Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blood Bowl 2

i don't want a long campaign, i want a modern m.u.d.s. ._. guess i'm never going to see it.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Codex released the game already, thus you can post your experience. And boycott the company until they release all races.

You know, I was actually about to download it when I saw it on trackers, but then I thought, what's the point if I already have the original BB with a quadrillion more races. It's not even worth pirating.

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
You know, I was actually about to download it when I saw it on trackers, but then I thought, what's the point if I already have the original BB with a quadrillion more races. It's not even worth pirating.

Exactly my sentiment and why I got a refund after trying to early beta. I have no fucking clue why anyone on earth would wake up one day and go : "hey, let's remake BB1, but worst, and call it BB2".

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Actually there is even freeware client that can be used to play online.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Because bb1 servers will be closed soon so you will all have to go to bb2 anyway.

and in fumbbl there are 20 players online at same time, and with its shitty match making mechanics you have to wait for 2 hours to get a match.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Atleast Cyanide is not releasing the same game every year like FIFA and PES. It's been 6 years since BB 1, if someone cannot pay 20$ once every 6 years and complains about this he is a wanker.

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
Atleast Cyanide is not releasing the same game every year like FIFA and PES. It's been 6 years since BB 1, if someone cannot pay 20$ once every 6 years and complains about this he is a wanker.

While I don't buy them, FIFA/PES games usually include some sort of upgrades/changes/new mechanic as well as roster stuff.

Blood Bowl is pretty much set in stone, it's chess evolved, that's it. The only thing you can "improve" is interface, visuals, league management and AI. It's not about cash, I had it pre ordered and explained why I didn't even care about DLCs. It's just worst in every way to BB1 and the visuals, while interesting, do not justify sucking up to everything else that is worst or just fucked up.

I'll keep an eye on it though, in case they really put the work into improving thing, but I doubt it, they just do not understand I think.

GrainWetski

Arcane
At least they usually don't remove teams and somehow make the UI worse in sports sequels.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
At least they usually don't remove teams and somehow make the UI worse in sports sequels.

because in sports games like Fifa you have 1 team and the rest are just 1000 reskins with same mechanics, and Fifa is reusing the same engine assets from 15 years ago. In a game like blood bowl they have to code specific skills for specific races, not to mention team values, star players etc etc. They created a new engine and had to make everything from scratch.
Also it's not true that they are not removing stuff. PES newest editions have far less stadiums that they had 5 years ago for example.
It's much more work than in a 'normal' sport game, not that i am defending cyanide.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
shill-card.png

eklektyk

Erudite
so general codex consensus >tm< is to wait for GOTY version ? shame i wanted to play some online matches with u guys ... maybe ...

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
bb2 already got a higher player base = less waiting for a game.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
bb2 already got a higher player base = less waiting for a game.
This is true. There's like 10 times as many bb2 players.

Thus proving that people in general have incredibly shit taste.

eklektyk
I suspect the codex coaches will move onto bb2 at some point, just don't expect it to be this year. Probably not next year either unless cyanide is exceptionally fast with dropping the price and putting out new teams. Because at some point bb2 will likely be superior to chaos edition. But currently it's not even close.

They haven't even implemented all the skills.

eklektyk

Erudite
welli got i think legendry ed not complete chaos one and net code ib bb1 sucks ass so i need to wait it seems - oh well i got many games and little time anyways so no problem with ocupying it elsewere

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
lizardmen and wood elves are already in the game. There are 20,000 teams registered in the official league.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So how many dexers got it ? enough for a league?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom