Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Borderlands 3

Plaguecrafter

Novice
and health bloat is gone.
That's level 1 in the first 14 minutes. Go start a brand new BL2 character and you'll find there isn't any health bloat there yet either.

Was just about to say this. Let's way until they show the gameplay for 2nd or 3rd playthrough. I'm sure the health and damage amount will get off the charts again.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
That's level 1 in the first 14 minutes. Go start a brand new BL2 character and you'll find there isn't any health bloat there yet either.

Was just about to say this. Let's way until they show the gameplay for 2nd or 3rd playthrough. I'm sure the health and damage amount will get off the charts again.

Apparently UVHM isn't going to be as cancerous as in BL2, as there's no slag. It will most likely be more like TPS's version of UVHM.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Lilith-Siren-Borderlands-Vault-Hunter.jpg

vs

borderlands-3-siren-amara-738x410.jpg.optimal.jpg

yeah, fuck off.

Shit's broken, mate.
Also, Lilith is a thot

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

Eh, Idk, the bullymongs can be pretty tanky if you just use the default repeater, and Flynt can be an ass at times.
I remember Midgemong having stupid amounts of health too for an early encounter.

But yeah, second playthrough is the true test.

All long as mission flow is better than in Borderlands 2 and they don't add padding for muh narrative then it might be fine. There was some tedious bullshit in BL2 that makes you wonder "why?"

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Apparently UVHM isn't going to be as cancerous as in BL2, as there's no slag.
It was removed and replaced with something functionally similar. Never trust Randy.

Eh, as long as you don't have to dedicate a weapon slot to it and have to frantically swap weapons if you want to survive the higher difficulties I'm cool with it.

The fact that it has a DoT effect already makes it a lot better than Slag, as slag's damage amp doesn't apply to slag damage type, making it pretty much useless as soon as slag procs. With the DoT you can hit them with radiation to constantly apply the DoT, getting a lot of damage output, similar to what one could do with incendiary.

Also, hitting your enemies with radiation is a lot cooler than hitting them with purple drank.

User was nabbed fit

The idea of having to always use one type of damage, before you start doing any other damage, is pretty gay no matter how you spin it though. That is, if you want to max your combat efficiency, but who tf doesn't in games like this.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
The idea of having to always use one type of damage, before you start doing any other damage, is pretty gay no matter how you spin it though. That is, if you want to max your combat efficiency, but who tf doesn't in games like this.

Yeah, its a pretty crap idea. Hopefully radiation can use its own damage buff, even though the DoT effect is pretty nice.
Apparently it also causes guys to explode and debuff / apply DoT to surrounding enemies, which sounds useful.

Plaguecrafter

Novice
Apparently, having a psycho Jesus on the cover and making fun of people with physical disabilities (i.e. "midgets") is okay according to Gearbox, but using an "inappropriate" gender pronoun will get you banned. Seems pretty balanced to me.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Its as if they want their fans to hate them. Oh what am I saying, Gearbox's fans are so sycophantic that Randy can shit in their mouths and they'll call it chocolate.
If Fl4k is a robot, shouldn't the correct pronoun be it? Check your organic privilege, you meat sacks.

I like Fl4k, but it looks like they are going to ruin it with singular they / them nonsense.
There's a reason why it fell out of use; it sounds like crap and it ruins sentence comprehension, as you have to waste time thinking "hold on, why are there suddenly more than 1 person...oh right, singular they."

Oh you motherfuckers. They did it. They actually got rid of the term midgets.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/borderlands-3/borderlands-3-midget

When asked whether Gearbox’s developers had a desire to move away from using certain terms, Brock said that a specific attempt had been made to remove the term ‘midget’ – a word often used as an insult to describe extremely short people – from the game, because “it’s not super sensitive.”

A hands-off demo revealed that Midget – a term which was used to denominate a diminutive subclass of multiple enemy types in previous games in the series – is no longer in use. Instead, smaller versions of enemies are referred to as ‘Tinks’.

Its a game about making people explode into chunks of meat with over the top weapons set in a universe where nearly everyone is a batshit insane psychopath who's desensitized to violence, and Gearbox is worried about something not being "super sensitive".
Never give money to Gearbox folks. They may make a game that looks decent mechanically, but they will find ways to fuck it up.

Last edited:

HEKE

Educated
Apparently, having a psycho Jesus on the cover and making fun of people with physical disabilities (i.e. "midgets") is okay according to Gearbox, but using an "inappropriate" gender pronoun will get you banned. Seems pretty balanced to me.

I wouldn't even be surprised at this point if it also featured 2147483647 different procedurally generated genders, pronouns and all. Might as well rename the game Genderlands 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom