Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blade of Darkness re-release

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I do not believe my problems with this janky piece of crap have to do with skill.
I never complained about BoD's camera, I said it was the targeting.

Oh I know what's going on
You're not used to playing brawlers that have both high attack commitment and no tracking
The list of brawlers you played even confirms it (most those games have low to no commitment and the few that don't, have some kind of tracking)

Meaning you're missing because you are timing your attacks very poorly

See, in Severance you cannot cancel or switch out your moves a certain point after their input (high commitment) and the animation of said move locks your character in place, meaning you can't "adjust" him while excuting (no tracking)
This makes you very open to getting punished if the enemy happens to be moving during that time frame

Last edited:

PrettyDeadman

Roguey is terrible at playing videogames. When people like us honed their skills and learned how to DOMINATE in 3D person action videogames, roguey stalked celebraties and scammed people online into thiking he is a female.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I have the original release on GOG. What does this re-release offer to justify the investment? What does it patch?

So far it seems they given the Nightdive treatment of making the game run more stable on modern hardware (goodbye launcher with dead API's like Voodoo and 3DFX; widescreen support up to 4K resolution; redone higher quality icons; etc...)

Codemasters had lost the IP rights, that's why the game was taken off GOG
Now it seems that someone either bought the rights or whoever had them, decided to relaunch the game
Why?
Your guess is as good as mine
Maybe the company behind this "remaster" approached them with an offer, or whoever holds the rights might be gauging interest.

It even glitches the intro, it plays in a small screen.

The intro cutscene is of low resulotion
There's nothing they can do there, except recreate it

Ash

Arcane
Roguey is terrible at playing videogames. When people like us honed their skills and learned how to DOMINATE in 3D person action videogames, roguey stalked celebraties and scammed people online into thiking he is a female.

That was my conclusion too after a few interactions with him. Bro do you even lift input devices?

Still, the codex is his home nonetheless. One of the nicer or more interesting weirdos on here.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Russians seem to like this game. There was a better video than this of the original unmodded game where a Russian guy mastered the art of dodging mid way through special attacks. So lets say the fire sword for Tukaram has 5 attacks (can't remember how many) he was able to dodge in between each attack.

I think that was the next level of combat the game was aiming at. It was tough to master though because the ogres would fuck you up with their hammers having such a wide radius of attack.

This mod looks interesting if I was to play the game again:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/mod-dificultad-hiperboreo-v15-espaol/downloads/hyperborean-mod-v1-5-1

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin
The intro cutscene is of low resulotion
There's nothing they can do there, except recreate it

The problem is that in my case, the FMV appears in the top left part of my screen, actually, not even totally on the left. but it should be at least centered. But I guess this will eventually be patched in the final release. I've seen re-releases that deals better with these kind of presentation.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1710170/discussions/0/3081016749000174981/

Changelog
Below you can find a list of the key changes in the game:

v61 (Oct 7, 2021, re-release)
- reworked rendering layer (DirectX 11)
- introduced widescreen support
- introduced 4K resolutions support
- new audio engine (SoLoud)
- added UI options (scale, subtitles, visibility)
- added ability to change Feild of View
- added antialisaing feature
- added Vsync & framerate limitation options
- new speakers configurations
- updated color correction settings
- added support for Russian and Simplified Chinese languages
- introduced platfroms SDKs (achievements, cloud-saves)
- various optimizations and stability works
- various bug fixes across the game
- re-integrated support for OpenGL and console (see FAQ for more details)
- added old build (2001, v1.01) as a bonus content with minor imrovements with partical Win 10 compatability

yellowcake

Arcane
Bought it on GOG. I also have a bargain bin release I got in 2003 but I only have it installed on my PIII retro PC. Let's see how it works.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I think I might buy this one on Steam just for the achievements

Yeah, yeah
GOG has no DRM bullshit, but in this case I don't much care since I already have a physical copy of the original anyway:

P-20211007-203127-HDR.jpg

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Them adding a Russian translation was a nice touch
They've pretty much been the ones to keep the game from being totally forgotten

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
GOG just added the new Blade of Darkness to my library. I was one of the 7 people who bought back when they had it listed before.

Old GOG version installer is 462 MB, came with manual, avatars and concept art.

New version installer is two part, 2 MB and 1.5 GB. No extras.

Divinity: Original Sin
I think I might buy this one on Steam just for the achievements

Yeah, yeah
GOG has no DRM bullshit, but in this case I don't much care since I already have a physical copy of the original anyway

Well, I had it on GOG, and it just appeared the new version on my library. I'm playing it and well... it also has achievements on GOG....

Wunderbar

Arcane
Them adding a Russian translation was a nice touch
They've pretty much been the ones to keep the game from being totally forgotten
i wonder which translation was used. The game was highly popular among pirate studios, there were like four different versions floating around, some of them even had a voice acting.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Good time to restart my playthrough.
I already finished the game with both Sargon and Nagfar but for some reason I stop playing with Tukaram, my favourite character, right near the end.

This time i even my finish the game with Zoe but i always allow myself 0 saves and Zoe's level is a nightmare.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Playing as a dwarf for the first time, so far so good. Except that it seems like weapon names in the combo menu are all mixed up.

sN73LTi.jpg

blWWoyu.png
I67UGo5.png

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Playing as a dwarf for the first time
Then I shall post this there, in case you're not the only one.
Naglfar is my favourite character to play with, you just have to know his strengths and weaknesses. He's a counter puncher, meaning he hits after the enemies unleashed their attack, this makes his short range not a problem and his dodge is actually quite good, I'd say equal to or better than Tukaram and much better than Sargon. He has a limited (but useful) moveset so relies more on his weapons special attacks for the big damage, and there are quite a few good ones. Takes some getting used to but it's very satisfying to be in the thick of the melee, needing no room and giving no breathing space to your enemy.

However never pick up or use the war axe from the bottom of Mount Khelbegen, it's bugged and useless.

The running is hilarious though.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Replayed it whole 3 years back, is the re-release a huge improvement (in what exactly anyway, it was already very good) so as to make another playthrough?

I guess not!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom