Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Blackguards Chapter 3 Now Available on Steam Early Access

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Blackguards; Daedalic Entertainment

The Early Access version of Daedalic's Blackguards continues to be updated at a steady pace. As of today, it includes the game's third chapter, which is apparently particularly large in size and scope. The announcement on the game's community hub page explains:

Chapter 3 unlocked!

In this very moments the biggest chapter to date is becoming unlocked for our Early Access audience. The third part of Blackguards is about two times as big as the first chapter was, so be prepared for a journey of epic scale!

Again we are really proud of what we have achieved so far and are eager to hear your feedback, as we are still working hard on the game to shape it the way you told us. So keep up telling us what is on your mind - whatever you like about the game and what you do not like.

As always, you can read about our changes to the game in the changelog below. We wish you a lot of fun with Chapter 3!

Your Blackguards Team​

The update also comes with a smattering of bug fixes and other improvements. Blackguards is currently available on Steam, with a final release expected next month.

thekdawg21

Augur
Project: Eternity
I just hope to christ they keep the press release difficulty intact. I can't remember the last time a strategy RPG at 'expert' or 'hard' difficulty was actually challenging.

skyst

Augur
I'm looking forward to chapter 3 but it'll have to wait until I'm done dicking around with Wasteland 2. Crazy having a couple new RPGs looking to eat up my time.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
The Codex has issues? You’re right!. It’s written by Comic Book guys who like to praise outdated mechanics for a group of other Comic Book guys who have a contest to see who can be the most vile, racist and disgusting of the bunch. Great group of peeps you have there.

I bet this guy thinks Skyrim is the greatest game ever.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Mission accomplished. Posted a counter-rant wall of text that got deleted in about a minute. And I tried to not be that offensive even though I was smoldering with rage, but I guess the combination of doritos, incompetence and uninformed articles was too much.

Well, that's a good one. I'm usually not bothered enough by some of RPS's incredibly sloppy and uninformed articles to comment on them, but this one has left me genuinely upset. I particularly love how you couldn't even spell the developer's name properly in the very first line.

As for the rest of this magnificent piece of gaming journalism, I can only ask one thing: are you even trying? "Sloppy translation"? That's always a good pseudo-critical nitpick because it's almost never justified or backed up in any way, but looks really nice when included on a list of "THIS, THIS AND THIS SUCKS SO BAD OMG". I also can't possibly fathom how a typical UI with a radial-menu, adjustable hotkeys and point'n'click functionality is so very confusing and horrible.

Then we come to the "meat" of the game, in the description of which you only show that you are incompetent and too busy chewing on Doritos to divert any actual attention to the game. The troll fight was "horrible" because you had your ass kicked and didn't pay attention to the visual (which are hardly just "minor graphical differences") and spoken cues? Well, blimey, how dare the game do this to you. Where's muh quest compass and pointy arrows?! I also like how you put it right there that your fireballs fail so often. Reminds me of some of the "criticism" found on Steam forums. Which is made even better considering the fact that the non-main-character mage's default starting fire spell is raised high enough to fail very rarely, AND his default full mana pool is enough to fry the troll without resorting to silly kiting to regen mana.

And at the end of the day, I can only actually wonder - what is your ACTUAL criticism of this game? Because all that I can read in this article of yours is "boring, boring, boring, boring, sloppy, cheap, dodgy, I couldn't be arsed to pay attention, boring, Skyrim". Good job. A high beacon of profeshunul gaeming joornalizm indeed.

But hey, at least they fixed the name! Quality journalism :troll:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wow, that's an incredibly terrible article even by RPS standards.

I guess they still can't forgive Daedalic for all the racism/sexism/whatever in Goodbye Deponia. :P

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Mission accomplished. Posted a counter-rant wall of text that got deleted in about a minute. And I tried to not be that offensive even though I was smoldering with rage, but I guess the combination of doritos, incompetence and uninformed articles was too much.

Well, that's a good one. I'm usually not bothered enough by some of RPS's incredibly sloppy and uninformed articles to comment on them, but this one has left me genuinely upset. I particularly love how you couldn't even spell the developer's name properly in the very first line.

As for the rest of this magnificent piece of gaming journalism, I can only ask one thing: are you even trying? "Sloppy translation"? That's always a good pseudo-critical nitpick because it's almost never justified or backed up in any way, but looks really nice when included on a list of "THIS, THIS AND THIS SUCKS SO BAD OMG". I also can't possibly fathom how a typical UI with a radial-menu, adjustable hotkeys and point'n'click functionality is so very confusing and horrible.

Then we come to the "meat" of the game, in the description of which you only show that you are incompetent and too busy chewing on Doritos to divert any actual attention to the game. The troll fight was "horrible" because you had your ass kicked and didn't pay attention to the visual (which are hardly just "minor graphical differences") and spoken cues? Well, blimey, how dare the game do this to you. Where's muh quest compass and pointy arrows?! I also like how you put it right there that your fireballs fail so often. Reminds me of some of the "criticism" found on Steam forums. Which is made even better considering the fact that the non-main-character mage's default starting fire spell is raised high enough to fail very rarely, AND his default full mana pool is enough to fry the troll without resorting to silly kiting to regen mana.

And at the end of the day, I can only actually wonder - what is your ACTUAL criticism of this game? Because all that I can read in this article of yours is "boring, boring, boring, boring, sloppy, cheap, dodgy, I couldn't be arsed to pay attention, boring, Skyrim". Good job. A high beacon of profeshunul gaeming joornalizm indeed.

But hey, at least they fixed the name! Quality journalism :troll:

:excellent:

You are a scummy villain.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2

"It’s genuinely great – and useful – to hear what other players think and why they disagree, rather than simply see a demonstration of their anger."

I'd appreciate it if RPS editors bothered to adhere to the set of rules they seem to force upon others as opposed to angrily spewing out incomprehensible nonsense holding no weight whatsoever, as evidenced by that article.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I left some pretty snarky comments in response to Alec's responses which seem to have been disappeared.

One was along the lines that he should only accept criticism that he likes, and if he doesn't like it, it's not valid.

The other was something like it's good to be dismissive when people complain instead of addressing what made them angry.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
But you know, honestly, I think what annoyed me the most about this article is something I've mentioned in the rant, too - the "sloppy translation" part. Not only because it is a blatant and shameless lie, but because it's a typical lazy mind trick - it's not backed by anything, and is largely intangible and opaque. You can't look over screens or something and determine whether that translation really is botched, so you gotta rely on that idiot's opinion, who also gets "default cred" because he's a "native speaker" (as if that ever meant anything), and he is most likely absolutely aware of that.

So hey, *snorts cocaine*, let's look over the list of things I called boring and shit, hmmm, it would look nice with another point, AH, of course, it's a German game so let's mention bad translation! You are a genius, Alec! *scribbles down another sentence, hits submit, masturbates furiously over his wit and criticism*

Tigranes

Arcane
I haven't played the game, but that is truly awful.

I like the fact that RPS is snarky, but too often snarky seems to take over any modicum of analysis or fairness. And when that happens, you're worse than IGN.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom