Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blood Bowl 3

SmartCheetah

Arcane
still no proper league tools still no buy
There are league tools already, but as you said - they aint no proper (not in game, you need to use some sort of web client) - and they are somewhat buggy. Still, we're gonna test them out in several days.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
There are league tools already, but as you said - they aint no proper (not in game, you need to use some sort of web client) - and they are somewhat buggy. Still, we're gonna test them out in several days.

I run a league with 70ish players and we can’t migrate from BB2 yet due to the state of the league tools.

sser

Arcane
Developer
When you consider the point of Blood Bowl and what's missing from this iteration, BB3 might be in the running for one of the worst releases in a while. I think it's compounded by the fact they already have BB2 to look at and improve upon, but somehow they spun out completely and discarded a bunch of features while injecting MTX and an assload of bugs. Also I'm still butthurt about them taking a fairly novel team design in the Berts and updating them into a barely Human-adjacent squad.

SmartCheetah

Arcane

I run a league with 70ish players and we can’t migrate from BB2 yet due to the state of the league tools.
Have you tried those new webclient tools?

bionicman

Liturgist
No halfling faction but you can throw halflings, the old world alliance has a tree and can have up to 2 flings, humans can also have up to 3 flings (thrown by ogre)

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Are they still ignoring single player in BB3 or have they introduced any kind of meaningful single player campaign mode?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
BB is not a single player game.

Have you tried those new webclient tools?

Our admin team has enough upkeep running a league with this amount of players, I don't want to go off-site for it as well.

When you consider the point of Blood Bowl and what's missing from this iteration, BB3 might be in the running for one of the worst releases in a while.

Which was true for BB1 and BB2 as well. I told our admins we'd have to wait at least a year or two to migrate, and they didn't believe me. They do now.

bionicman

Liturgist
Oh yeah, one more nonsensical thing, you can report another player for verbal abuse... but there is no chat in the game!

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Are they still ignoring single player in BB3 or have they introduced any kind of meaningful single player campaign mode?
Doesn't matter. Either way the AI will be brain dead. As in a zombie who was retarded even before dying. Just like in earlier games of the series. It makes single player, at best, a tool for learning the interface and rules if someone needs the latter.
I believe they are making a bad choice financially not working on SP in those games but i might be wrong.

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Doesn't matter. Either way the AI will be brain dead. As in a zombie who was retarded even before dying. Just like in earlier games of the series. It makes single player, at best, a tool for learning the interface and rules if someone needs the latter.
I believe they are making a bad choice financially not working on SP in those games but i might be wrong.

Most games have bad AI, but they are still plenty fun single player games that can even be challenging because they give the AI more resources or advantages than you. They could have you face higher TV teams to make it more challenging (and you don't need to have inducement money if they want to make it more challenging), as well as adding challenges in the campaign/management gameplay layer.

I am not talking about them just adding better support for single player leagues. I want a much more substantial and meaty campaign/management layer. I can think of two different ways that I think would be fun.

1.) Some kind of open world that you travel around in. In addition to traveling around to play one off matches and leagues/tournaments, you have to do all the team management and deal with events/travel logistics/etc... Think something like mount and blade.

2.) Massively rework and expand the team management options to make it more like a full sports management simulation type game. Think of something like all the various sports management sims out there.

I know that I am being wildly optimistic here, as I doubt they would put the resources into a substantial single player gameplay mode. But if they even got 1/4 of the way there I think it could be worthwhile fun.

The Blood Bowl tactical combat is some of the best seen in video games, and creating a single player game built around having the combat be Blood Bowl matches would be highly enjoyable.

Serus

Arcane
Patron

Most games have bad AI, but they are still plenty fun single player games that can even be challenging because they give the AI more resources or advantages than you. They could have you face higher TV teams to make it more challenging (and you don't need to have inducement money if they want to make it more challenging), as well as adding challenges in the campaign/management gameplay layer.

I am not talking about them just adding better support for single player leagues. I want a much more substantial and meaty campaign/management layer. I can think of two different ways that I think would be fun.

1.) Some kind of open world that you travel around in. In addition to traveling around to play one off matches and leagues/tournaments, you have to do all the team management and deal with events/travel logistics/etc... Think something like mount and blade.

2.) Massively rework and expand the team management options to make it more like a full sports management simulation type game. Think of something like all the various sports management sims out there.

I know that I am being wildly optimistic here, as I doubt they would put the resources into a substantial single player gameplay mode. But if they even got 1/4 of the way there I think it could be worthwhile fun.

The Blood Bowl tactical combat is some of the best seen in video games, and creating a single player game built around having the combat be Blood Bowl matches would be highly enjoyable.
I agree about games giving the AI more resources to compensate for the poor AI. That's the standard. And perhaps that could work. However in BB1 the AI was one of the worst I've seen. It was the absolute minimum to call it a "working AI". But they didn't care. And they won't. You still need to work on the AI a little because it needs to be able to use its advantages you give it, to some extent.

I'd like a BB single player as well, in that we agree, it would be nice. But it won't happen.

Harthwain

Magister
One funny thing about AI in Blood Bowl 2 was that Easy was the most difficult one to play against, because often it took huge risks and sometimes it paid off, while the supposedly the most difficult one (in name) was calculating so much to play it as safe as possible that it was hamstringing itself in the process.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom