Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blobber forum? (lol jRPG's)

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i approve of blobber section. that section would automatically include almost every sub-genre of dungeon crawler and pretty much every single non-story focused rpg and instead include only rpg's that feature good gameplay.

Infinitron Crooked Bee
i also wish to moderate this forum and will post daily on it and make compilation threads until the end of time. where do i petition this i assume spamming DU with a conversation about this would not be productive. if this happens i will educate myself on real-time blobbers as well to better contribute.

BBMorti

Arcane
Being bloated sucks. Your clothes fit weird, you feel sluggish, and someone may or may not think you're about three months preggo.

Avoid health blobbers wherever you see them

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Just make a blobber prefix and put it on every blobber thread.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
wow first infinitron post i've ever read that i think is genuine; every post he makes is just some informal click-bait-ish "news post" (as if posting a link to an interview with witcher devs is fucking news) where he tries to entices the codexer into clicking with some kotaku-ish final line that usually ends in a question mark (ex. let's find out what he has to say! or ...will goku survive?).

i think with this post infinitron has finally let his human side come out for a little bit and although he still feels too defensive and caged by the totalitarian regime of this place he felt the need to place a parrot emoji at the end to frame his completely true and 100% personal admission from him statement in an ironical way; i still give him props for it.

good job infinitron.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
btw, if a blobber sub-forum is made even if i'm not made a mod of it i'll still only post in that so for those who for whatever reason want me to like, not post and shit, that would make a great prosper-land for me :parrot:

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
and also jaesun is 100% right: i don't own any consoles my only console is the PC and i play as many blobbers as i can not remove from inventory. good thing PC = logically and automatically includes every emulator ever made and will be made in the future and therefore PC = includes any and every console game.

i completely agree jaesun! pc only!

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
eqYEprl.png

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Blobbers is like pure water, only 'containing' H2O without any of the minerals. It might satiate thirst but it tastes bland and water with mineral(other component that make rpg) is healthier. :smug:

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Would the new Bard's Tale 4 go in the blobber subforum then, or in the InXile? Or would it depend on whether a BT4 thread is more focused on the fact that the game is a blobber or that the game is made by InXile.
I think we should have a dedicated blobber subforum. And another dedicated blobber subforum for each developer subforum.

Is there even a widely-accepted definition of blobber? Are games like the Gold Boxex, Lords of Xulima, Dark Heart of Uukrul, The Quest, Realms of Arkania,... blobbers, too?

k0syak

Cipher
Is there even a widely-accepted definition of blobber? Are games like the Gold Boxex, Lords of Xulima, Dark Heart of Uukrul, The Quest, Realms of Arkania,... blobbers, too?

You are not welcome in the blobber subforum.

DraQ

Arcane
Is there even a widely-accepted definition of blobber?
You directly control a party of multiple characters moving together in first person view - in and out of combat.
Are games like the Gold Boxex, Lords of Xulima, Dark Heart of Uukrul, The Quest, Realms of Arkania,... blobbers, too?
42449-realms-of-arkania-blade-of-destiny-dos-screenshot-and-isometric.gif

Pictured: Not a multi-limbed blob entity.

Last edited:

Llama-Yak Hybrid

Wild Sheep
Dumbfuck
We're suffering from too many subforums in GRPG section already.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom