Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Brigand: Oaxaca - post-apocalyptic RPG/FPS set in Mexico

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
I got a fuckin free Community Pack DLC still getting approved on Steam, so this will go in there with hi-res character textures. I gotta cut off the tail ends of all of them first tho. Otherwise they are fuckin superb.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
thank you brian. i gathered like half a million samples from soundsnap and used them in conjunction with the foley library that's been collecting dust in my google drive for years.

also, i had the vulture .44 in mind when i did the 'mag' series of sounds. do you think you can code in sounds for the revolver so i can make something for it that actually fits?

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
Yeah, I don't have to code anything new. It's all handled in the .bsl scripts which can be edited with notepad. I could easily have two random sounds for each gun.

ALSO: Please give me a name to put in the community pack credits, also a website if you want.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, I don't have to code anything new. It's all handled in the .bsl scripts which can be edited with notepad. I could easily have two random sounds for each gun.

ALSO: Please give me a name to put in the community pack credits, also a website if you want.

just put "FEDSMOKER from rpgcodex" - i'd rather use my online nom-de-guerre instead of my real name lol

also i'll see if i can scratch together some sounds for the revolver soon

Last edited:

Deleted Member 16721

loving the game brian. any chance u could implement a time slowing mechanic like outer worlds/fallout 4? it's hard to aim at really fast moving creatures. maybe the feature could use meta while the time is slowed or something, i dunno. but yeah, loving the game! so much interactivity with the world, it's pretty neat. Cheers!

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
I was thinking about a time-slowing ability a long time ago. But since I don't wanna change the whole list of abilities by cramming it in at the top of the list with Willpower, I might just replace the Meditation ability. Anyway, no promises.

Deleted Member 16721

I was thinking about a time-slowing ability a long time ago. But since I don't wanna change the whole list of abilities by cramming it in at the top of the list with Willpower, I might just replace the Meditation ability. Anyway, no promises.

sounds good! I'm really enjoying it man. u can tell it's a labor of love. so much fun items to play with, books to read, guns to shoot and i haven't even touched the crafting yet. i think it's like deus ex meets gothic meets stalker. really cool!

Deleted Member 16721

The sounds sound good. Good job fed.

Brian Lancaster , can you give me a spoiler-free hint on how to open the gate near the poisoned water in the Pochutla sewers? I get there, there's a dead man and a note but no way to open the door. I'm guessing maybe it has something to do with the computer terminal back a ways in the Topo Tracks but increasing the water flow or opening the cells doesn't seem like it's going to do much. Any tips for this area?

Deleted Member 16721

Good stuff Brian Lancaster , appreciate it.

Any way you could make text bigger at 1080p resolution? I find it unplayable due to text size at that resolution.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Started to play and encountered a huge wall of choice and not sure how to proceed. Upon clicking "play" from my Steam library I was offered 4 different launch options and no idea which to pick. I promptly hit cancel and came here to post. Help.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Started to play and encountered a huge wall of choice and not sure how to proceed. Upon clicking "play" from my Steam library I was offered 4 different launch options and no idea which to pick. I promptly hit cancel and came here to post. Help.

02oWWfK.png

the top option will give you this:

68UJqPW.png

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
well, the game engine is held together with chewing gum and string, and it's practically ancient, so that's to be expected

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
yo yo yo i just finished these. i'll forward them to you brian

15jNmXJ.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom