Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blood Bowl 2

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Hmm. I would be up for some BB, I think, but I gotta buy it first.

It's still the same "buy game, get a couple or races, get the rest via dlc" bullshit as before?
The legendary edition seems to have everything, and is priced at 9 euro (for another 5 hours).
But yes, in general it's the same. The base game has the 8 boring races (more or less) and all the good stuff is in dlc.

We've tried codex leagues before with some success, I guess I've forgetten enough of the failures to be willing to have another go.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i'm not playing blood bowl ever again

i have to mind my blood pressure
That bad, huh?
I prepared my chaos team during 7 seasons in OCC (Orca Cola Championship).
Then I reached Division 1,
then I played against 6 other high level chaos teams (out of 9 matches...) in a single season.
Then I had to start over again...
So yes, it can be pretty bad.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Yeah, if BB has one problem it is the Chaos Teams whose "strategy" is to maim as many of your players then win when the field is empty. The problem of course is that those maimed players are gone not only for that match but the next one.

No other teams than chaos has such a potential for hurting (due to the Claw mutation + either horns or STR4). I believe Chaos Teams should not choose their mutation and have a chance to have a mutation that hurt your player so it cannot be easily "maintained" high in the league.
Or removed alltogether.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Yeah, if BB has one problem it is the Chaos Teams whose "strategy" is to maim as many of your players then win when the field is empty. The problem of course is that those maimed players are gone not only for that match but the next one.

No other teams than chaos has such a potential for hurting (due to the Claw mutation + either horns or STR4). I believe Chaos Teams should not choose their mutation and have a chance to have a mutation that hurt your player so it cannot be easily "maintained" high in the league.
Or removed alltogether.

There's been lots of suggestions. In the tabletop they effectively removed Piling On, but I think it's a misstep because the reality is Claw + Mightyblow alone is ridiculously powerful and trivializes many elements of the game. The way BB is balanced, most changes could be made through how much TV something costs or what skill access a piece has as it causes teams to start adjusting on a macro level. Altering RR costs particularly is a great way to do it, but to me Mutation access is so obscenely good I think it's crazy some teams can put together ClawPOMB for 60ktv, and in turn use that trivial investment to just wreak havoc on other teams.

However, GamesWorkshop has almost no interest in actually balancing the game. In fact, one of the changes they made was to give Gutter Runners the ability to RR injury dice or something; the 'Weeping Daggers' skill or some shit. They've no idea what the fuck they're doing :lol:

ValeVelKal

Arcane

Or removed alltogether.

There's been lots of suggestions. In the tabletop they effectively removed Piling On, but I think it's a misstep because the reality is Claw + Mightyblow alone is ridiculously powerful and trivializes many elements of the game. The way BB is balanced, most changes could be made through how much TV something costs or what skill access a piece has as it causes teams to start adjusting on a macro level. Altering RR costs particularly is a great way to do it, but to me Mutation access is so obscenely good I think it's crazy some teams can put together ClawPOMB for 60ktv, and in turn use that trivial investment to just wreak havoc on other teams.

However, GamesWorkshop has almost no interest in actually balancing the game. In fact, one of the changes they made was to give Gutter Runners the ability to RR injury dice or something; the 'Weeping Daggers' skill or some shit. They've no idea what the fuck they're doing :lol:
Woot, I usually play Skaven and Gutter Runners with a couple level are already snatching victories from the mouth of defeat at the smallest enemy defensive mistakes. The skavens really don't need a bonus.

Indeed, increasing the price of mutation in terms of TV would go a long way. Beyond the Chaos issue, I feel like the game has the problem of Block (and if not available, Dodge) being so much superior to any other skill both on the short term and on the long term (player survivability) that everyone starts with that skill before taking anything else, really limiting team diversity.
I wonder if it would have been better to separate armor roll from blocking roll (eg your character is still standing if he has block on a "Both Down" result, IF and ONLY IF he passed the armor roll as well), so block helps you "short term" (in the match) but less "long tun". Of course, it would mean a massive change of how armor roll works, and on the table top it would have increased the number of rolls dramatically, but it would also have weakened block a LOT while still making it important.

boot

Prophet
suffice to say that during the last league i felt like uninstalling after every match

I quit playing fumbbl when I lost two black box games in a row I had decisively taken control of due to misclicks (and the scumbags at the end had the nerve to say gg) but were I playing with codex bros I don't think it would've bothered me so much. If you guys got a league running I'd try and keep a team active

Andnjord

Arcane
I usually play Skaven
13806.jpg

You don't say ;)

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What I dislike is how bad being outnumbered is.
It makes games between bashy teams excessively random:
As soon as one gets luckier depitching the other, things start snowballing from there.
I think it would work better if free loners would complete the missing positions up to 16, and not only up to 11.
Granted, it would make agile teams even harder to handle, but it would help mitigate variance a lot (and slowplaying/Ball controling against agile teams would still work anyway).

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Blood Bowl mechanics are perfectly fine... in short leagues. Bigger leagues, not so much.
Open Ladder is an abomination created to keep in check the cold perfect balance of Sawyer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom