Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blood Bowl 2

sser

Arcane
Developer
Well.

Next week.

SOMEONE'S 0 HAS GOT TO GO.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't really play anymore, but I've stumbled upon some news.

Some unfinished Khorne files appeared in the game files. Blood Bowl 2 Chaos Edition incoming?

sser

Arcane
Developer
I don't really play anymore, but I've stumbled upon some news.

Some unfinished Khorne files appeared in the game files. Blood Bowl 2 Chaos Edition incoming?

Looks like it - the artwork has been in the game for awhile , but a recent update put the actual team in, there's just no models or animations but they're there.

Maybe there's a greater than zero chance after all to eventually get that decent single-player Blood Bowl.

Blood Bowl: A New Board Game Challengeand Competition for AI

Abstract—We propose the popular board game Blood Bowlas a new challenge for Artificial Intelligence (AI). Blood Bowlis a fully-observable, stochastic, turn-based, modern-style boardgame with a grid-based game board. At first sight, the gameought to be approachable by numerous game-playing algorithms.However, as all pieces on the board belonging to a player can bemoved several times each turn, theturn-wisebranching factorbecomes overwhelming for traditional algorithms. Additionally,scoring points in the game is rare and difficult, which makes ithard to design heuristics for search algorithms or apply rein-forcement learning. We present the Fantasy Football AI (FFAI)framework that implements the core rules of Blood Bowl andincludes a forward model, several OpenAI Gym environments forreinforcement learning, competition functionalities, and a webapplication that allows for human play. We also present BotBowl I, the first AI competition that will use FFAI along withbaseline agents and preliminary reinforcement learning results.Additionally, we present a wealth of opportunities for future AIcompetitions based on FFAI

Zanzoken

Arcane
I just picked up BB2 Legendary Edition for $9 in this weekend's sale. I suck something fierce but it's a lot of fun.

Anyone else still a fan of Blood Bowl? I am pretty impressed by how clever it is (the game itself, not so much the video game adaptations).

boot

Prophet
I just picked up BB2 Legendary Edition for $9 in this weekend's sale. I suck something fierce but it's a lot of fun.

Anyone else still a fan of Blood Bowl? I am pretty impressed by how clever it is (the game itself, not so much the video game adaptations).

I really like it, used to play on fumbbl. I remember naming a yeti on my Norse team after an ISIS executioner, and after a really close game with this Dark Elf player he said he was going to report me.

Zanzoken

Arcane
I have just played a few games against the AI so far. I absolutely love the High Elves and trying to set up long passing plays. Probably not the best strategy but it's so satisfying to plan a deep ball over several turns and have it connect for a score.

They don't seem bad on defense either if you use them right. Orcs knock them on their asses almost every time, but elf players agility means I can dodge out of their tackle zones pretty reliably. So I stall, stall, stall, and try to angle for a hit on the ball carrier.

Such a neat concept for a game, and well-executed.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
High elves have the best passing in the game probably combined with decent armor but no tree.
Wood elves have great speed but less armor and come with a tree.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
blood bowl is a game that nowadays i'd rather appreciate from afar

the blood pressure spikes are real

Zanzoken

Arcane
[Pro Elves] are the cheapest of the four elven races that are available to play. Their biggest feather in their cap is their Catchers. They are by far the best Catcher in the game, being fast, average strength and starting with Nerves Of Steel. Their ability to catch a ball in heavy traffic makes the team very hard to defend against.

:shredder:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
[Pro Elves] are the cheapest of the four elven races that are available to play. Their biggest feather in their cap is their Catchers. They are by far the best Catcher in the game, being fast, average strength and starting with Nerves Of Steel. Their ability to catch a ball in heavy traffic makes the team very hard to defend against.

:shredder:

What this description doesn't mention is that your amazing av7 catchers are all going to be long dead before you give them any sort of development, and even if they aren't, you will spend every match with just 4 dudes on the field past turn 3 because all your useless fucking linos will have been hurt or knocked out by that point :negative:

(pro elves have the most terrible linos in the game - AUTHENTIC TRUE FACT)

boot

Prophet
I played pro elves mainly. Tried many different styles of running Pro Elf, but my longest running and most stable gave no fucks about casualties, because the bench was full. Best way to start might be with nearly all linemen, slowly adding positionals. Really need to start with both blitzers though. Passers are great value, costing only 10k more than a lineman.
  • 8 Lineman
  • 2 Blitzer
  • 1 Catcher
  • 3 Rerolls
  • Apothecary
Total 1000k

this is probably the most solid start if you intend on keeping a pro elf team running for a long time, early games will be rough but you can win with just your lineman

can also do

• 6 Lineman
  • 1 Thrower
  • 2 Blitzer
  • 2 Catcher
  • 2 Rerolls
  • Apothecary

taking leader on the thrower would be a priority. Pro Elves burn through rerolls early on without dodge

Last edited:

Zanzoken

Arcane
Gah some people are so good at painting. I remember when I was a kid, me and my cousin tried to paint some Warhammer Fantasy miniatures and that shit is not easy.
IMG_8791.JPG

vonAchdorf

Arcane
It's not so hard if you learn some basic tricks. Today you can watch Youtube videos, in my time, I had to read the White Dwarf (I never went & painted in a store).

desocupado

Magister
Hmm. I would be up for some BB, I think, but I gotta buy it first.

It's still the same "buy game, get a couple or races, get the rest via dlc" bullshit as before?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom