Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blood Bowl 3

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I don't think BB needs animation speed-up tbh. The game is pretty fast as is and you can turn off all the camera zoom-ins and such. BB2 is very close to FUMBBL in the content- and functionality-departments after all the patches and the expansion. FUMBBL still has it beat on additional teams, however. BB2 technically has FUMBBL beat on single player content but who the fucks plays this game single player

Harthwain

Magister
BB2 technically has FUMBBL beat on single player content but who the fucks plays this game single player
I did. It's good for learning how to play the game in general and for learning how to play with specific teams. You can also playtest various builds for players that way. Granted, it won't be as good as playing against real people, but it will give you an approximation of what you can expect without having to rely on pure theorycrafting.

Self-Ejected

aeternalis

Wordcel
Patron
BB2 technically has FUMBBL beat on single player content but who the fucks plays this game single player
I did. It's good for learning how to play the game in general and for learning how to play with specific teams. You can also playtest various builds for players that way. Granted, it won't be as good as playing against real people, but it will give you an approximation of what you can expect without having to rely on pure theorycrafting.

fair, single player in the original cyanide blood bowl is also how I initially learned the game. I also watched LPs and spectated good players on fumbbl, but that can only take you so far

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Learning the game - fair enough - but I disagree as far as approximation goes. Once you learn how the AI ticks you can beat it every single game and it doesn't play anything like an normal player would

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
Learning the game - fair enough - but I disagree as far as approximation goes. Once you learn how the AI ticks you can beat it every single game
You're not wrong, but it is not about beating the AI as such. It is about testing how builds fare in practice. It's easier to do against the AI, because you can create players with desired skills right away.

Self-Ejected

DiceysDelves

Self-Ejected
I played the single player a little bit in BB2, but I stopped after I won a match 3-0 and lost because I didn't manage to kill two specific players. I want to play blood bowl, not "waste time knocking down players until you go blind".

Humbaba

Arcane
BB2 AI is actually quite retarded, multiplayer is the only correct way of playing. Winning against AI Woodies with Ogres is one thing, winning against an actual human playing Woodies with Ogres is a feeling you couldn't buy for any amount of riches in the whole world.

Harthwain

Magister
I watched "Blood Bowl 3 Tabletop Fest Live Steam" on YouTube* and models used for Dwarves are looking great. I might play as Dwarves more often just for that reason alone.

* If anybody wants to watch, here is the video with timestamp at the beginning of the match itself:

By the way, whoever came with the idea of not using the fullscreen to show off the game is a saboteur. They went half of the game with smaller screen.

Also, for those interested, there are some answers to some questions after the match. I didn't bother watching that part myself though.

Humbaba

Arcane
Show chorfs pls

And it's a real shame about how they've invested so much effort into these gimmick pitches when none of them will be legal in any league. Unless there are no such thing as banning pitches, which would be terrible. I'm a big fan of the lava one, that'll work out real nice whenever you roll sweltering heat on the wheather table.

EruDaan

Arcane
So, what do we have here actually? A game that, on table top, was excellent, an almost cute but tastefully violent parody on American Football. Dozens of teams, more or less coherent rules that are easy to understand and time consuming to master with A LOT of fluff and humour. Blood Bowl I was maybe not amazing but a solid game.

Then came Blood Bowl II... then III. What's next? An Blood Bowl every two years? Blood Bowl 2024 with an updated rooster and purchasable Champions and loot boxes with Golden Glitter Championcards with +1 to all attributes?

Call me an cynic but I do not think that Games Workshop wants you to be more then some happy pay pig.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What's next? An Blood Bowl every two years? Blood Bowl 2024 with an updated rooster and purchasable Champions and loot boxes with Golden Glitter Championcards with +1 to all attributes?
Eh, this was announced in 2019.
By the time this comes out, it'll have been in development for probably 4 years or more.

I think that's a fair time span for sports sequels. 3-4 years also allow for an upgrade in graphics, teams, etc.
And in this case, the ruleset itself actually changed, so it makes even more sense.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
What's next? An Blood Bowl every two years? Blood Bowl 2024 with an updated rooster and purchasable Champions and loot boxes with Golden Glitter Championcards with +1 to all attributes?
Eh, this was announced in 2019.
By the time this comes out, it'll have been in development for probably 4 years or more.

...which'll be around 8 years after last release, lol.

Harthwain

Magister
Then came Blood Bowl II... then III. What's next? An Blood Bowl every two years? Blood Bowl 2024 with an updated rooster and purchasable Champions and loot boxes with Golden Glitter Championcards with +1 to all attributes?

Call me an cynic but I do not think that Games Workshop wants you to be more then some happy pay pig.
Blood Bowl 3 comes out, because the ruleset was changed. My journey started with Blood Bowl 2, so I don't know how it was between Blood Bowl 1 and 2.

Humbaba

Arcane

Blood Bowl 3 comes out, because the ruleset was changed. My journey started with Blood Bowl 2, so I don't know how it was between Blood Bowl 1 and 2.
Blood Bowl 1 and 2 used the same rules, which had been the same for decades until GW rebooted Bloodbowl a couple of years ago.

Tyrr

Liturgist
Does BB3 has cheerleaders like BB1? The sjw devs removed them in BB2.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
A new approach to DLC:

The initial launch version of Blood Bowl 3 will include 12 factions, which is 4 more than featured in Blood Bowl 2. Every 3 months, a new season will begin, with each season adding a new faction and a new Blood Pass. The Blood Pass has 50 tiers that players achieve over the course of the season’s matches. On successfully reaching certain tiers, players receive free rewards that they can use to customise their teams, including new accessories, balls and dice. The top tier in the Blood Pass unlocks that season’s new faction.

There will also be a paid version of the Blood Pass. If players buy it, they can immediately play as the new faction and will unlock a reward at each of the 50 tiers completed.

While the Blood Pass lets players obtain certain items, the same items can also be obtained as in-game rewards or be purchased in the online store using Warpstone, the game’s virtual currency.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
And so Cyanide steps into the 21st century 22 years too late. Hopefully fleecing that skin-hungry miniature doll-painting customer base will make this game more economically viable and thus easier to support than the first two games.

Modron

Arcane
They were forced to develop these three Blood Bowl games as a result of a lawsuit settlement, nickle and diming on the dlc front was the only way they made any money out of the ordeal. So yeah not shocking how low they've stooped to try to milk/generate whales.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So yeah not shocking how low they've stooped to try to milk/generate whales.

This makes no sense, since this is exactly what they haven't done despite the obvious potential. BB2 even launched with a skinshop and a faux ingame currency, it was just so halfassed 99% of player probably didn't even notice it existed. Minitature Warhammer people throw insane money at this kind of customization, yet Blood Bowl 3 will be the first game to actually tap into that.

The fuck do the rest of us care as long as it's cosmetic. We had to pay for additional teams anyway, and the rest is just more money into the game we play. A lot of shit worries me about BB3 - Cyanide finally deciding to make their games economically viable does not.

They were forced to develop these three Blood Bowl games as a result of a lawsuit settlement, nickle and diming on the dlc front was the only way they made any money out of the ordeal. So yeah not shocking how low they've stooped to try to milk/generate whales.
just curious..how do you 'force' somebody to make a game? Especially a good game? Usually making a decent game requires some sort of passion. If you are being forced, why not just push out some stick figures running back and forth? I suppose there could be clauses, but still it feels like you would then have to write up some insane detailed contract and because programming is so opaque, how would you really check the actual details, would seem like a nightmare...

Unless the company being forced is also the one reaping most of the monetary benefits of the sales, but then why would they be being forced?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom