Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Borderlands 3

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'm going to guess it looks and plays almost exactly like Borderlands 2.

Okay, it's over. Looks nice, but having to run in circles to talk to the NPCs in the hub could get old. You should be able to use the teleporter to zip zoom through them.

edit: NOW it's over for real, they still asked Paul Sage some questions. There will be low grav planets/asteroids like in Pre-Sequel.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Or better, have a fucking phone.
I mean in BL1/2 you have people calling you non stop but when it comes to quests, nope you need to meet in face with them.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The thing is that you don't get to decide what a legitimate complaint is for anyone (nor should Valve, why they have to step in and decide what is "legitimate" and "illegitimate" consumer feedback is beyond me - this always ends up as a slippery slope, just like "hateful content" and it's obviously a biased endeavour for the purpose of damage control from the start, since it's not going to consider any positive reviews as "review bombings" and just remove negative ones to boost review scores). If they bought a game that contained the color red too much, and they disliked the color red and complain about it, that's as valid a review as any other and the top reviews on a game's store page are decided by vote tallies, so if 50+ people agreed that there's too much red in the game and didn't agree with "John Q. Normie", that'll be at the top.
Good example of this happening here btw.: https://store.steampowered.com/app/289650/Assassins_Creed_Unity/#app_reviews_hash

AssCreed: Unity has an Overall Review Score of "Mixed" with 61%, but lately they've been getting "Very Positive" reviews at 87%.

Why did this happen? Did they suddenly release some huge Patch that made the game (which was originally released in 2014) much better? Going by most of the late reviews it seems to be about UbiSoft offering the game for Free on uPlay and the Notre Dame nearly burning down, followed by UbiSoft donating to the rebuilding efforts:
Assassin's Creed Unity is currently free at Uplay from April 17th until April 25th
Thanks Ubisoft & Assassin's Creed Unity for giving us an opportunity to appreciate what Notre Dame used to be.
God bless France.
Reconstruction of Notre Dame
Worker A: Do we need to build this catacomb?
Worker B: I don't know, Ubisoft painted it on the drawings.
Ubisoft just said that this game is free for one week according to what happened with Notre Dame.They also donated 500'000k eur.
this game is free in the ubisoft store until april 25th
Does anyone think their fancy "off-topic review activity" algorithm will kick in in this case? Fat chance, which makes it a de-facto biased algorithm for the purpose of shilling and boosting positive review scores while only being used to filter negative customer opinions and sentiments and shows that in reality it's got nothing to do with "off-topic reviews".
To be fair, AssCreed Unity was in a completely fucked up state when it was released but it's been patched up nicely since then, so gamers playing it for the first time now are getting a much better experience than the people who bought and reviewed the game when it was new. The other main criticism against AC Unity, that it was just more of the same, is also unlikely to matter to people getting it for free now, since they're likely to be new to the Assassins Creed franchise.

Seethe

Arbiter
Game looks nothing like previous Borderlands games, form a gameplay perspective. Is it me, or do all the weapons have super accuracy? I have a feeling it's gonna be super easy. This one gets the pirate treatment.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
:lol:

unknown.png

:butthurt:

I have a soft spot for games I can play with friends, games with tons of shiny loot, and brain-dead shooters I can kick back and relax while playing. Borderlands 3's reveal looked reasonably entertaining to me. It's still super tempting to avoid entirely because of how frequently and loudly Randy Pitchford, a man who probably contributes next to nothing to the creation of Gearbox's games, is a colossal cuntasaurus.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
To be fair, AssCreed Unity was in a completely fucked up state when it was released but it's been patched up nicely since then, so gamers playing it for the first time now are getting a much better experience than the people who bought and reviewed the game when it was new. The other main criticism against AC Unity, that it was just more of the same, is also unlikely to matter to people getting it for free now, since they're likely to be new to the Assassins Creed franchise.

Was it broken at launch on PC too? I've read a lot about how it was designed not fitting well with the launch hardware on consoles, them focusing on big crowds which even the new machines couldn't handle. Haven't read much about PC issues, like the last Batman game had. I'm not Mr. Assassin's Creed News, though.

Was it broken at launch on PC too? I've read a lot about how it was designed not fitting well with the launch hardware on consoles, them focusing on big crowds which even the new machines couldn't handle. Haven't read much about PC issues, like the last Batman game had. I'm not Mr. Assassin's Creed News, though.
Yeah, it was pretty bad on PC, too. Different issues, but more of the usual terrible performance and stuttering problems. Unity wasn't as bad as Arkham Knight, which was exceptionally shit, but it definitely wasn't even close to being good.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
You'd think after a relatively decently long break and targeting new consoles it wouldn't just look like fucking Borderlands 2 on PC, yet it does.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom