Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blood Bowl 2

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
http://www.bloodbowl-game.com

So I happened upon a link to a blood bowl 2 preview http://www.jeuxvideoandco.com/actus/2014/01/15/preview-bloodblowl-2/, curious I decided to check the google translation:
In its release, the game will feature no less than 8 races and five different types of stages . Knowing that the stages can be upgraded 3 times , it leaves a lot of room for maneuver .
Not sure if bad translation or not, but it's pretty pathetic either way. No idea what they mean about the stages.

But fear not fellow bowlers, because there'll be an EPIC and emotionally engaging campaign mode this time!
A brand new campaign mode will also be taking part with a scripted progression for more epic matches . Play the role of the Reikland Rivers , a prestigious team of the universe Blood Bowl. The story is completely linear and allow you to familiarize yourself with the many rules of the sport. We did not get to see more of that side , but we were promised a completely crossed scenario where more than the fate of our team, the fate of the entire galaxy is in our hands ... We look forward to seeing it anyway![/qoute]

tl:dr blood bowl 2 confirmed for shit

Last edited by a moderator:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
All I want to know is:

1) Does it fix Blood Bowl 1 issues? - most importantly the need to open ports, the bugs and the UI

2) Does it launch with all teams playable?

Otherwise, it is a useless piece of software.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Found another preview http://www.gamekult.com/actu/zoom-blood-bowl-ii-A128505.html
Cyanide Studio wants concise this time and we offer much less cluttered menus that go to the essentials. Record each player is suddenly much better arranged , providing direct insight necessary statistics without drowning the user in an avalanche of unnecessary information . Simulated cards Panini version of Blood Bowl has even been incorporated into the game to represent each star in a very visual way , involving all key skills in a single block identifiable at a glance .

discovering the game for the first time , it was childish for playing Blood Bowl to identify a human Blitzer , stats and skills ( Tackle, Mighty Blow, Piling On and other attributes subtle guy ) without having to read a single line of text.
Readding is teh hard.

it is difficult to talk about an adaptation of Blood Bowl Cyanide Studio signed without questioning the actual playable teams output. It has already been promised eight playable outset races: Humans, Orcs, High Elves , Dark Elves , Dwarfs, Skaven , Chaos but also all new Bretonnian .
Wowowow, so exciting.
2) Does it launch with all teams playable?

I'd be fine with legendary/chaos edition teams and bugfixes really.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

That's what I meant with all teams. From what I've seen, it seems they will launch with 8 races... again. Yep.

If that's the case, no fucking way am I going to give even a cent to that shit.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron

That's what I meant with all teams. From what I've seen, it seems they will launch with 8 races... again. Yep.

If that's the case, no fucking way am I going to give even a cent to that shit.
Maybe in 4 years when there's a gold edition on sale with all the DLC for 80% off.

Eyeball

Arcane
Only one question needs answering: Is the AI less terrible now?

If no, most unecessary sequel ever.

blood bowl can't really be improved because teams and skills are there. it could be fixed.
so at best bb2 is a patch.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So basically, BB2 will be a downgrade of BB:Chaos Edition? How is it supposed to make sense?
I mean, unless they pull the plug off BB1 multiplayer...

Stompa

Arcane
If they shut down the servers of BB1, then it's FUMBBL time all the way until BB2 roster grows back to the same size.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
A shameless cashgrab. If at least they got with the times and didn't look like shit this time... God, Cyanide is such a shitty company

Eyeball

Arcane
BB1 looked just fine, really. Add some AI, an option to speed up the player movement better than holding the +key in BB1 and more of that awesome Jim & Bob commentary and it would be a 1DP for me. As it is, they're gonna bollocks it up.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
How people can stand cyanides UI is beyond me. Sure, fumbbl has less lens flares and canned AAAwesome throwing animations. But at least I won't have to fiddle with the camera every turn to see the entire pitch at a sensible angle.

From the look of it, BB2 is a reskin of BB1. And you know you're not going to get the new races as DLC either, but as re-releases of the core game at full price with 1-2 additional races added. You won't have the full roster until you have bought the game seven times.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Have a screenshot codex
Ia3hwee.jpg

Onyxme

Novice
At least they did away with the awful UI of the previous installment, still does not nearly make it worth a buy yet.

Garm

Learned
Meh. A shiny new UI won't make up for the bullshit they're trying to pull again by only releasing like 8 teams and then doing DLC later for the rest.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron

They really fucked up the voices :/

Also, who is Andy Hall? Apparently it's a Big Deal that he's on the devteam.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

They really fucked up the voices :/

Also, who is Andy Hall? Apparently it's a Big Deal that he's on the devteam.

welcome to a reskinned blood bowl where you can pay for the same teams three times all over again

Modron

Arcane
But but, we've already done that.... (to be honest I only did that twice, since there was no upgrade to CE from LE, like there was from Vanilla to LE).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom