Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Blind newfag plays Pool of Radiance!

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Good going!

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Bah, you got so lucky with both of them. Oh, how many times I got killed by either the basilisk or especially the spectre.
Actually, I did reload once with the spectre. I killed the basilisk without reloading, though, which was really lucky.
I think losing Hit Points even if restoring all levels is a bug. You may want to fix that with a character editor. There is one here, but I haven't tried it, though.
What? Kezerilla haven't lost any HP.
As for the Manual you found, it's a Manual of Bodily Health. If a character Uses it from the Camp menu and then immediately Rests for 31 uninterrupted days it is supposed to permanently increase CON by 1. It worked fine in the Amiga version, but not so in the DOS version. In my experience it will work if you follow the above instructions, but you will not see a benefit right away. Last time I played I suddenly got a message about the CON increase when I was out exploring the wilderness.
Thanks, I was wondering why reading that book didn't give any stat boost.

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Wilderness

Reload.

u09001.png

Procratiannas equips the Cloak of Displacement, which lowers her AC by 2 points.

u09002.png

Also, here's Procrastianna's list of spells. Animate Dead creates an undead to fight on our side. Prayer is a combat only spell that buff our guys and weaken the enemy.

u09003.png

Grunker uses the Manual of Bodily Health we found earlier.

u09004.png

Then we rest for a full month.

u09005.png

Success! Grunker's CON score is now 16. :incline:

u09006.png

Hmmm. The Passenger Docks now has ships to places other than Sokal Keep. Let's take a boat to the east.

u09007.png

:yeah:
We are now in the wilderness areas near Phlan. Exploring the wilderness is actually not very diffrent from exploring dungeons; The view is top-down but other than that it's pretty much the same.

u09008.png

You can guess what happened to the kobolds.

u09009.png

To the west was another part of the Old Phlan. We shall explore the southern area first.

u09010.png

Back to the familiar first-person dungeon crawling.

u09011.png

We were ambushed by some orcs when we entered a nearby house.

u09012.png

There were like 12 of them. We have killed twenty orcs in a single fight at level 1. Talk about ridiculous difficulty curves.

u09013.png

u09014.png

u09015.png

Man, I don't think we'll ever run out of money again. Everybody in our party have 2 or 3 jewels on them at this point.

u09016.png

u09017.png

Let's try talking with them.

u09018.png

Success!

u09019.png

Later, we ran into even more orcs. This time, I decided we'd combat with them.

u09020.png

The orcs were easily killed. They had some holy symbols on them, which we take with us. They might be useful later.

u09021.png

Well... This is the temple of Bane, right? We shall explore elsewhere for the time being.

u09022.png

u09023.png

u09024.png

Not bad, considering that we didn't even have to fight anything to obtain these.

u09025.png

u09026.png

He's dead. He won't mind us taking his jewelry.

u09027.png

This area has lots of unguarded loots.

u09028.png

u09029.png

Such as this.

u09030.png

Finally something to fight.

u09031.png

Gee, these guys are so weak compared to us that I almost felt sorry for killing them. Almost.

u09032.png

:yawn:

u09033.png

Entry 53
A crumpled discarded piece of paper, full of rub outs and scratch overs.
Priests: 1
Acolytes: 4
Ogres: 1
Hobgoblins: 40
Orcs: 90
Goblin Slaves: 20
Will we get to fight these monsters? I hope we will. Would certainly be a intersting fight.

u09034.png

Well... While I do want to sacrifice some helpless goblins to the Hivemind of Kodexia, they might provide useful information for us. Okay, you may go.

u09035.png

Thanks, I figured as much. :x

u09036.png

Magnus equipped the holy symbols before we enter the temple.

u09037.png

But it did nothing. :rage:

u09038.png

u09039.png

:roll:

u09040.png

u09041.png

Ugh. Fucking riddles... I think the full message was "NORTH WALL. RIGHT FRONT GLASS. USE." but I'm not quite sure.

u09042.png

Search them, of course! If the game asks us if we want to search something there must be stuff to be discovered!

u09043.png

:rage:

u09044.png

u09045.png

We won the battle without any problem.

u09046.png

And the beds were empty too. Apparently I have underestimated the DMing skill of the devs.

u09047.png

This block has been mostly explored, but there's a 1x3 room in the southern part of map that I couldn't get in. Maybe it has something to do with the riddle...

u09048.png

Pah. Let's go back to the city.

u09049.png

Huh. So the big mansion we cleared wasn't the temple after all.

u09050.png

u09051.png

u09052.png

u09053.png

u09054.png

All our fighters, the hero included, have gained a fighter level. Elwro gained a thief level as well.

u09055.png

Finally, the ring we found previously was a Ring of Feather Falling. Dosen't sound too useful.

DUNGEON MAPS

The Area Next To The Evil Temple (Whatever it's called):
SOUTH.png

Kz3r0

Arcane
Nice update, keep up the good job, we need someone carrying the banner of old school games in these time of emotional enfagement.:thumbsup:

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Kovel Mansion

Reload.

u10001.png

We ran into some minotaurs on our way to the old city. We attacked them because, well, we can.

u10002.png

Minotaurs are basically just a much stronger version of ogres. Thankfully, there were only 3 of them.

u10003.png

They managed to wound us quite badly, but the XP we got was worth it.

u10004.png

This time we shall explore the north part.

u10005.png

Like the library block, this block consisted of nothing but a huge building. Maybe this is the Koval Mansion.

u10006.png

Hello! Is anyone home?

u10007.png

u10008.png

I let him go in hope that he might provide us some information. He didn't. :rage:

u10009.png

You aren't getting away this time, fucker.

u10010.png

Pfft, Bee could beat this guy in melee.

u10011.png

Insert overused internet meme here.

u10012.png

Let's search a bit first, okay? Try not to trigger any traps.

u10013.png

:x I SAID DON'T TRIGGER ANY TRAPS!

u10014.png

We crush the thieves with ease.

u10015.png

u10016.png

Hey, the equipments were really magical! I'm surprised.

u10017.png

Don't chase them. They are baiting us. Okay maybe they aren't but safe is better than sorry. Paranoia is your best friend.

u10018.png

I don't think we actually took any damage.

u10019.png

This area has lots of traps.

u10020.png

u10021.png

We search them one by one.

u10022.png

Despite the message, though, no damage was taken.

u10023.png

Kezerilla attempts to pick the lock.

u10024.png

She failed, so we went for the violent solution instead.

u10025.png

u10026.png

Meh. We don't even need money anymore.

u10027.png

u10028.png

Casket B had a piece of jewelry in it.

u10029.png

This trap was actually rather nasty as it hit everybody at once.

u10030.png

u10031.png

Casket C and D both had gems in them.

u10032.png

jentry29.png

A map, you say? I'll take that.

u10033.png

Sometimes we detect traps before stumbling into them.

u10034.png

:incline:

u10035.png

While the cabinet was most certainly trapped, we just couldn't stop thinking about the potential treasures in it.

u10036.png

u10037.png

Kezerilla attempted to disarm the trap but failed and set it off. :decline:

u10038.png

The reward was worth it though.

u10039.png

jentry41.png

Another piece of map? I suppose this will come in handy.

u10040.png

An ambush!

u10041.png

Now that's what I call a real fight.

u10042.png

Kezerilla was knocked out by some weak-ass thieves, partially because they got lucky and partially because she's useless.

u10043.png

Among the weak level 1 thieves there were three level 6 ones, who are still pathetically weak.

u10044.png

Sleep spamming time.

u10045.png

Three level 6 thieves - just enough for one Hold Person to handle. :troll:

u10046.png

Look at this man, Kezerilla. What you are now, he was once; what he is now, you soon will be. This is your fate, you destiny that was carved unto your very soul when your creator decided to make you a single-classed thief. And for this I pity you, Gimped One, I pity you still.

u10047.png

That's probably the most difficult fight we've fought in a while. Mostly because we walked into the fight while we're half dead.

u10048.png

u10049.png

Too many trash.

u10050.png

Entry 38
Several pieces of paper with highly organized writing.
Fact: Werner von Urslingen is a retired mercenary captain turn business man.
Strong Rumor: mostly intersted in the military aspects of the reconquest of Phlan.
Rumor: fought in a mercenary unit hired by The Boss early in his career.
Rumor: hates Zhentarim because he fought in a unit against them several times.
Rumor: has strong contacts with other mercenaries and some ruffians in town; none of our informants confirm such contact.
Vague Rumor: Von Urslingen's unit was wiped out by enemy magic users; he was the only survivor; he retired and now secretly hates magic users.
Entry 51
Fact: Bishop Braccio is the highest ranking religious leader in Phlan. Runs small temple in civilized section of city.
Vague Rumor: Braccio is actually a front-man for a powerful high priest who never leaves the small temple.
Strong Rumor: Braccio is under fire to 'do something' about the undead problem. So long as the undead were causing the monsters more trouble than the settlers, he had other, more pressing, problems.
Rumor: Braccio is opposed to the temple tendency to sell clerical 'miracles'; but he understands that the temple needs fund. Braccio would rather perform such 'miracles' in exchange for good works done in the name of the church, not just for money or items of power.
Phew! That's some major infodump here. Anyway, we're dangrously low on HP; time to bail.

u10051.png

Back to the dungeon, we run into a fixed encounter.

u10052.png

Didn't take any screenshot because I don't think anyone would be intersted in watching us fighting weak-ass level 1 thieves for the umpteenth time.

u10053.png

u10054.png

Entry 48
Strong Rumor: The Boss is a dragon or is a human who can take the form of a dragon.
Vague Rumor: The Boss is a metallic dragon. Not considered likely as metallic dragons are 'good'.
Fact: The Boss holds audiences in Valjevo Castle. Castle is guarded by groups of big stupid monsters, with occasional smart human leaders.
Rumor: The Boss doesn't spend full time at Valjevo Castle.
Fact: maze inside castle wall; passwords are needed to get past castle gates.
Rumor: The Boss has been sending out messengers to the tribes of monsters in the area to recruit new units.
Vague Rumor: The Boss is recruiting new units in preparation for an assault to retake the civilized sections of Phlan.
The Boss... is a dwagon?! :eek:

u10055.png

We found magical loots in a nearby room.

u10056.png

This shit again?

u10057.png

Entry 23
Fact: Ulrich Eberhard is old, hard headed in every sense of the word, leader of the initial expendition to retake Phlan.
Strong Rumor: unfaithful to his wife, but she knows, though he doesn't know she knows.
Rumor: hates monsters, with a passion; would kill every last one before surrendering.
Vague Rumor: angry attitude is a cover; he is actually paid by The Boss.
Rumor: opposes rise of Porphyrys Cadorna as a, 'Young upstart who doesn't respect his elders!'
Entry 14
Fact: Porphyrys Cadorna is the last known surviving member of the Cadorna Clan.
Strong Rumor: rising star in city politics and on the City Council.
Rumor: very charming, has many admirers, but no known mate.
Rumor: vindicative, likes to get his own way and remembers when he is (in his mind) double crossed.
Fact: has contacted thieves to have them gain him information on the Pool of Radiance.
Fact: has hired a number of mercenaries through the thieves (we received our normal cut).
Vague Rumor: is using mercenaries to find Pool of Radiance.
Cadorna is probably still butthurt about us double-crossing him. :smug: Also, a lot of guys appear to be looking for the Pool of Radiance. The Pool is a popular legend around Phlan. It's rumored that using the Pool grants a man godlike powers. Unfortunately, nobody actually knows how to use this pool, or even where it is.

u10058.png

Cabinet B contains lots of silver coins which we didn't even bother taking.

u10059.png

u10060.png

Much better.

u10061.png

We found tapestries in a nearby room. The were too heavy for us to carry, so we left them there.

u10062.png

Also, I discovered that if we leave the block from the north gate, we can go to the graveyard. :incline:

u10063.png

Another quest completed.

u10064.png

u10065.png

And a new quest.

u10066.png

Bee advanced to level 5, which allows her to cast level 3 spells. :yeah: Her new spell is Haste.

u10067.png

Grunker gained a mage level as well.

u10068.png

u10069.png

u10070.png

Elwro gained a thief level.

u10071.png

Oh, and the leather armor we found in the Kovel Mansion turned out to be +4. :yeah: This armor, along with the +2 shortsword, has brought major :incline: to Kezerilla. She might even be useful now!

DUNGEON MAPS

Kovel Mansion:
KOVEL.png

Some random thoughts:
The difficulty curve in this game is really quite strange. The slums is actually the hardest dungeon we've cleared. WTF?

The last few blocks have been popamole easy to our party despite the fact that their stats are far from good. I hope the game get tough again after this; I'm a bit bored at this point, to be honest.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Look at this man, Kezerilla. What you are now, he was once; what he is now, you soon will be. This is your fate, you destiny that was carved unto your very soul when your creator decided to make you a single-classed thief. And for this I pity you, Gimped One, I pity you still.
:) And for your next assignment (since you're complaining the game is getting too easy), play the game using a party of 6 single-classed thieves :D

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Fireball is usually the best spell for crowd control, but against magic resistant enemies or particularly nasty single monster Haste may be the best spell.
Personally I only use Haste in the most difficult combats since it ages the characters one year per casting.

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Temple of Bane & Valhingen Graveyard

Reload.

u11001.png

This time we shall explore the temple of Bane!

u11002.png

I hate all these fucking random encounters which pits you against 100 weak monsters who pose no threat, give no reward, and take forever to kill. I didn't even bother fighting them; I just restarted DOSBox.

u11003.png

The temple guards just let us in.

u11004.png

Our party found a trapdoor while they were searching the temple tile by tile.

u11005.png

u11006.png

For some reasons, I'm not as excited about the treasure as I should be.

u11007.png

Another trapdoor!

u11008.png

u11009.png

Yay, scrolls. Because you can never have too many scrolls.

u11010.png

And yet another trapdoor.

u11011.png

u11012.png

This one contains a lot of magical weapons.

u11013.png

Oh shit! The tightwad is back!

u11014.png

The leader of the assault force was a orc who wields a mace called Mace. Note that it's the orc who wields a mace rather than his mace that was called Mace.

u11015.png

This seems like a tough battle, so I had Bee cast Haste on the fighters.

u11016.png

Grunker throws a Stinking Cloud on Mace to shut him down.

u11017.png

Haste is an awesome mass-buffing spell that lowers both THAC0 and AC of the subject by 1 and sometimes grants him an additional attack.

u11018.png

In face, Haste is so awesome that it causes unnatural aging. :rage:

u11019.png

Procrastianna casts Prayer to buff us up even further.

u11020.png

Then Bee and Grunker started spamming Sleep. Sorry, game, throwing huge hordes of weak monsters against us won't work. We aren't level 1 anymore.

u11021.png

Procrastianna bashes open the skull of the orc who wields a mace called Mace with a mace.

u11022.png

Spamming Sleeps, murdering helpless orcs. Just like the old days.

u11023.png

Last orc down.

u11024.png

u11025.png

The orcs have left us with many equipments, but the only magical one among them is the mace of Mace, which was only +1.

u11026.png

Entry 25
An official-looking notice.
'The number of undead creeping out of the Valhingen Graveyard is increasing. These undead have disrupted training, destroyed property, and killed many of our troops. Patrols have been sent into the graveyard to reconnoiter and determine the source of the undead. None have returned. Under your responsibilities as a priest of Bane in the city, you must help combat the menace.
'Lead a group of acolytes into the graveyard with the purpose of discovering the source and leader of the undead. If your group can engage and defeat the leader, or destroy the source, do so. If your group is outmatched, return with your information so that we can form an assault group with clerics and troops. Upon completion of this mission you will be in line for promotion to the next higher rank in the hierarchy of the temple of Bane in Phlan.'
Signed
The Boss
So the undead were harassing the monsters as well as the citizens. Too bad we already know that. :M

u11027.png

Destroying the altar of some evil god of death seems like a really bad idea.

u11028.png

Which is precisely why we're doing it. :smug:

u11029.png

Back in the town, Bee scribes the Fireball spell into her spellbook.

u11030.png

We also identified the loots we found in the temple. The weapons were all +1 so we sold them. This wand and dust seems useful, thought, so we'll keep them.

u11031.png

No potato for us this time? :decline:

u11032.png

And look, a new proclamation!
CXIV
Be it known that the council is offering a special reward for the safe return of the heir to the House of Bivant. Said minor was carried off during a buccaneer attack on the merchant ship in which he was sailing. Apply to the council clerk for the council's commission and additional information as to the abduction.
:hmmm:

u11033.png

This update was going to end here, but I figured this update is too short. So... Valhingen Graveyard, here we come!

u11034.png

[OMINOUS THUNDER]
u11035.png

Man, the graphics in this game is surprisingly good. Look at all the details.

u11036.png

Skeletons are obnoxious to fight. We shall avoid them when we can.

u11037.png

But sometimes we don't even get the chance to run.

Skeletons have 5 HP an 7 AC. Despite that, they are actually pretty hard to kill, since they have resistance to both slashing and piercing damage. Blungeon weapons works just fine on them, but Procrastianna is the only party member with one. Fuck, I shouldn't have sold the magical mace and morningstar after all.

u11038.png

Another skeleton encounter.

u11039.png

Fuck you. I'm NOT going to spend another 20 minutes fighting skeletons.

u11040.png

u11041.png

Fireball does 1d6 points of damage for every caster level (save half). Bee's a level 5 mage, so her fireballs do 5d6 damage - enough to one-shot skeletons. The explosion radius is 2 squares outdoor and 3 squares indoor (graveyard counts as indoor). Really useful for clearing out many weak monsters.

u11042.png

Only 4 skeletons were standing after the Fireball. We killed them with ease.

u11043.png

I love this spell.

u11044.png

Well, time to have our mages re-memorize their level 1 spells since Sleep won't be useful against undeads. Grunker spent all his level 1 spellslots on Burning Hands; Bee memorized lots of Magic Missiles.

u11045.png

Back to the dungeon!

u11046.png

There weren't enough skeletons to warrant a Fireball.

u11047.png

So we test out the Magic Missile spell on them. :smug:

u11048.png

u11049.png

Zombies come in large number but are unremarkable otherwise. They're more of an annoyance than threat.

u11050.png

Shit, we have stepped into a trap!

u11051.png

A stair? I wonder where does it lead to...

u11052.png

Rather than attacking the ghost on sight, our party tried to talk with him.

u11053.png

u11054.png

Thankfully, the spectre missed his attack.

u11055.png

u11056.png

Graverobbing.

u11057.png

We found a giant skeleton in another building.

u11058.png

He was pretty weak, though.

u11059.png

Piss easy.

u11060.png

u11061.png

My god that's a lot of XP.

u11062.png

u11063.png

We found many jewels as well as some scrolls.

u11064.png

u11065.png

A fixed zombie fight.

u11066.png

u11067.png

Zombies are no match for us.

u11068.png

Alright, let's check out what the zombies were guarding...

u11069.png

Hah. We won't be wasting our surprise round this time.

u11070.png

u11071.png

One backstab from Kezerilla plus one strike from Magnus took him out.

u11072.png

More graverobbing.

u11073.png

Wights! Now this could be troublesome.

u11074.png

Ugh... Six wights. Nasty.

u11075.png

Turn undead works just fine on them, by the way.

u11076.png

Bee casts a Fireball to soften the wights a bit. Note that Procrastianna and Kezerilla were hit by the fireball too. If I had aimed the fireball at the square directly above the highlighted square in this screenshot, I could have avoided the friendly fire. Oh well, it's not like they can't survive that spell anyway.

u11077.png

Burn, fuckers.

u11078.png

I confess that it took me several reloads to kill the wights without being drained.

u11079.png

We were hit by a trap as we stepped into the tower.

u11080.png

Another spectre.

u11081.png

u11082.png

Surprise round. Gangrape. Graverobbing. You know the drills.

u11083.png

u11084.png

u11085.png

We literally had more money than we could carry at this point, so we went back to the town. Procrastianna, Kezerilla and our hireling are eligible for a level up. Note that Procrastianna has already hit the level cap - spellcasters can't go above level 6 in PoR.

u11086.png

Back to the graveyard.

u11087.png

You can't tell from this screenshot, but we actually had to fight TWO spectres in this fight. One of them won the initiative and drained Grunker before we could even act. Reload.

u11088.png

Procrastianna casts Prayer to make us harder to hit.

u11089.png

And Bee threw a Fireball. It would cauce friendly fire, but it's not like we had any choice. The only way to avoid being drained by spectres is to kill them ASAP.

Unfortunately, we couldn't kill them before they drained Magnus. Reload.

u11090.png

If we walk into the fight from a different direction we would start far away from the spectres, which means Bee can bombard them with Fireball without having to worry about friendly fire. :incline:

Still, we couldn't win the fight because getting hit even once by the spectres completely fucks up your XP. We need buffs, but we haven't memorized any. So we shall leave the wights as they are and explore elsewhere.

u11091.png

In another building we found a black coffin.

u11092.png

Well... Yes?

u11093.png

Entry 43
A loosely wrapped scroll.
'Aramalg-the-Good, paladin and brother of Taimalg-the-Invincible, and Sarasim of Teshwave, the high priestess of Sune, attacked the denizens of the Valhingen Graveyard with a holy vengeance. They came in search of Taimalg and his mercenary band, who assaulted the graveyard and did not return.
'Sarasim used her holy power to dissipate and turn the undead that confronted them. Aramalg wielded his vorpal sword and slew the few that fought her power.
'Together, Aramalg and Sarasim penetrated the graveyard to an evil marble crypt. They found and splintered an empty coffin, blessing the remains and sprinkling it with holy water. Then they confronted the owner of the coffin, a creature of great evil and the leader of the undead in Valhingen, an ancient vampire. The three began a furious melee.
'The vampire was swayed by Aramalg and Sarasim's power, but would not be turned. The vampire shouted, 'I have defeated Taimalg and his warriors, I will defeat the brother of Taimalg as well!'
'The vampire summoned an army of rats and tried to charm Saramis to his side, but to no avail. Sarasim resisted his charm and Aramalg charged through the massed vermin. The vampire fell before the mighty blows of Aramalg's holy sword and Sarasim's enchanted mace.
'Defeated, the ancient vampire dissolved into gas and fled to his coffin. Finding the coffin destroyed he returned to solid form and screamed. Seizing the moment Aramalg grabbed the vampire and held him with all of his strength. Sarasim ran up and drove an oaken stake through the vampire's heart.
'Aramalg and Sarasim performed the proper rituals to banish the vampire forever. Then, wounded, Aramalg and Sarasim left Valhigen Graveyard. It was beyond their power to completely cleanse the evil place, but they had extracted proper vengeance for the death of Tiamalg and his troops.'
Apparently, the vampire has returned. Who wrote this scroll and who put it here, anyway?

u11094.png

No. Not now. We aren't really ready to confront the vampire now.

u11095.png

Wandering around, we ran into a zombie fight.

u11096.png

That's a lot of zombies.

u11097.png

Fireball will take care of them.

u11098.png

u11099.png

u11100.png

Also, it turns out that at level 6, Procrastianna can outright destroy weak undead like zombies with her turn undead ability. I have just wasted a Fireball. :sad:

u11101.png

u11102.png

u11103.png

This guy doesn't seem strong.

u11104.png

Mostly because he wasn't.

u11105.png

u11106.png

Loots!

u11107.png

u11108.png

The wand was a Wand of Lightning Bolts. Nice!

u11109.png

We ran into some mummies in another building.

u11110.png

Mummies are fairly strong, and there's 3 of them.

u11111.png

They also disease you on a hit. Thankfully, being diseased isn't nearly as bad as being drained/paralyzed/poisoned.

u11112.png

It took a while, and they managed to wound us quite a bit, but we stand victorious.

u11113.png

The mummies gave good XP. No loots though.

u11114.png

Procrastianna cures our disease.

u11115.png

u11116.png

Okay, now is time to kill those two spectres. We buff ourselves before the battle starts. Procrastianna casts Bless on the party and Protection From Evil on the fighters. Grunker casts Strength and Enlarge to boost their strength. (Enlarge in particular sets the subject's strength score to 18/76, which is really nice.)

Our characters are as buffed as possible. If this won't let us win the fight, nothing will.

u11117.png

:mob:

u11118.png

Bee won the initiative. A good start!

u11119.png

They were half dead after the Fireball, and our AC were so low that they couldn't hit us. :smug:

u11120.png

u11121.png

In the building which the spectres were guarding someone spoke to our party.

u11122.png

He gave us phat l00t. :yeah:

u11123.png

Nice!

u11124.png

We ran into this dude while we were wandering around.

u11125.png

u11126.png

He seems suspicious, but we let him join nonetheless.

u11127.png

He turned out to be a level 6 mage. :incline:

u11128.png

Man, I wish I have control over this guy.

u11129.png

u11130.png

u11131.png

No.

u11132.png

Oh god not wights

u11133.png

This fight pits us against four wights, a mummy and many zombies. The mummy's aura of fear means everyone must make a saving throw at the beginning of fight or be paralyzed. In our previous encounter with mummies everyone made the saving throw. This time, however, both Grunker and Magnus failed the throw. Oh, and did I mention that the level 6 mage has turned on us?
Reload.

u11134.png

I have noticed a strange thing. The level 6 mage's name was displayed in yellow. Which means... He's HOSTILE.
Fucker's a popamole!

u11135.png

Fuck off before we chop your head off and take a dump in your fucking mouth!

u11136.png

We went back to the town to identify some stuff. The plate mail is +2 and goes to Elwro. The ring is a Ring of Fire Resistance. The longsword is odd; it's +2, but when we attempt to wield it it damages the wielder. WTF? Maybe it can only be used by characters of certain alignments. Magnus couldn't wield it despite being Neutral Good. Either it's only usable by Lawful Good characters or the spirit was just trolling us.

u11137.png

Back to the dungeon! The coffin was empty; we shall sanctify it.

u11138.png

A secret door let us enter a small 1x2 room in the northeast corner of map. I don't know where the stairs leads to; we didn't go down the first time and when we come back later, it isn't there anymore. :retarded:

u11139.png

Then we turn around and meet the vampire!

u11140.png

The vampire has many HP and low AC. He can "gaze" (to charm) a character and make an attack in every turn. Thankfully, Magnus made the saving throw and the vampire missed his attack.

What the hell are the wolves doing here, anyway? The last time I checked, a wolf is not a rat.

u11141.png

In the second round, the vampire managed to charm Procrastianna but still couldn't hit us.

u11142.png

Bee finishes him off with a Magic Missile. Procrastianna is still charmed, so we had to beat her up.

u11143.png

That's it? The ancient vampire, the master of Valhingen Graveyard, died without even hitting us ONCE?

Did we luck out or he's really supposed to be that wimpy?

u11144.png

Oh. So he's not destroyed after all... Let's to back to check that coffin.

u11145.png

Found you!

u11146.png

He's much more frail this time, and dosen't come with any minions.

u11147.png

I don't think he even got the chance to act.

u11148.png

Okay. Now he is really destroyed.

With the vampire being dead, all other undead in the graveyard return to their graves. We came back later to fight the "spirits who have fought the dragons" only to find out they aren't there anymore. Bummers.

u11149.png

u11150.png

Time to collect our reward.

u11151.png

u11152.png

We really have too much money at this point.

u11153.png

u11154.png

Grunker and Bee both gained a mage level. Their new spells are Slow and Protection From Normal Missiles, respectively.

u11155.png

u11156.png

Kezerilla and Elwro gained a thief level as well.

u11157.png

u11158.png

Bee has finally hit the level cap.

DUNGEON MAPS

Temple of Bane:
BANE.png

Valhingen Graveyard:
GRAVEYARD.png

octavius

Arcane
Patron
"I confess that it took me several reloads to kill the wights without being drained."

Pfffff! Reloading is for amateurs. What do you think all those Restoration scrolls were for?
Besides most of your characters (at least those worth transfering to Curse of Azure Bonds) have probably reached the level cap now, and you are still not halfway in the game. In CoAB new characters start with a measly 25,000 XP.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
This is still not halfway through? And level caps already? Game starts looking a bit tedious, frankly, I think right now I prefer reading about it to playing it :D Congrats on the progress!

Luzur

Good Sir
i usually hit the graveyard at lower levels, so the vampire is supposed to be tougher (to low level party that is).

also i usually hit level cap around the Castle or main square/auction, but then again i tend to vacuum maps of enemies before leaving.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
i usually hit the graveyard at lower levels, so the vampire is supposed to be tougher (to low level party that is).

To me the Graveyard is usually the penultimate area, for various reasons.
Since this is a blind LP and, unless all that wanking reading in low light has diminished my eye sight, I can't see any spoiler tags anymore, so I won't mention them.

Luzur

Good Sir
spoiler tags? why should i use those, everyone here (well except you i guess) have played the game and you are about to hit the palces i mentioned anyway, so its not that far off.

besides you can go there right now if you are brave, and there are alot more places to visit on the map.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
spoiler tags? why should i use those, everyone here (well except you i guess) have played the game and you are about to hit the palces i mentioned anyway, so its not that far off.

besides you can go there right now if you are brave, and there are alot more places to visit on the map.

Huh? o_O

octavius

Arcane
Patron
well you talked about spoiler tags so i thought i spoiled some surprise`s for you?

You completely misundertood. I didn't want to spoil anything for Monstrous Bat, but I can't find a way to make spoiler tags after the forum was upgraded. And I've notice that spoiler tags from old messages are no longer working.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom