Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Brigand: Oaxaca - post-apocalyptic RPG/FPS set in Mexico

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
The Panama DLC is on itch.io right now: https://blancaster45.itch.io/ so you can just copy the files into the Steam folder and still get achievements.

Steam has been trying to help for a week now, but still nothing. If it doesn't work by next month, I have a backup plan for Steam, which involves me making a lot less money.

Last edited:

Skdursh

Savant
I've been meaning to pick this up and play it for a while now. I played the demo a long time ago and had a good time with it. Does it have workshop on Steam or is there basically no difference between getting it on Steam or getting it on Itch.io?

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
Unfortunately, the DarkBASIC Steam plugin I'm using pretty much only allows for achievements, no workshop. I'll have to start using ModDB or something for user-made content. Suggestions are welcome.

You can get Oaxaca on Steam and get the Panama expansion on https://blancaster45.itch.io/ even though it's a pain in the ass. If the DLC doesn't work on Steam soon, I'll just combine them and raise the price on that website. Don't tell anyone my plan, though.

EDIT: Also Steam auto-updates, itch makes you download new updates and also copy your old save to the new folder.

Last edited:
so i just bought this purely on this thread alone

downloading now, might be able to play some before i crash but we'll see

nice 360-odd MB download hahahaha eat shit triple AAAA 4K textures and cutscenes

anyway, glad to be supporting a codexian developer, albeit under the radar somewhat

gotta say the steam reviews are very good

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Watched the trailer videos on steam. Guy gets killed by a mexican throwing cinder-blocks at him. That's an insta-buy for me.
Anyone knows how long the game is?

Jinn

Arcane
Watched the trailer videos on steam. Guy gets killed by a mexican throwing cinder-blocks at him. That's an insta-buy for me.
Anyone knows how long the game is?

Seems like a number of people who left reviews on steam with higher logged hours seem to be at around 50-60 hours, so I'd guess around there.

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
Probably around 25 hours, but it is definitely fun going through a 2nd time. A few people did it 3 times.

Just because I know how everything works, it would take me around 10-15. You can also cheat and use quicksave, and it will be much quicker.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
gotta say the steam reviews are very good

Not that steam reviews matter much nowadays when consumer standard is shit, but imo the game is not unlike what you would expect from a Morrowind spiritual successor. Authentic setting and free-form gameplay, plenty of biomes, good difficulty.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You can also cheat and use quicksave, and it will be much quicker.

How do I quicksave? I must know :M

Also, once the DLC hits Steam properly I'll buy it. Loved what I played of the game, definitely wanna see more.

I'll pay extra for playable female character if that ever happens :M

Keep at it, bro. This game has soul and personality. Interesting and unique setting, rewarding exploration, cool character system. This is the kind of game I wish more small indie devs would push out.

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
To quicksave, turn on editor mode in the launcher app. F3 is quicksave, but you won't get Steam achievements in editor mode.

There's never gonna be a female character because I don't know how to model, and I have limited character models, and also I hate women.

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I want to play as a woman that uses sex to go through the game. Maybe add a skill called "Kegel Exercises" that controls how much pleasure dudes get from boffing you?

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
Can you make a semi hybrid character in this game, it's been compared to morrowind here, and I just want to fuck around with some different weapons maybe practice some voodoo, is this an autistic min maxing game

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
Yes, you really do need to diversify. There are 14 skills, about 80 abilities, so you have to choose good skill pairs. Example: Chemistry lets you make grenades and poison blades, Strength lets you throw weapons farther, so good combo. Guns and Voodoo is good, but I wouldn't upgrade both firearms skills along with Voodoo. Mix Charisma to get teammates and Medicine to heal them while they are fighting.

Morkar Left

If I start playing now without the DLC can I install it later and play with my old save?

Btw. till it's thematically fitting:
Kincade Fire: Chicago couple's smoky wedding photo at Sonoma County vineyard goes viral

EH_mH6iX0AAs8aB

Jinn

Arcane
Brian Lancaster

Is the Laughing Coyote in-game character modeled after yourself, and if so, do you often mutter to yourself "Chaos is restless"?

Also, I have a vague recollection of you mentioning plans for your next game. Have you been taking any steps forward with that?

Last edited:

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
I don't understand the point of letting the player fix a boat for 5 skill points and then instantly killing them for using it

The logical thing to do would be to make the boat take more skill points to fix, so when the player is able to fix it they would have a chance to fight due to being higher level, but I can see how a developer who hates their own player would set that up

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom