Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Blood Bowl 2

Discussion in 'Tactical Gaming' started by Jaedar, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Modron Arcane

Modron
    Still better than releasing chaos edition without a means of upgrading legendary to it besides buying the whole game again for a couple races (albeit at size-able discount, that just wasn't large enough to justify the purchase).

^ Top  
  2. rashiakas Cipher Patron

rashiakas
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Wood Elves and Lizardmen are not included, right? So thats another 14 € if you want the complete game. Doesn't look like a better deal to me.

^ Top  
  3. vonAchdorf Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

vonAchdorf
    They were free until like 2 weeks ago. But it looks like the "free races" DLC decision was made after they switched them to a for sale option.

^ Top  
  4. Zombra An iron rock in the river of blood and evil Patron

Zombra
    Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
    Not intended as applause, just an acknowledgement that while they did it in a bad way, they didn't do it in the worst possible way as it first appeared they would.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. eklektyk Erudite

eklektyk
    i only ever wanted kkkaos and lizzies so im good ... :)

^ Top  
  6. mutonizer Arcane Patron

mutonizer
    Just an update since I grabbed the game again and a lot of the problems have been updated/solved since release.
    - Inducements make sense now (can see enemy team and their inducement).
    - You can see names, position and all skills on the field with a quick key press (CTRL by default).
    - The board grid appears when needed (overall).
    - Couple fucked up skills were fixed/implemented. I believe there is one still missing but didn't experience it and couldn't find the reference anywhere. Overall seems to work as intended. I somehow also managed to "have the option to use a skill" during play (Dodge) but again, can't find out how again yet.
    - Each player now has a personal stat page with all yards run, passes, KO, etc. That's pretty cool.
    EDIT:
    - Camera replays can be set to "only when blocks go through armor", which makes it fun.
    - Players now teleport instead of running when setting up defenses and attacks formations.

I've been in a solo "Old World" League (4 divisions of 10 teams each, 2 promotions/demotion per season, best of each go into Blood Bowl cup each season) and almost done with first season. I spent hundred hours in solo campaign back in BB one and that's part of the interest for me (other is online league of course, but I can only "tolerate" one or two vs human games a week, if that). Results of all games can be reviewed and make some kind of sense. Teams and players seem properly tracked and while they started "basic" (as in, averaged TV based on their starting division), they are all evolving nicely. Being able to see every single stat for every AI team and AI player is kind cool, though that's probably just for me :)

The AI is...lacking a sense of context here and there, same issue as BB1. It's a bit better I'd say, but just average overall. Good enough for me though a bit more "focus", especially on scoring (or whatever their goal is) would be nice.
    Mult is multi, it does what it does I guess.

As a note:
    - It's on xmas sale on Steam
    - Norse (eta end of february), Undead, Nurgle & Necromatic DLCs will be free if you own the game before they are released.

Overall, I'm having fun, like BB1, just an updated, bit more polished fun.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. sser Arcane Cuck Developer

sser
    Friend gifted this to me.

I'm having a good time with this game. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing - never played BB much, my sense of strategy is slowly growing, but if I run into experienced players I get BTFO. My win rate is about 50/50 which I guess is alright for a scrub facing what I assume are mostly other scrubs.

One thing I like is that the game is just more readable and user friendly than the first. BB has a lot of rules in play that can be overwhelming for noobs so it's nice to have some of the QoL stuff in there.

^ Top  
  8. Lagole Gon Arcane Patron

Lagole Gon
    Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I've bought it. It's really cheap in potato.

After initial gruesome failures I'm having a good time with the skaven. Nuffle has been kind to me.
    (Side note - rat ogre sucks)

Maybe we should make a codexian league after the 4 free DLCs.

^ Top  
  9. Lagole Gon Arcane Patron

Lagole Gon
    Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Well, I think I have enough Blood Bowl 2 for now. MY Skaven team is has so many +stats that I'm afraid to use this wonderful lucky jewel.

And there's my Bretonnian roleplaying team - Blitzer with Sure Hands, Fend, Dodge and Side Step (+ his base Block, Catch, Dauntless). The ultimate troll ball carrier.

^ Top  
  10. vonAchdorf Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

vonAchdorf
    The free ("Founders Incentive") Norse DLC is now available:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. mutonizer Arcane Patron

mutonizer
    They look decent if a bit goofy, especially Runners with some of the funky jersey colors...
    Only 9 heads for the humans (same for all 4 human types), 2 per the others. I usually go full human before adding more special positionals so it's annoying there's not enough heads for that least.
    No new Norse stadium type apparently either.
    Didn't notice any obvious stat/price changes though didn't play with them nor looked very closely yet.

^ Top  
  12. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    60 % off on steam and norse are also released.

^ Top  
  13. Gurkog Erudite

Gurkog
    Project: Eternity
    Just bought and installed it.

First online game my opponent disconnects on turn 4 when i steal the ball. Second opponent quits on turn 4 when I steal the ball. If this shit continues, I won't bother playing.

^ Top  
  14. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    ^^ Shit like that is why FUMBBL is superiour. Their zero tolerance stance to leaving matches.

^ Top  
  15. DakaSha II Prospernaut

DakaSha II
    FUMBBL is superior in every single way except maybe matchmaking. not even sure thats better in the shit version.

^ Top  
  16. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    in fumbbl people can concede also, the same as in BB2

^ Top  
  17. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    In theory. In practice I can only lol. The playerbase is dead. Orca Cola in BB1 is a flowering community in comparison.

^ Top  
  18. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    The difference is not what you can do, but what the community does.

When you move away from the niche and try to become mainstream, expect to attract subhuman scum. Doesn't help that the tutorial in bb2 teaches you that surrender at the first sign of trouble is a ok move.

^ Top  
  19. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    If they do though, their team gets 0 cash, 0 vp and they keep their injuries. Also mandatory fan factor loss. Less incentive then faking a disconnection in Cyanidebowl.

^ Top  
  20. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    Eh... firstly, this is exactly the same in both incarnations of Cyanide, so your point is hard to decipher if you even have one, and secondly, fan factor loss is a nearly strictly positive in LRB6.

^ Top  
  21. Gurkog Erudite

Gurkog
    Project: Eternity
    so far 5-0

Everyone either concedes or disconnects, even the last where the team had 500 value higher than me. He was so fixated on trying to injure my guys that i was able to blitz his carrier and run off with the ball. Dumbass conceded right after that. At least it saves me from having my entire team injured or dead.

^ Top  
  22. Zombra An iron rock in the river of blood and evil Patron

Zombra
    Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
    Geez, conceding against overwhelming defeat I can understand, but after one bad play? What's wrong with these asses?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    I do it for two reasons:

1) Bump up TV for a league req.

2) Training new formations with teams.

^ Top  
  24. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    So codex league when ?

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.