Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Blackguards Chapter 4 Now Available on Steam Early Access

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Blackguards; Daedalic Entertainment

The Early Access version of Blackguards received an update today which adds the fourth chapter (out of five) to the game. A brief announcement explains:

Hi there,

we hope you had a great Christmas and you are now fully recovered to visit the new chapter 4 of Blackguards. And because there are always some people who have to work at New Years Eve we thougt we release the update on Sunday. And because we couldn't wait to share it with you.

So have a lot of fun with this chapter and don't stop giving us your feedback. Again we did adjustments with the difficulty level, so let us know if it is to hard for you now ;).

Have fun and stay awesome,
your Blackguards team
This being a Sunday, I guess they didn't feel like saying much more than that. Keep in mind that this new chapter of the game was not covered in our preview, so this is uncharted territory. If you plan on playing it, please feel free to post your impressions here!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
IIRC, part of it was playable in the press/beta build.... It had a nice hint at C&C that I'm curious to see if it pays in the end. But I'll wait for the full release now.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Gaining less AP for each victory (23 now instead 25)? I wonder if it will have a real influence when it's about improving skills, spells, talents or stats in the lenght of the game. I just fought goblins since last version, and some have now a caracterising star on their portrait meaning they are stronger than the others.Didn't notice that in earlier version.Need to dig deeper about the increased difficulty level

Last edited:

racofer

Thread Incliner
20 GB download :( When did this happen?
Has science gone too far?
R7Gw4Ln.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
20 GB download :( When did this happen?
"I-it's b-beta"

You know, I don't really get this saying of yours. Yes, "it's a beta" IS a valid retort to many things. I promise you that many of your favorite games (if you have any) would seem like disasters to you in beta.

That said, I'm not sure what game size has to do with it. It's the year 2014, games are getting big, deal with it.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
You know, I don't really get this saying of yours. Yes, "it's a beta" IS a valid retort to many things. I promise you that many of your favorite games (if you have any) would seem like disasters to you in beta.
Maybe, but not this type of early access betas.

That said, I'm not sure what game size has to do with it. It's the year 2014, games are getting big, deal with it.
I hope this is not a serious comment, 20gb for this game's scale is quite obviously not very optimized.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Jokes aside, is really a huge ammount of data for such game... I know that every battlefield is unique and all that, but stilll... I downloaded Neverwinter last week and it was like 8Gb, and thats for a MMO.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Well, TBH, when I downloaded the game it was 10GB. The patches are around 2GB each, but I thought they were replacing existing data.

Maybe they are, but Steam is downloading the original game AND them instead of a merged version?

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I'm not going to play again until I can create a character. A mage character just felt eclipsed, especially in chapter 3 where you have two dedicated spellcasters, with arguably superior starting spell combinations. I'm still very much looking forward to the full version of the game though. Its emphasis on combat means I'd be more willing to replay it a second time. (Even with RPGs with a lot of C&C, I can't normally play them again if the combat is a drag)

Nekrosis

Literate
I can't wait for the final release. I am really looking forward to start all over again and create my own character. I finished chapter 4 yesterday evening and I really love this game. I really want to play the final chapter now to see how everything will be concluded.

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I can't wait for the final release. I am really looking forward to start all over again and create my own character. I finished chapter 4 yesterday evening and I really love this game. I really want to play the final chapter now to see how everything will be concluded.

The story is good in chapter 4 ?

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Is there any chance to see a GOG release or better, an international boxed version?
Come on Io-Daedalic!!!

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Its a plot twist with C&C, im still unsure how it will play out with the choices I made or how will it impact the story.I have to wait till end of Januari for that. It wouldnt be fair to give away anything, tho. ;)

belated

Augur
Is there any chance to see a GOG release or better, an international boxed version?
Come on Io-Daedalic!!!

Reply from Daedalic support to someone on the GOG forum:
Blackguards is scheduled to be released on GOG simultaneously with the worldwide Steam and the box release on 24th January 2014.

Nekrosis

Literate

IMO it is! I really liked the whole game so far. But I have to agree with Markman that it wouldn't be fair to spoil anything. Just see for yourself. ;) Have you played the first three chapters? I can't wait to get my hands on the fifth chapter. I really hope that Blackguards will be a success... I want a sequel!!! ;) There aren't that many fantasy themed roundbased strategy games out there. And besides that, the Dark Eye is one of my absolute favourite universes!!!

Nekrosis

Literate

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom