Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Borderlands 3

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by sullynathan, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Dexter Arcane

Dexter
    Borderlands came out in 2009, Borderlands in 2012 and both were headlining their console generation and looked/seemed somewhat "fresh" at the time, 7 years have passed since and they apparently didn't change anything.

But I'm repeating myself:

^ Top  
  2. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if it did a little worse, but "desperation" when the last one sold 22 million is a pretty ridiculous statement.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard

Nice.

• meh meh x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    Why all gaming journalists act as if something wasn't released on "insert current year" it is like it was made one generation ago? Fucking Borderlands 2 being outdated? Asperging shiny virtual looting collection is the basis of pretty much all current garbage online games as a service. Borderlands 2 was fucking released on 2012, not even 7 years ago and those tards are talking like some game their grandma was playing on the 70's. You need to be some special kind of head right straight on the arse smelling his own farts type of retard to think that kind of retardation makes you look intelligent.

• Brofist x 3
    • Agree x 3
    • meh x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. BrotherFrank Nouveau Riche Patron

BrotherFrank
    I wish I could say I’m surprised pcgamer’s favorite thing about BL3 is a gay relationship.

• Funny Funny x 12
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    I don't really watch Giant Bomb anymore since the team broke up (or died) but I'm surprised they gave it negative coverage, since last I knew Gerstmann loved the series.

^ Top  
  7. GrainWetski Arcane

GrainWetski
    Gotta consume new products.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Valky Arcane Manlet

Valky
    These games are total shit.

edit: Also, the trailers make them look incredibly degenerate.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    • Agree x 3
    • Salute x 3
    • Brofist x 2
    • Yes x 1
    • Absolutely Haram x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Swigen Savant

Swigen
    Playing Borderlands 3 right now and I think I’m having a good time!

• cuck x 7
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    • NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 2
    • Participation Award x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Edgy x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. TheHeroOfTime Arcane

TheHeroOfTime
    Looks like the game has a hell of a DRM via Denuvo. Don't expect it to be cracked any time soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny x 11
    • hopw roewur ne x 4
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Rage x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Tehdagah Arcane

Tehdagah
    In the end normal consumers are punished because of pirates :negative:

• incline incline x 11
    • Up Yours Up Yours x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Valky Arcane Manlet

Valky
    Did your wives boyfriends get the game for you two?

• Funny Funny x 16
    ^ Top  
  13. Agame Arcane Patron

Agame
    And nothing of value was lost...

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. taviow Magister

taviow
    To be clear I don't support the bullshit method they used to protect the game. That said, I always found it fucking stupid that people genuinely thought this game would be cracked in one day. Fuck, really? With everyone proudly announcing that they were gonna pirate it due to the Fuck Epic hate? It was obvious Gearbox was gonna protect this thing. I didn't expect their DRM to be this crazy, but I expected the game not to be easy to crack.

• Yes Yes x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Agame Arcane Patron

Agame
    If only Gaben wasnt such a giant cuck and had enforced the Steam policy to make them release simultaneously, kind of amazed by this, surely they will lose a ton of revenue to Epic eating their lunch.

^ Top  
  16. Valky Arcane Manlet

Valky
    When you double down on paid exclusivity to the store selling your product and DRM that would be flaggable as a trojan, it speaks of how little belief you have in your product's ability to make sales based on merit and intrinsic quality.

• Yes Yes x 4
    • sheeple sheeple x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. taviow Magister

taviow
    Well, maybe I was wrong.

Check this out:
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Could be fake? I don't know.

EDIT: It is indeed fake.

• FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Valky Arcane Manlet

Valky
    Game is shit, only cucks would disagree, but I want that drm to get cracked ASAP just to put denuvo out of a job. What they are doing at this point isn't protecting IP, it's openly shitting in customers mouths at best, increasingly trending to being blatantly criminal.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  19. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    ROFL,and people pay money to get fucked that hard.....buahahahahaha.

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Valky Arcane Manlet

Valky
  21. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    Just give the chinks all your passwords already.

• Yes Yes x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. taviow Magister

taviow
    Btw I'm not sure if even the Discord posts above are real. I have found no info to corroborate them at all.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    BD3 is first fame of all games that showed me that i5-3570K and GTX980 is not enough lol
    Or their Denuvo is acting and eating all resources. My cpu and gpu are at constant 100%.

As for game player around 10 hours with friend. It is much better than BL2.

- quest structure is the same aka they give you crap fetch quests but this time unlike BL2 there is fast travel so you don't need to walk around left and right 1000 times. You can also fast travel to your car which means after you killed booss or something you don't need to trek back now.
    - not a fan of skills. I generally don't like those "powers" but BD3 ones are even less about making your default experience more interesting. Almost half of skill for gunner are for mech which means that you need to use that mech.
    - Visually it is actually pretty good looking game, it does have some nice vistas but for sure that shouldn't require big rig like it asks for. At ultra everything which looks almost the same as everything on medium i get 40 average fps on GTX980 :/. Once you drop down to medium i hit 60fps but there are occasions where it drops below that. In fucking cell shaded game lol.
    - Presentation is better all over the place. Humor also is on point.
    - Never noticed any SJWism
    - Big issue right now is that once big fight starts it is hard to see where enemies are since a lot of crap is happening. That was an issue in BL2 but never to this scale. I wish there was option to turn off some of the special effects.
    - There is apparently LAN. Setting wise for multiplayer game looks like it was straight served from steam so there are all BL2 options + few more.
    - cooperation and coopetition. Shared loot vs instanced loot play how you like.
    - option for level scaling if you want to play with anyone regardless of level or classic mode.
    - fought 3 bosses and so far all of them were better designed.
    - gunplay feeels much much better. because this time enemies are affected by bullets you spry on them. They stagger a lot get knocked back etc. Shotgun now has more in baggage than just short range bursts. It can knockback enemies even some badasses.
    - gun design. IT is glorious. In first 10 hours i saw more weapon variety than in all BL2 and BL1 combined together.
    - Most of guns now have secondary mode of fire which does bring huge changes. Like Vladov chaingun can have second chaingun so in first mode you conserve ammo and your are more accurate while in second you use two chainguns for lower accuracy. There is a weapon in style of CB2077 where you put tracer on someone and you can shoot around corners. So far this is the highlight of BL3 and those are just normal weapons not unique ones.

Overall it is pretty good game so far.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 2
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. passerby Savant

passerby
    Photorealistic textures, models and stylised models, cartoony textures are processed exactly the same, no reason for the game to perform neither better nor worse because of that alone with the same fidelity of rendering.
    Stylised, cartoony visuals don't loose much of their appeal when you drop the settings like you did, so there is no point in complaining that the game has some future proof visual settings.

^ Top  
  25. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Nothing I've gotten on Epic's store so far even requires the client to run, I don't think they have any real DRM solution of their own. I'd suspect this is all 2ks doing, same as Denuvo'd games on Steam. Does it have an offline mode where it doesn't constantly upload shit? Or is it an always online game? I played the first two singleplayer.

• not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.