Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Broken Roads now being published by Versus Evil, coming in 2023

Longshanks

Augur
As someone who lives in Western Australia, where this game is set, literally nobody sounds like the 'Australian' narrator in this trailer. Possibly Australian... but an Australian trying their hardest to sound as Australian as possible and in doing so completely fails and makes me cringe.
As Infinitron already posted, Jack Charles. Very Australian. This is in the range of his normal acting, even speaking voice. I reckon he's a good choice for the narration, something distinctive at least.

Harthwain

Magister
I would never equate Disco Elysium with Baldur's Gate; the former has better gameplay. :M
Frankly though, I do wish for a game like Baldur's Gate to be much more involved on the RPG side. There is just not enough interacting with the world in RPGs in general. I do like Baldur's Gate mainly because it really tried to be an RPG more than Icewind Dale (which is almost strictly a tactical game with RPG ruleset), but it's still not quite enough to fully satisfy my craving.

Last edited:
There have been very few RPGs historically that had substantial C&C, and most or even all of those had terrible gameplay or other shortcomings.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom