Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Bloom: Memories - a new kind of action adventure RPG by Studio Fawn

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Studio Fawn, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Studio Fawn Studio Fawn Developer

Studio Fawn
    Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1376061185/bloom-3
    Kickstarter 2: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1376061185/bloom-memories-one-of-a-kind-action-adventure-rpg
    Kickstarter 3: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1376061185/bloom-memories-a-new-kind-of-action-adventure-rpg
    Kickstarter 4: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/studiofawn/bloom-memories-home-stretch
    Kickstarter 5: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/studiofawn/bloom-memories-a-group-effort
    Steam Greenlight: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=192410456

http://www.studiofawn.com

Show Spoiler
    Heya guys :) I'm sure you were wondering what happened with all of this... well... I got new people onto the team, and, kept pushing it ahead (passion! woo).

We actually have a running alpha now and some game play to show off, and we just went back to kickstarter the other day (( http://kck.st/ZYaA9x )) for a last stab at the entire funding thing (eech, I'm not too eager about the "big publisher" thing if it is avoidable). Anyhow, let me know what you think :)

KS link :D http://kck.st/ZYaA9x

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2020
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    Still have no idea what the game is about.

Video does't show much exept praise from some random people who like fairies and kids. There are't any interesting things to do, there is only one mechanic which is missile reflection, and that was done by pong games from 80's better. Is it that hard to at least say straight that we will play two characters separately or something? Otherwise what's the point in hearts mechanic?
    The art is excellent, the music is great, and the premise of the story is not something you'll see regularly, but it just feels "hip" without actual meaning behind all that.
    I think you should hire somebody to write an in-depth design document for you, because your KS is troubled by lack of explanations which are accurate and actually to the point.

^ Top  
  3. EG Nullified

EG
    Remind me, is this game primarily (or entirely) combat?

^ Top  
  4. Roguey Codex Staff Sawyerite

Roguey
    Not trying to identity-police you, but why do you refer to yourself with male pronouns?

^ Top  
  5. Studio Fawn Studio Fawn Developer

Studio Fawn
    Hehe Jenova chen (designer of flower and journey) and David Jaffe (god of war, and twisted metal?)

The missile reflection is just the base skill :P kind of like normal attack in other games. Short range, deflects stuff. Then you hold it for a charged version (which switches it to a higher energy cost / damage longer range attack). Then you have a pool of 2ndary attacks to use.

Fighting is a big part (it's what you do mostly, run around adventuring and fightin stuff. And the combat system gets a bit more complex with the bridge and things) with a strong story and some puzzle elements.

I dunno, it is an action adventure / rpg ~_~ That kinda is what happens :P No harvest moon here :)

^ Top  
  6. Studio Fawn Studio Fawn Developer

Studio Fawn
    I'm a boy ~_~

^ Top  
  7. Roguey Codex Staff Sawyerite

Roguey
    Oh, well you're a fabulously feminine boy.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    Who? What games? ...are these even turn-based?

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Studio Fawn Studio Fawn Developer

Studio Fawn
    Hehe thanks! :D

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    New video is way better than the old one, now I've finally got an idea of what the game actually is like. :salute:

^ Top  
  11. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Tiers are much better this time. At this point all you really need is the publicity. Just mail Total Biscuit a link along with a £1,000 wire transfer.

^ Top  
  12. Kosmonaut Lost in Space

Self-Ejected
    Aren't you a tranny? I remember a Kickstarter tranny that discussed with the locals about genre issues and the difficulties of managing and coordinating or something like that.

^ Top  
  13. Studio Fawn Studio Fawn Developer

Studio Fawn

This is the hardest thing for little teams like us ~_~ I tried to email the codex even about the KS the other day but they didn't seem interested ~_~ So.... just doin what I can ~_~

^ Top  
  14. Studio Fawn Studio Fawn Developer

Studio Fawn
    lol! technically I'm a tranny.... but that is tranny as in transgendered (not transsexual, yea there is a difference).

^ Top  
  15. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    What other media sites are you sending announcements to?

^ Top  
  16. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Studio Fawn Studio Fawn Developer

Studio Fawn
    Everyone I can think of. I have a list of about 50 sites that I made and sent press releases to ~_~ Then I run around to forums and post too. :)

^ Top  
  18. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    :lol:

Gawd I hate that guy.

^ Top  
  19. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Hopefully you don't use the curvy eye smiley emote too liberally in those e-mails. This one will get you more traction:

:kingcomrade:

^ Top  
  20. Studio Fawn Studio Fawn Developer

Studio Fawn
    You sure not this one?

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. CMcC Larian Studios Developer

CMcC
    That looks really nice. I'm in.

^ Top  
  22. skuphundaku Economic devastator, Mk. 11 Patron

skuphundaku
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    What you have to understand is that Roguey is a raging feminist (with a massive case of penis envy I deduct). You, essentially, ignoring yours must be driving her up the walls because she would love to have one but can't.

P.S. Nice update to Bloom, by the way. I'm keeping an eye on it. Getting Jenova Chen on board is quite a feat.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. FrancoTAU Cipher

FrancoTAU
    The game looks real pretty, but I can't get a handle on how the game plays. Is it just Zelda clone with some meta shit popping up from time to time? Is it story heavy with some combat?

^ Top  
  24. St. Toxic Arcane

St. Toxic
    I'm getting interested. Reminds me of Dink Smallwood, which had a similar heartwarming story attached to it.

^ Top  
  25. Studio Fawn Studio Fawn Developer

Studio Fawn
    Thanks :D Humm, I wouldn't really call it a zelda clone (since, it doesn't play like zelda so much). BUT, it IS isometric ...and you run around a forest a lot... and the overall "feel" of innocent adventure is there (which is definitely zelda-like). It is inspired by games like the original zelda, but cloning that game would just make for a pretty shallow experience (we are going for something a bit more than that... I guess, maybe if zelda and journey made a baby while on top of a bunch of artists bodies?).

Hehe if i wanted to just clone a game, I would be done already ~_~ Sprite characters + tile base backgrounds + refurbished code = fast game. I'm really trying to do something new (why would I even bother with stuff like concept art if I wasn't?).

But, no, you won't be reading pages and pages of text ~_~ Or watching a bunch of cinematics. This is a game, there are a TON of tools to tell a great story through game design (and that is the overall goal :).

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.