Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blackspace!

What do you think about Blackspace?

• Pretty cool. Smarten it up, add loads more shit and I'd pay $5 for it.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It's good for what it is.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Meh. It was fun for 5 mins.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blackspace?

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
MCA
Go boldly where (almost) no men has gone before and you will find a place to sell those.

It's time we got the option to get rid of components at any station, possibly at a price, of course.

Kayerts

Arcane
Where can you unload those? Is this a new station?

@Gold: If you can't find the docking facility he's talking about, you can always buy one of the lesser self-destruct devices. Assuming you survive the blast, it will still cripple your ship and destroy any power generators you have on board, if memory serves. Your engines will die without power, though, so if you have more than 500 clicks, you'll lose those.

(By the way, that feature seems kind of useless, DU. If you're under attack from another player and losing, you are unlikely to notice in time to blow yourself up. It might be interesting if it inflicted damage to any other ships/enemies in the square, although that might be overpowered.)

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Kayerts said:
(By the way, that feature seems kind of useless, DU. If you're under attack from another player and losing, you are unlikely to notice in time to blow yourself up. It might be interesting if it inflicted damage to any other ships/enemies in the square, although that might be overpowered.)
It works perfectly fine on my localhost where it's a nice "test a new setup" method. :) But combat-wise, I was thinking you'd auto-self destruct right before the end, and thus avoid losing credits... or something.

villain of the story said:
It's time we got the option to get rid of components at any station, possibly at a price, of course.
Yeah, I want to incorporate something like that when I make stations work properly.

I'll try and work out what's happening with holds...

MCA
If that fails, just give us a few hundred billions for compensation so we can self-destruct and start over :troll:

Kayerts

Arcane
Sounds like your ship's machine spirit is upset with you. If you PM me your password and the account you want fixed, I can probably calm it for you.

(Encountered the bug myself yesterday and fixed it this way. The method I'm thinking of can be used for evil, so I'd prefer to keep it to myself. Up to you, obviously, but I figured I'd make the offer.)

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
DarkUnderlord said:
Simply put, ships > 1,000 shouldn't exist¹. The only thing I've done is be kind by not resetting everyone after I fixed that money exploit (prices and weapons will be re-worked accordingly when that happens) - ostensibly because I actually wanted to test a couple of things because as Kayerts found, there's quite some substantial bugs in the combat system at the moment. And fixing bugs means I'm not developing new content.

So, what does the future hold for the multi-billionaire club? Is there any point in continuing to grow our ships, or will they be reset later on anyhow?

MCA
Kayerts said:
Sounds like your ship's machine spirit is upset with you. If you PM me your password and the account you want fixed, I can probably calm it for you.

(Encountered the bug myself yesterday and fixed it this way. The method I'm thinking of can be used for evil, so I'd prefer to keep it to myself. Up to you, obviously, but I figured I'd make the offer.)

If you have an actual solution...

MCA
You really need to get to fixing mining, DU, to give an alternative to everyone for getting teh riches. Never mind the fact that profit per click on a same sized ship is ten to hundred times less profitable in perfect conditions (which seems to be unattainable atm), the variation of the amount of resource you mine per click is also a joke, making it hundred to thousand times less profitable.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Sitra Achara said:
So, what does the future hold for the multi-billionaire club? Is there any point in continuing to grow our ships, or will they be reset later on anyhow?
It is my intention to avoid a "reset" if at all possible. However, you shouldn't confuse that with my intent to destroy you all through other means.

Kayerts

Arcane
villain of the story said:
Kayerts said:

If you have an actual solution...

I do. Word of honor. :)

MCA
Right. DU, would you be so kind to give me the $350B+ I spent on restructuring my ship after self-destructing to get rid of the cargo hold bug? Pretty please?

Wild Slop

Arcane
Proposed method of galaxy wide destruction...
One end of the far map is a ship named "This" it will be at least 5 times smaller than the great one and at least 10 times as powerful. On the opposite end is its double called "That".
Each will move slowly towards the center and when they meet will merge into something far far worse: "Discuss!" or "The inane one".
Whatever the case this herald of doom can attack planets, warp attack any unlikely enemy strong enough to be a threat to random far reaches of space and upon its neigh impossible death create a black hole/void.

The Pleasure

Barely Literate
Reserved Slop
Gentile Slop
Lesofiere Slop
racofer slop
Slop Slop
lunchlady nitghtmatre

MCA
You mispelled Lesifoere.

Kayerts

Arcane
Wild Slop said:
[..] it will be at least 5 times smaller than the great one and at least 10 times as powerful. [..]

He already did something considerably meaner. The first time I fought the Entity, it was 1/75th my size and did about 15000 times the damage to me that I did to it. Killed me in one shot from around 30 million cumulative points of defense.

(The third time we fought, I'd refactored some things and killed it in one shot. Of course, that was when I still had my inertialess drive technology; it wouldn't go anywhere near that favorably now.)

Gold

Augur
Patron
Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Well, I can say it makes a decent mobile game when stuck somewhere.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Is recent updated settled now?
I was docked at Lonak last and now see that my ship has been destroyed-or rather lost everything down to escape pod. Bank is still in tack thankfully. Shame though.

Actually screw it. I have my bank, like I said, I'll just build a new ship -a better one.

*Spoke far too soon its all back

Baron

Arcane
I can't remember where I parked my spaceship... I'd just parked on The Edge and ducked inside to grab some Metal. When I came out my ship was gone. All that time wasting was a waste of time!

Mindless space trading has inspired me to play X3:TC again though.

edit: weird... ship found. Went from 10 thrust down to 1.30 per hour. Might take a while to get off this rock.

Shed 18% of my ship size, purchased 10 or so thrusters... now have 1.41 thrust per hour. No one likes fatties. Even in space. Time to start jettisoning all non-essential crew.

MCA
DU must be having a blast.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
The ships having zero equipment and resetting to pods was a bad field update on my part. All ships should be fixed now and back to what they were.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
That's because the... umm... wiring of the extra engine... is umm... difficult so... like.... it reduces your thrust when you add extra engines... because the power needs to be distributed around to an inefficient engine and... ummm... yeah.

Yeah, the thrust formula still needs some work. I had wanted to make it a bit more satisfactory before I updated but it was taking longer than I wanted to come up with something I was happy with - so I updated and will spend more time on it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom