Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Broken Roads now being published by Versus Evil, coming in 2023

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
That's pretty light on descriptions, Pillars sty would be 5 paragraphs vomited straight out thesaurus.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Implying that Baldur's Gate is superior to Fallout should be punishable by death. Although shitty Disco Elysium being mentioned next to the best RPG is even worse.
Broken Roads - Official Gamescom Trailer_20220819_194049.567.jpg

Anyway, I used to be excited whenever post-apocalyptic game would come out but enough is enough. I would much prefer some fresh setting instead of more of the same (that's why I'm excited about Colony Ship and the next IT game about Inquisition). Nowadays it's sequel after sequel (or prequel sometimes) or a Fallout/BG clone. It wouldn't be that bad if it was executed well but after seeing this trailer I doubt I'll even bother to check the "demo".

Skdursh

Savant
Opens with: "What comes up, must come down."
Ends with: "You ain't seen nothing yet."

:prosper:

"OMG WOW SO DEEP LITERAL CHILLS EZ GOTY 11/10" - IGN
"Incredibly thoughtful and moving strong independent woman with a bat breaks the knees of some twink, but only half the cast is transgender, but they paid us enough to mostly ignore it... this time. 8/10" - Kotaku
"Truly a HARDCORE RPG for OLD SCHOOL gamers. Fans of Skyrim, Disco Elysium and Cyberpunk 2077 will fall absolutely love with this game. 9/10" - PCGamer

"Literal garbage, likely the genesis for the actual Apocalypse. Anyone who plays this is worse than Space Hitler and should be put to work for the rest of their short and miserable life in the Sulphur mines. -1000000/10" - RPGCODEX

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
I hope we don't get some premade character and we are allowed to build our own version of Crocodille Dundee or Mad Max. They would fit like a glove in this game.

They could get Mel to do some voice acting. At this stage of his career his doing a lot of 10-15 mins appearences in low budget garbage movies.

Fargus

Arcane
They could get Mel to do some voice acting. At this stage of his career his doing a lot of 10-15 mins appearences in low budget garbage movies.
Bro, i agree. They totally should ask him to do a few rants and leave them as recordings scattered throughout the game.

Acrux

Arcane
I hope we don't get some premade character and we are allowed to build our own version of Crocodille Dundee or Mad Max. They would fit like a glove in this game.

According to the devs, player characters are customized.
...you create a character with one of four origin stories, select attributes and skills, answer questions about moral dilemmas your character faced in the past, and then meet companion NPCs as you adventure through the game.
-----
There's no party creation, only player character creation - the rest of your party companions are all fully written with their own back stories, interests, motivations and moral leanings.
-----
We don't have any pre-generated characters at the moment, as players will need to define their character's attributes, skills, and moral leaning at the start of the game.
-----
...yes, full character creation, male and female, four origin stories, six attributes (Strength, Resolve, Agility, Intelligence, Charisma & Awareness) and 24 skills to customise. Plus, there are tens of thousands of possible moral compass locations, making for almost limitless character creation options.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Too early to tell whether it'll be shit or not. What was in the trailer was neither impressive or particularly concerning. Sure, there is useless descriptive text there, but as long as there aren't 4 or more paragraphs of it I don't particularly care. Bit of a mistake from the artist to make everyone face straight towards the viewer in the portraits. I'd have to see more of the combat, C&C, build options and general writing to really have a strong opinion of this.

Oberon

Learned
Too early to tell whether it'll be shit or not. What was in the trailer was neither impressive or particularly concerning. Sure, there is useless descriptive text there, but as long as there aren't 4 or more paragraphs of it I don't particularly care. Bit of a mistake from the artist to make everyone face straight towards the viewer in the portraits. I'd have to see more of the combat, C&C, build options and general writing to really have a strong opinion of this.
I guarantee it will be low grade woke garbage that walks on eggshells to avoid anything that could be seen as too interesting or ambiguous for the cancel mobs.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Too early to tell whether it'll be shit or not.

you see, unlike you, most people here are genre veterans with 20-30 yrs of playing these games under their belt

so no, you don't have to eat shit to know how it tastes like

isn't god great?

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
i could have sworn that back when this first was announced, they had touted it as having writing by mca

edit: was thinking of “burden of command”

Last edited:

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
Too long! Time for you to retire, uncle
How about you take a retirement from the storyfaggotry for a while, and create a meaningful expansion instead of these pointless dlcs.

Name it "Gameplay" expansion, make the skills active as well, create puzzles/problems and allow us to investigate and solve police problems in various ways.

If you're doubtful of its success, you can use Encyclopedia as a hint system for the casuals.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Too long! Time for you to retire, uncle
How about you take a retirement from the storyfaggotry for a while, and create a meaningful expansion instead of these pointless dlcs.

Name it "Gameplay" expansion, make the skills active as well, create puzzles/problems and allow us to investigate and solve police problems in various ways.

If you're doubtful of its success, you can use Encyclopedia as a hint system for the casuals.
Um, you do realise he doesnt work in ZA/UM any more?

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Implying that Baldur's Gate is superior to Fallout should be punishable by death. Although shitty Disco Elysium being mentioned next to the best RPG is even worse.
View attachment 27218
Anyway, I used to be excited whenever post-apocalyptic game would come out but enough is enough. I would much prefer some fresh setting instead of more of the same (that's why I'm excited about Colony Ship and the next IT game about Inquisition). Nowadays it's sequel after sequel (or prequel sometimes) or a Fallout/BG clone. It wouldn't be that bad if it was executed well but after seeing this trailer I doubt I'll even bother to check the "demo".
I am left with so many questions.

Do people actually equate Disco Elysium to Fallout or Baldur's Gate? I didn't play it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom