Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bright Memory: Infinite - FPS/character action hybrid

toughasnails

https://af.gog.com/game/bright_memory_infinite?as=1649904300

This looks p great, it's getting rave user reviews right now

I know about the original Bright Memory but I understood that it was more of a demo or prototype than a full fledged game while this look infinitely (heh) meatier. The melee combat looks fantastic, more like direction I hoped the Shadow Warrior reboot's sequels to go.
And yes, it's another new indie FPS with a waifu protagonist.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spukrian

Savant
If you bought the earlier version (which was 90 minutes of fun with replayability) you get the new version for free!

I'll get back to this thread after playing it a bit.

Spukrian

Savant
I got stuck early in the game. There's a difficult jump I can't make... or I'm too dumb and/or drunk to figure out what to do.

EDIT: Apparently the tutorial text instructing me to walljump didn't appear for me yesterday. Weird.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
This looks really good, but it has full-blown regen health seemingly. That is some faggy decline.

Spukrian

Savant
The game is hard and I die alot despite regenerating health. Playing on the normal difficulty. It's fun!

The shotgun has a slower rate of fire than in the old version but maybe it does more damage, I can't tell.

The first boss seems to be immune to bullets, just like the first boss in the old version.

Just reached the forced stealth section. Seems stealth is only based on viewcones.

Spukrian

Savant
Well, I'm at the final boss (I think) and I'm just not good enough to beat him.

Gmanlives finished the game in 90 min or so he says... I've played for about 4 hrs, I guess my reflexes and hand to eye coordination isn't as good as his:

I'll replay it on easy... :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom