Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Breaking News! Gaider is no longer working at Bioware.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
https://twitter.com/davidgaider/status/690565564998152192

1453479181820.png

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
:dgaider:

Finally. Fuck this faggot, not that Bioware is saved or anything, it is dead for ages now. But still, I hope he retires and get the fuck out to suck gigant unicorn dicks.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I wonder if this means trouble in paradise for their unannounced new project.

As for Gaider's future: FREELANCE WRITING PARTNERS

2myrgq8.png

In all seriousness, Avellone narrative design with Gaider combat design would likely be a winning combo.

Mustawd

Tweet was posted today. You're slipping Iranaeus III. Your predecessors were much quicker on their feet.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No, he's confusing Gaider's departure from Bioware with his departure from the role of Dragon Age lead writer, which happened some time ago.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent

2myrgq8.png

In all seriousness, Avellone narrative design with Gaider combat design would likely be a winning combo.

Visual novel with excessively elaborate writing about homosexual alien couple running from evil wolves incoming.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I love this URL: http://www.polygon.com/2016/1/22/10814786/david-gaider-bioware-leaves-dragon-age-gay-character

Dragon Age lead writer leaves BioWare after 17 years
Helped create studio's first gay character

3832799709_9fcd30c01a_o.0.0.jpg

David Gaider, the writer behind popular BioWare games like Dragon Age: Inquisition andStar Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, has left the studio after nearly two decades. He announced the news himself in a tweet.

Gaider confirmed that it was his choice to leave in an email to Polygon. "It was indeed my decision, one not made easily since BioWare's been very good to me, and the parting is amicable," he wrote. "It's simply time to move onto a new challenge."

"As to where I'm headed next, that announcement will come in due time — today's about saying goodbye and packing up," he added.

Gaider's career in the gaming industry began back in 1999, when he was enlisted to work on Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn. His designs for the Windows PC RPG gave way to bigger roles and projects; he wrote for characters like HK-47 in Knights of the Old Republic and then served as the lead writer of Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark, his first project in that role.

He went on to work on and design characters for each of the Dragon Age games, starting from its initial release. He also wrote Dragon Age: The Silent Grove, the companion comic book series published by Dark Horse Comics.

Dragon Age: Inquisition, our top game of 2014, saw the openly gay writer designing a "fully gay" character for the first time. Dorian was not only the Dragon Age series' first gay cast member, but the first to be included in any BioWare game. Gaider wrote about his interest in and experience with creating more inclusive games back in February of 2014, prior to Inquisition's release.

We've reached out to both BioWare regarding Gaider's departure from the studio, and will update accordingly.

Fairfax

Arcane

2myrgq8.png

Where's that? Didn't see it on twitter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom