Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blobber Recs

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
Turn-based blobbers >>> real-time blobbers.

The best real-time blobbers are Eye of the Beholder 1 and 2, Grimrock 2, Lands of Lore and Dungeon Master. None of them really require dancing around like in Grimrock 1 or Vaporum.

An almost complete list of turn-based blobbers and a vote on the best ones from last year:
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...-based-blobbers-of-all-time-non-anime.129064/

Same for real-time blobbers:
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/codex-vote-best-real-time-blobbers-of-all-time-non-anime.129091/

And tactical combat blobber-hybrids:
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/codex-vote-best-tactical-combat-blobbers-of-all-time.129420/

Thank you! I'm gonna push through V:L because a friend bought it for me, but fuck this game

Nah I give up. Maybe in a year when someone has a full step by step guide for the game, but I cannot, I simply cannot do this any further.
There's so reason to play this game unless you like puzzles. The entire game is a collection of fairly boring combat and tiresome, uninteresting puzzles. I have spent the last 3 hours of the game using a guide and following it rote and it just kind of hit me that I haven't actually been playing a game, just doing a "follow the numbers" thing with the game. This isn't a fun, well-made, or even interesting game. The combat is boring and involves an idiotic "dance" around the enemies, the story's presentation is terrible, with knockoff SHODAN and some of the worst voice acting I've ever seen. After 11 hours I just say no. What finally killed it for me was how opening each door doesn't lead to the wonder of exploration or the interest of discovery, just yet another tedious (and every puzzle is extremely tedious) puzzle room with nothing new in it.
Players should not be sighing in disgust when they open a new door in a dungeon and see what nightmare you have laid out for them, just saying. Easily one of the worst video games I've played this year, and I find that impressive: they managed to put every single thing I absolutely ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ hate in a video game into a single, unimpressive and hateful package. Bravo!

It's almost whiplash coming from Amberland, which was quick in its movement and chill on the puzzles. Kick down the door, smash the place up, and steal all the shit. Back to town, level up, and off to find the next hidey-hole of greenskin shits to slaughter. This is just boring as all hell

Butter

Arcane
Patron

Tell me this doesn't make you want to jump in and see if a baby can fly.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist

Tell me this doesn't make you want to jump in and see if a baby can fly.

what part of 'shorter' games makes you people go "install the longest and most challenging and slowest paced games and give them a whirl, my dude!!!"

NerevarineKing

Learned
I feel like Elminage Original is actuallly a really beginner-friendly blobber. It has an easy to understand structure and isn't as punishing as some other blobbers out there. It's easily available on Steam, but you can also play the 3DS/PSP versions if you want.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom