Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Breathing apparatus

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Bros! Where can i get the breathing apparatus as a assassin? Tried to find out on teh intarwebs and it says in the sewers, but how and where do i enter the sewers? :O HALP!

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Sewers are usually below a city and filled with water.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Trying to get into the abyss as a hybrid with 6/8/4/8/10/4 assassin. SO far the game has been great and i am mostly done with maadoran. Except the abyss. Now if i go into the 3rd town the abyss ends up closed. Any way i can reach Dead River before ganezzar?

Mozg

Arcane
You mean the well? Been there and found the machine, but cant find the apparatus >/

It's in a lockpick 4 safe. If you have low lore you need to have a loremaster tell you what it is to actually use it, too.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
You may be able to get the location of Dead River from Amza, the old lady in Inferiae Village.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Does Abyss really gets closed or you just miss the vignette saying that you slain the god?

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
I found the tube in the lockpick safe. But no apparatus :/ And abyss really gets closed if you go to ganezzar prior to completing abyss

Saark

Arcane
Patron
There's 2 tubes in the safe, aswell as some machine that you can either identify yourself as a respirator, or get one of the resident loremasters to do for you (Abukar is accessible for every background). You can equip it in the amulet slot but it won't do anything, once you're in the abyss and at the last stage you will get a prompt to use it and insert a powertube.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Wait, are we talking about the same well? I was referring the the one in madooran slums where you can dive into one side and pop out in a half buried room, open a portal and end in a room with a healing machine. Where is that other one?

Mozg

Arcane
The room with the portal on the Maadoran side has a safe in it with 2 power tubes and the breather, you're thinking of the other side with the green tube

Mozg

Arcane
The safe is in the same room as the portal, there's no more stat checks. Besides opening it I guess but I think its easier than the safe with the green tube

Look around bro

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Theres 4(5) checks. The first is getting some rubies out of the bloated corpse, that one has 8PER to see there's something in the intestines, and 7CON to get it out if I remember correctly. Getting to the room with the lockbox and the portal is DEX+CON=12. The 3rd "room" required DEX+CON=14 to find the corpse of the friend of the guy who sends you into the well in the first place, and you need like 7STR to carry the loot this dude had back out. It's unlikely you will manage to get all of those checks though.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Ok found the strongbox with the tubes and the breathing apparatus. Thanks a lot! Will get the other side after i upgrade the power armor and raise con with healing rooms :)

Saark

Arcane
Patron
There's only one more, Levir (thieves guild in maadoran) has access to it and Lorenza in Maadoran knows about another entrance aswell. It is somewhat broken though if I remember correctly, Levirs machine will require 2 jars whereas the one in the facility only needs 1.

Mozg

Arcane
I was annoyed that I couldn't kill Levir's loregirl in the optional assassin's guild way to get there to take whatever jar was on her to use on my personal autodoc in the well. You gotta pay her to do it and she can only do +1 con. You also don't get any way to say, "Hey, I have one of these. It has velvet upholstering, yours sucks" or somesuch

GlutenBurger

Cipher
There is one in Dead River guarded by radscorpions.
Is there a way to charge this one? In my current playthrough I only got to the Dead River after the Abyss was closed, and from what I can tell the only way to insert the tube is through a dialogue at the Abyss entrance.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Is there a way to charge this one? In my current playthrough I only got to the Dead River after the Abyss was closed, and from what I can tell the only way to insert the tube is through a dialogue at the Abyss entrance.
No idea, didn't try it after update.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom