Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Brigand: Oaxaca - post-apocalyptic RPG/FPS set in Mexico

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Another clip of BRIGAND BATTLES DLC, with music by Sonic Kitchen: soundcloud.com/sonic_kitchen

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
Some screenies of a user-made story being worked on (from the Discord).

Attachments

• Screenie.jpg
    Screenie.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenie2.jpg
    Screenie2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 31

Jacov

Educated
The fact that Brian is still updating the game with content is based. Looking forward to replaying Brigand once again on Nightmare sometime in the near future.

Spukrian

Savant
I finished Brigand: Panama earlier today. It was much harder than Oaxaca, mostly due to less resources. I spent about 40 hours in it, I'd say that 10 of those were me repeatedly trying to win the final fight and after dying going around scrounging for skillpoints and loot (might be an exageration). I only got 2/3 in the end because I wasn't enough of a simp... I feel Bella misunderstood me, I left her in Gamboa for most of the game because I wanted her to be safe.

The combat encounters felt like they were a bit more thought out than in Oaxaca. I really needed to use my knowledge of game mechanics and tactics to progress.

Originally I wanted to do something different this time, focus in Survival. Unfortunately, I murdered the person with 50 Survival so I went with the same as in Oaxaca: Chemistry. I made a lot of grenades and a few Boom Glaives, sadly not as useful here in Panama.

Hey Brian Lancaster I think I found some sequence breaks, or maybe not:
*In Gamboa, it's possible to just jump up on roof tops and then jump up the cliffs to go to the Gleaming Cove.
*In The Deep Canal, it's possible to jump on the roof of the chem storage, then to the cliff, then jump towards the boulder and jump again to access the exit to Lago Miraflores, thus bypassing most of Capter 3 and Chapter 4.

EDIT: Seem like I forgot to say that I really enjoyed Panama, not as much as Oaxaca but that's ok. Thanks for a good DLC!

Last edited:

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
You can still make the jump in the new patch with 70 Agility, which I think is technically possible if you sacrifice to an altar and also brew a bunch of glowing red juices, then use Run Like Hell. Butt fuck it, too lazy to patch it again.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Gotta admit, despite how janky this is, this is a heck of a lot of fun. The amount of C&C that seems to be going on here defies how most other aspects are, on a technical level, bad. I've never played a game where the whole was just so much more than the sum of its parts before.

Looking at the achievements, these completion rates are bizarre. Only 25% of players have played this for any length of time? But something like 20% have had 200 jink at one time? And barely anyone killed Zac or whatever his name is? Companions death ones have such a low rate of being gotten, yet I got Carmen's by sheer accident. What kind of bizarre playing styles do some people have?

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Looking at the achievements, these completion rates are bizarre. Only 25% of players have played this for any length of time? But something like 20% have had 200 jink at one time? And barely anyone killed Zac or whatever his name is? Companions death ones have such a low rate of being gotten, yet I got Carmen's by sheer accident. What kind of bizarre playing styles do some people have?
A lot of people play the game in debug mode so they can quicksave.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A lot of people play the game in debug mode so they can quicksave.
Yeah, in chapter 7 I got rekt so much I started playing in debug as well. That chapter was probably the most difficult part of the game, or at least with my build.

Spukrian

Savant
I played through the mini DLCs.

Fortress: It's good. It took me a few runs to learn and figure out how to beat it. It has a little bit of everything.

Squirrel: This was incredibly difficult. I managed to get through after many deaths and restarts, but in the end I felt like I won due to RNG. That said, maybe it's too easy to kill Ozee and his thugs in the beginning?

Battles/Loma Larga: After trying different builds in this one I realized that the easy way to do it is to max Cha and then just walk to the leader and kill him. That's not how I do things though, I maxed Cha, looted everything and then killed every Kalfu in the map.

Battles/Junk Fort: This one is just like Loma Larga except your friends don't respawn. Doesn't matter though, I went through it the same way as Loma Larga.

Battles/Creeper: This is a bit harder. Basically just kill and survive untill the creeper spawns, then just run to Boris and hope the Creeper doesn't see you. The Creeper is really cool, never saw it in Oaxaca or Panama, but maybe it only appears to characters who use a lot of Voodoo.

Battles/Watering Hole: I had a lot of trouble with this one, mostly because I wanted both Balistic and Osito to survive. Eventually I got it. The android seems bugged, can't be enabled, can't be controlled, can't be overridden.

Onto Nightmare next...

Nice DLCs, thank you Brian Lancaster!

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
Fuck ya, thank you for Watering Hole Android bug report. Will be fixed in next patch.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's working. You just have to use the Master Techie Hardware ability on it first, so you need 50 Hardware (because it's unlimited rockets). It tells you this if you interact with it.

Last edited:

Spukrian

Savant
So I finished Brigand: Nightmare about a month ago.

There were some bugs in it, not present in Oaxaca. The only gamestopping bugs though... was fixed before I could report it, becuse someone else reported them before me.

Unfortunately, I only experiencened the Big Spider three times. Once in the Oaxacan Jungles, once in the Secret Grove Island, and once in the Final Battle (in the Final Battle somehow the Big Spider starting attacking the End Game Boss, I didn't mind).

I tried out some Voodoo this time. It was fun, but sadly it wasn't useful when I most needed it (killing Uncle Bob).

I liked Brigannd: Nightmare alot. It is the way you should experience this game!

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Tried the game...refunded. Love the hardcore intent, but not the hardcore jank, among other concerns. Obviously impressive for a one-man show though.

No Review/10.

Its like Medal of Honor 1 but in Mexico

What? Game's nothing like the original Medal of Honor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom