Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blood Bowl 2

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Maybe the 3rd standalone of Blood Bowl 3 will be as good as Javabowl feature and ui wise... We can only hope.

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture

Misconnected

Savant
I'd be fine with this if it had a decent GUI (those funky little icons better have some tooltips), had decent netcode, had decent ladder, league & team functionality, had decent AI, and if they sold LRB updates, stadiums and teams as reasonably priced DLC instead of re-launching the entire game at full price every time they add anything.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'd be fine with this if it had a decent GUI (those funky little icons better have some tooltips), had decent netcode, had decent ladder, league & team functionality, had decent AI, and if they sold LRB updates, stadiums and teams as reasonably priced DLC instead of re-launching the entire game at full price every time they add anything.
They will likely use the same dlc model as dungeonbowl, ie 5 dollars per race or so.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Well, it does look good. And I would probably pay for graphical update alone. Stupid, I know.

Are you serious? It's barely an update and you're willing to PAY for the priviledge of going through that again: starting with 8 teams, paying for more, waiting for skills to work properly, the whole shebang?

What's the Codex about to you if not the condemnation of that kind of blindness, Mico?

I mean, sure, I get guilty pleasures, hell, I even get stupid purchases. But this, this is you straight up saying you don't care that it has less of everything except a slight technical update, and you're going to go through the entire process anew?

Only way I'm paying for this is - bare fucking minimum - that it has the same content as Chaos Edition and UI and connection improvements. I think even that is asking for extremely little.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, it does look good. And I would probably pay for graphical update alone. Stupid, I know.

Are you serious? It's barely an update and you're willing to PAY for the priviledge of going through that again: starting with 8 teams, paying for more, waiting for skills to work properly, the whole shebang?

What's the Codex about to you if not the condemnation of that kind of blindness, Mico?

I mean, sure, I get guilty pleasures, hell, I even get stupid purchases. But this, this is you straight up saying you don't care that it has less of everything except a slight technical update, and you're going to go through the entire process anew?

Only way I'm paying for this is - bare fucking minimum - that it has the same content as Chaos Edition and UI and connection improvements. I think even that is asking for extremely little.
Who said anything about 8 teams? I have Legendary Edition and would pay for a graphics update on that. Vanilla Cyanide Blood Bowl was never worth it and I pity the fools who bought it. Chaos Edition was only worth the money it as a standalone, upgrading from Legendary was too expensive for the relatively small improvement.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Chaos Edition was only worth the money it as a standalone, upgrading from Legendary was too expensive for the relatively small improvement.

It's only 10 bucks if you own Legendary, though!
Actually, I can buy it for $8 regardless of owning LE or not. Still not sure I would, even if I had time to play Blood Bowl nowadays. And that's coming from someone whose favourite team is Underworld.

Modron

Arcane
Yeah, they should really a dlc upgrade from LE to CE or at least have that 75% off for LE owner stack with other sales; too much money for too little content don't see myself getting CE unless they throw it in a decent bundle.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Anyone remember the first's console port? It was unplayable.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Even FIFA series doesn't take away leagues and offer every updated roster for yearly releases.
So yeah, see you in 3 years.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
They are making it on a new engine, hopefully this time it will be without bugs thanks to money from BB 1, and they are making it only turn based.
Besides the first 8 races have dwarves, who needs anything else than dwarves?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
D0rfs are literally the single-most boring race to play against. (Until everyone has 3+ skills on your team, then orcs take over as single-most boring).

And the devs have yet to make a game that wasn't riddled with bugs. I see no reason BB2 should be any different. IT's not so much a money issue as an incompetent programmer and lack of QA issue.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
d0rfs are the best :incline:

kji297.jpg

never forget :kwafuckyeah:

Absalom

please. Cyanide is just remaining true to the original by adopting GW's business practices

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Not that I am fond of DLC, especially when you pay for content that should have been in the game in the first place or been left entirely out, but I never understood why Cyanide released several versions of the same game with only new teams as a main difference, the kind of stuff that is typically light DLC content. Yeah, I know: money. But people went with it and bought the game several times? And now this? It's rather ridiculous to see yet another new version come out, but this time with only 8 teams, especially considering that the board game features 24 official ones. I can see the appeal of this version over FUMBBL, but given the amount of content that FUMBBL grants you access to, and for free, and with somewhat regular updates and maintenance, it is simply silly.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Goblin > Chaos d0rf > Skaven > Norse > Rotters > Lizards > Delf > Human > Undead > Chaos > 'Zons > Helf > Necro > Welf > Vamps > Ogre > Halflings >> Khemri >>>>> D0rf

And unless your version of BB includes all the base teams, star players and rules from the latest LRB there's no reason to play it over the fumbbl client.

Last edited:

Absalom

Goblin > Chaos d0rf > Skaven > Norse > Rotters > Lizards > Delf > Human > Chaos > 'Zons > Helf > Welf > Ogre > Halflings >>>>> D0rf

And unless your version of BB includes all the base teams, star players and rules from the latest LRB there's no reason to play it over the fumbbl client.
You forgot Vampire:rpgcodex:

:negative:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
LIES AND SLANDER

Skaven are placed way too low on those rankings. Ag3 Av7 is automatically FUN™. AND you can give them mutations! Mutations are also FUN™. The only reason to ever drop skavens from the top5 is if the coach is a douchebag and turns 2+ gutterrunners into oneturners.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom