Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Book of Aliens (from devs of Book of Demons)

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
It seems they've announced their next project in a series of planned titles and it's Book of Aliens, homage to X-COM of old while retaining the same papercraft look.

Book of Aliens’ action takes place during a global crisis. Earth is threatened by an alien invasion originating from below the planet’s surface. Your mission is to lead a supranational agency of scientists and military agents in a desperate but valiant fight to understand the alien agenda and thwart it.

The game is currently in early development. The screenshots shown are from one of our in-house prototypes and they might not reflect the actual look of the final game. While we can’t reveal a lot of details just yet, you can expect:

alien2.png
unique gameplay mechanics that make the game simple to play yet strategically challenging and difficult to master
alien2.png
a game that respects your time and can be enjoyed in both short and long gameplay sessions
alien2.png
high replayability thanks to randomized levels and card-based mechanics
alien2.png
beautiful paper pop-up book stylized graphics

About Return 2 Games series

r2g_logo_fixed.png

Book of Aliens is the upcoming second installment in Return 2 Games, a series of unique mid-core games inspired by the golden days of PC gaming. Each R2G title is a tribute to a single hit game from the ’90s: a reimagining of a single universal story for a brand-new audience, using modern means and innovative, often vastly simplified gameplay mechanics.

pillars.png

Book of Aliens is developed as a tribute to MicroProse’ UFO: Enemy Unknown. If you want to learn more about Return 2 Games or support us in the development of the series, visit the Supporter Pack store page.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I found Book Of Demons to pretty bad, honestly.
Yes, there was challenge in the game - challenge that came solely from the fact that you could only move on rails while your enemies could move completely free. Absurd, really.
And entirely unnecessary.

Now, this will probably not try to imitate the Diablo formula, but I guess the Enemy Unknown formula.
I just hope they won't introduce an equivalent to that absurd restriction this time.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom