Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

8wdsZ

:bounce::bounce::bounce:
looks like Souls game in XIX century. if it is really new Miyazaki game....:fuuyeah: i dont want to buy fucking ps4 for one fucking game:rage:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
project beast, later revealed as...
pillars of beasts.

fucking consoles, tho.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The only next-gen AAA developer worth following at all.
I'm not sure if it's yet correct to call From AAA developer, given how Demon's Souls was their first real sleeper hit and Dark Souls the first time they robbed the bank. Before Souls games, they were mostly known for hardcore mecha simulators (niche genre) and ninja stealth games (also niche).

Though it goes without a mention that AAA or not they've been worth following for a long time now.

If it is really a joint effort of From Software + Sony's Japan Studio... than no fucking way. ps4 has no fucking excusive games and so far the only big games coming this year are shit like Deep Down (capcoms f2p) and Order 1886( gears of war 5):rage:

Martius

Liturgist
So same as Demon Souls and that turned out pretty good. From what I heard Miyazaki know what is he doing so I hope that one could turn out pretty well too.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Yeah...don't want a ps4 just for this. And if it is a Soulslike game, I don't like the idea of paying extra for online access.
Damn it I was almost excited about this until you reminded me they locked multiplayer to PS+ for PS4.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, if PS4 gets this plus maybe a few other good exclusive titles, I might actually buy it a couple of years further down the road. The price will probably be reduced by then, too.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
I'm not sure if it's yet correct to call From AAA developer, given how Demon's Souls was their first real sleeper hit and Dark Souls the first time they robbed the bank. Before Souls games, they were mostly known for hardcore mecha simulators (niche genre) and ninja stealth games (also niche).

Though it goes without a mention that AAA or not they've been worth following for a long time now.
Man Tenchu was so fucking great. What happened to that series?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Man Tenchu was so fucking great. What happened to that series?
Hmmmm, gotta look into that...

Seems that after PS2 the series ping-ponged between various consoles and handhelds and each new game got panned time after time. Now, before Souls each of From's games got almost uniform negative reception in the mainstream press, but last-gen Tenchu games were getting 10 points lower on MetaCritic than Armored Core entries.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

You forget King's Field and Shadow Tower, although less so in the west.

Kanedias

Savant
This reminds me of Shadow Tower Abyss, another game From developed prior to Demon's Souls which had handguns and such in it.

P.S.: Fuck the PS4.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I hope they'll stop with self quoting and adapt DS gameplay and design philosophy to a new setting and plot. It's a good time to change direction while keeping the good and important parts of the series.
Not that I'm so butthurt about possible Moolight Flintlock Pistol or something.

Oh and I hope PS4 can handle bigger friggin levels.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I suppose the question is: Can From actually into ranged combat this time? And also: Metroidvania or stage-based progression? Because honestly, the idea of shooting my way through mostly linear stages does not appeal to me very much, even with From's nice art direction.

On a related note, if they actually consciously decided to have a "B-team" work on the next entry in their most successful franchise ever (DaS2) and to put everyone else on a PS4 exclusive (with the IP likely owned by Sony as was the case with DeS), then they're really, really stupid. Then again, it is Japan, so it's possible. And this is strange news in any case. Didn't they create Dark Souls because they wanted IP of their own that they could release on multiple platforms? Why jump in bed with Sony again? If it becomes successful, will we see a multiplatform "Project Monstrosity" later on?

Kanedias

Savant
Interesting how close this looks to Dark Souls II pre-release graphics, especially the blood in this screenshot:

1Oznbrk.jpg

It's pretty similar to the blood effects in some of Dark Souls 2's pre-release screenshots like these ones:

ZJdlsd3.jpg

greAqyh.jpg

Those pre-release graphics had to go somewhere, I guess this is where.

Kanedias

Savant
That account is false, by the way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom