Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Broken Pieces: French Psychological Horror

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Just started this with low expectations and knowing next to nothing about it. Thought it was going to be a point and click, but I was just instinctively associating it with Broken Sword.

Actually having some very good first impressions.

It seems to be going for a psychological horror angle with the protagonist stuck all alone in a remote French village, while also dealing with loss (of her husband/boyfriend, not sure yet).

Limited inventory space akin to Resident Evil (but not nearly as bad as in Them and Us), combat is also like in early Resi where you can't move while shooting. Seems to also maybe have some magic of some sort?
Haven't got to do any of the puzzles yet.

Very happy with how it looks thus far. There's nice animations, attention to environmental detail and no empty space.
Decent graphics options, scales well (just get rid of that awful sharpening).

Very good soundscape, the tapes are well done and ambient audio is quite spooky.
Voiceacting is alright. I tried the French voices as well and can attest to English being of much higher quality.

I just hope the atmosphere gets a bit more oppressive and threatening and I expect I'll be having a good time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom