Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bloodlines 2?

Chicago. And damn anyone who is not the same.
Okay, this is my first post in......well.......months, but anyone have any news on Bloodlines 2, or a possible expansion? I loved the game.

Sorry if there's already a topic, I looked, but damn if I'm not tired.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
I don't remember who, but I think I remember someone saying they would like to make a Sabbat expansion?

Whipporowill

Erudite
Shane Defreest (Activision Online Communites Manager for Bloodlines), which I incidentally haven't seen in a while mentioned it. It was also brought up by Troika devs if I'm not misstaken. Nothing official though and I guess we'll see what kind of support/belief Activision will show for the title.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Leonard: That would be Activision’s call. We’d love to do either an expansion or a sequel."

Hahahaha. Hahaha.

This statement is just pure gold.

Troika says this after every game they make. All three of them now.

It's yet to come true.

BL deserves an expansion/sequel only if they fix the MAJOR problems.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Yes, I agree Blo should have second chance. And somehow Blo from all three their projects is the best one to continue. They would definetly get good reviews if deal with perfomance issues and remove all that strightforwarded action from game. Of course, considering they keep all the best from this one.

The Exar

Liturgist
Kamaz said:
Yes, I agree Blo should have second chance. And somehow Blo from all three their projects is the best one to continue..
I do not agree. Arcanum is at least "as best" as Bloodlines in terms of expansion. Why don't make a pool? It's an interesting question...
However, you're right - Bloodlines must realy have its second chance (to become the best FP RPG evar...). At least as Arcanum. Let's just hope Troika lives.THAT'S the important...

Jora

Arcane
Volourn said:
Troika says this after every game they make. All three of them now.
And why should they not say so? I don't think going out of business is in their best interests. :roll:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"And why should they not say so? I don't think going out of business is in their best interests."

Only a moron like you won't miss the point to that sentence.

The point is that after all 3 games; Troika is all "we'd lovveeeedddd to do an expansion; but it's up to the publisher."

The said publisher than retorts more less:"No fuckin' way we gonna have an expansion or sequel for your game."

Thta has yet to be said for BL; but I'm sure it will though I wouldn't mind one for it. I just don't hold my breath as it seems that publishers are seemingly unkeen to work with Troika more than once.

R00fles!

Lomer

Liturgist
Volourn said:
The point is that after all 3 games; Troika is all "we'd lovveeeedddd to do an expansion; but it's up to the publisher."

The said publisher than retorts more less:"No fuckin' way we gonna have an expansion or sequel for your game."

Thta has yet to be said for BL; but I'm sure it will though I wouldn't mind one for it. I just don't hold my breath as it seems that publishers are seemingly unkeen to work with Troika more than once.

I couldn’t agree more on this matter. As much as I love their games, I have to admit that Troika has successfully ruined its business relations with all of its publishers so far. Troika might be treated badly by the publishers in their internal relations (there are some trustworthy indications in this direction), but they should not disclose information about such problems to the general public. At the end, Troika may gain some temporary sympathy from the fans, but they will lose any opportunity to work with the same publisher again. The publishers would swallow such misconduct, only if Troika could ensure them huge financial success (which is not the case). Even Bioware, which is much larger and financially successful company, refrains from blaming its publishers in public (with the exception of Black Isle, but this was purely financial argument).
First Sierra, then Atari, now Activision – is there any big RPG publisher left? Troika should just shut up and start demonstrating some respect to the people financing their projects (if it is not too late). Otherwise, they will be soon kicked out of the business, to my great regret.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
FUCK expansions and sequels!

I want Fail Safe!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom