Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BloodLust 2: Nemesis - sequel to BloodLust Shadowhunter

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Despite the obvious shortcomings, I really liked the first game. And the dev seems to be a nice and responsive one, too.
Yeah, it's amazing what one man can do. It's a shame that this game doesn't get more coverage, I don't think it was reviewed by anyone except RPG Watch.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

Coming to Early Access soon:

Bloodlust 2: Nemesis is a "Hack 'n Slash - Dungeon Crawling - Action RPG" experience that will allow players to explore the dark underworld of a forgotten society of Vampires and their disciplines, all while trying to solve the secrets to their bloodline's scientifically enhanced monstrous power.

"After the 'Hunter' killed an emperor to the east and destroyed an entire bloodline, the Council felt the playing field between the humans and the undead might be a little too even. They authorized the development of an experimental food source; a synthetic blood built from both alchemy and science. The project is funded and developed by the Taku Clan, under the codename NEMESIS; Neural Embryonic Morphing Experimental Synthetic Immune System something or other."

"I guess it's supposed to be better than the real thing. I don't really know... I never touched it, since I prefer my blood warm and dirty. But I've seen its strength, replicating and enhancing the cells of the undead, allowing our species to morph into even stronger creatures, making us more monstrous than we already are."

~ Vitalus, blood thirsty scavenger from the Dark City

FEATURES:
  • Play as a Male or Female Vampire with Classes Including Witch, Thief or Warrior
  • Sire Others with your "Embrace" to Build your Family of Minions
  • Learn and Increase Vampire Disciplines, Skills, Talents and Attributes
  • Dynamic Loot and Procedurally Created Areas Create Infinite Replay-ability
  • Non-Linear World Allows Players to Follow Their Own Path and Quest Goals

Why Early Access?
“Although Bloodlust 2: Nemesis is a complete game including all features, such as voice acting, gameplay elements, etc., we are using Early Access to receive feedback from players about any bugs they might find, or any suggestions for gameplay improvements, balance and/or additional features that might make the game more enjoyable.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“Approximately 6 - 9 months.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“Currently Bloodlust 2: Nemesis is a complete game. However, with additional feedback and suggestions from the Early Access community... we would like to fix any bugs and find any areas that might need additional polish. Also, looking for any suggestions that might make the game more enjoyable.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“Bloodlust 2: Nemesis is complete but needs feedback from players to find bugs, improve features, adjust gameplay balance, and give suggestions for any additional polish. Please refer to the "About This" section on the store page for a list of features currently in the game.”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“Game may increase in price a few dollars for official release.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“Because Bloodlust is a large game with hours of content it's necessary to remove as many bugs as possible before official release. We are using Early Access to get feedback from players to help balance gameplay, share and remove any frustrating areas, suggest new features and help find any bugs.”

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Interesting. I played the first game a bit but it didn't "hook" me. I remember it feeling rather amateurish and textureless. I wonder what lessons have been learned. In any case, good for him.

Lhynn

Arcane
Best worst vampire game sequel is coming, i have yuge expectations. I really liked the previous one, even if it got too autistic for me to manage to finish it.

Great news, really great news.

Tao

Savant
I asked Steam for a refund. I tried but i just can't, it has the same problems from the first game.

deama

Prophet
So any more reviews?

I asked Steam for a refund. I tried but i just can't, it has the same problems from the first game.
What were your problems with the first game?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, that's good news, then, as I really liked the first game!
It sure had problems, but they didn't bother me enough not to play it.

Lhynn

Arcane
Alright, a couple hours in but ill give my thoughts.

The sequel is a lot more polished, but it is more of the same. The game is at its core a dungeon crawler.
In the sequel you play as the guy from the first game. In a new city under a different emperor, you are trying to stop vampires from producing a super blood that basically turns them into gods. From then on the gameplay is roughly the same, but a lot smoother. You have a hub, and you have dungeons you can explore for loot and to complete some quests. While all the dungeons are RNG there will be plenty of puzzles and minigames as you explore different locations connected to the hub.
The atmosphere will be familiar to most of you, it tries and, for the most part, succeeds to emulate the one from Bloodlines, at least at the start.

The most interesting part is, like it was in the first game, the mechanics. Stuff like becoming mist, summoning vermin, drinking blood from defenseless people, becoming a sire, teleporting, detecting life, and even summoning a piece of your soul out of your body to explore and manipulate mechanisms. It all blends in to make it a fairly wholesome experience.

So far the game is fairly challenging, though im holding on assigning most of my points until i get a grasp on what skills im comfortable with.

Anyway, if you enjoy both diablo 2 and bloodlines i recommend this game. If you dont like either of those you probably wont like Bloodlust.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom