute points and the character builds still sucked. Now I can try out completely new strategies on hard difficulty like mage armor, dual wielding daggers, swords, 2 handers & stuff, test warcraft max. for gold loot, dodge and advanced skills early.

See how the game feels this way.

Unwanted

Janise

Unwanted
Gayme is pretty shitty. Playing on Hard, its a complete pushover.
PC got 2 levels of fireball and 2 levels of heal and 2 levels of mana regen and until now I can basically outlast everything... And since I spent exactly 0 XP on the party members, the merc are vastly better than they are.

Crappy story, same shitty characters but now you have to listen to them a second time... This kinda pisses me off. The story and char part is badly done.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I'm always happy to learn from immensely gifted players such as you, would you mind installing OBS (it's free) and make a video showing how you roflstomp a couple of lvl7 difficulty locations like Akiza toll fortress and Adamant's fortress or even the hunter's lair on hard difficulty?
That mana regen 2 and heal 2 + fireball 2 should make it simple, pretty sure nobody before you ever considered that spell selection.
You can do it right after the first 4 areas, it's gonna be a pushover for an expert such as you of course but I will probably learn something. No worries, I will recognize if it's really on hard by the HP/dmg of the enemies and the XP you'll get at the end. Assuming you'll see the end of course.

Unwanted

Janise

Unwanted
There is no need to be upset, my patriotic friend!

Adamant has zero damage output. The cloud does 9 pts damage on Zubaran with his Yellow Robe who stands near it and just tanks it with a 5 mana heal spell. The sandwitch does not do enough damage to PC, some 8 points. So we run around and push the levers.
pJqu0sx.jpg

5qkycUZ.jpg

Saves, before and after. Dunno if they force the Difficulty setting, but you can count the XP points.
http://rgho.st/6Qdz9VCHV

The hunters were the first fight I had to reload twice. Went all cheapo on them. The AI seems to be dumber than in the first game...
zpX3hp9.jpg

pOA4w3j.jpg

Akiza toll fortress needed either the mage or assassin merc because I wanted to stop the courier. I could outheal the damage the insect archer was doing across the map.

First massive defense with the huge field got beat by running around wiht 1 char for 100 turns and triggering traps until they all died.

Unwanted

Janise

Unwanted
Now this guy...
VJXpXgW.jpg

Still havent spent XP points but will have to.
He has 4 mana potions and regens 8 pts per trun. He hastes himself and throws 2 lvl3 fireballs at you per turn... Thats 50 pts damage... Or firebolt at 29 pts * 2... The char that opens the cage is deeeaaad. And then some. I dont even know how to start fighting him. Probably will have to spend my first ducates on poison or some shit.

Unwanted

Janise

Unwanted
Adamant is quick and painless shtick compared to the handful of defense fights that are easier and more boring versions of the offense fights. I dont know who was idiotic enough to include them.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Those fights make it seem more like a strategy game than an RPG, which is incidentally what they tried to sell the game on. It quickly becomes apparant that the shift isn't a design decision as much as necessary padding to sell a hastily constructed product as an actual sequel.

Unwanted

Janise

Unwanted
Am basically here, the 2 boss fights cannot be beat with minimal XP investment on hard, at least I couldnt find a way. Megbila defense is funny because its an order of magnitude harder than the offense. So you lose the def fight and reconquer it for easier progress, lulz.
I am prolly just gonna take the mapwide cold spell and spam the rest of the game to death.
I didnt care that they cut the attributes, like some autists here. But the encounters suffered massively in difficulty, partly due to the dumb AI, partly due to design, partly due to the enemies.
HtC4pQ9.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom