Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Broken Ranks - F2P Isometric Turn Based MMO

randir14

Augur

The world of Broken Ranks is a place that does not forgive weakness. Lands where humans carved their enclaves in the wilderness are ruled by ruthless laws of history and politics. Monstrous beings, always thirsty for human blood, lurk outside of cities and villages. And amidst all of this are normal people who are just trying to live their everyday lives and survive for yet another day.

Exploration, either by yourself or in a party, plays a very important role in the gameplay of Broken Ranks. Visit vibrant cities, remote mountaintops, mysterious settlements, and terrifying ruins inhabited by powerful creatures that cast a shadow over the human world. To the brave adventurers who dare to defeat the most powerful monsters, the world offers riches, fame, and power. To the weak and scared, only oblivion.

https://brokenranks.com/

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
o7e3rea5.jpg

Yep, exactly like BG and HoMM.

randir14

Augur
I played it for a few minutes and it doesn't even let you change the resolution as far as I could tell. Not a good first impression.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Locations have nice visuals but they feel somewhat miniaturised in my opinion. Some sidequests have some variations, for example there was this early sidequest with village mayor election, you had 3 candidates, you could do tasks for them and by that i mean finding other candidates dirt. During elections you will show proofs of other candidates corruption from your findings and if you additionally searched for your employer's dirt you could fuck his position and get additional payment from local city bureaucrats. And during certain phases of that quest you probably could finish it earlier by refusing doing more and taking part of payment. Typical MMO grind quests are also there, tasks/jobs or whatever they are called in english version but they are separate from normal quests.

Last edited:

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This game released yesterday, all the game servers crashed when everyone tried to log in.

Media is saying its because they demand for the game was unexpected. Guess time will tell.

Codex Year of the Donut
pretty fun actually
more like a typical cRPG than an MMO, except you see other people in town. Lots of dialogue.

Codex Year of the Donut
pretty fun actually
more like a typical cRPG than an MMO, except you see other people in town. Lots of dialogue.
The biggest caveat is that you have to like jrpg-like combat. Not a deal-breaker for me, but I know a lot of people here hate it. So besides that... it's not bad? I had fun playing it. Idk if I'll play it again.
The game is pretty though. And a lot of the quests tend to have quite a few choices which is fairly unique for the genre.

Also the game covers some grownup material like
some dude raping his daughter
they probably should have just made a real crpg instead, likely would have sold well as there's a solid foundation here, especially with better combat.
Come to think of it, if I had to compare it to anything I'd strangely compare it to Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom