Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Broken Roads - turn-based Australian post-apocalyptic RPG with "unique morality system" - coming April 10th

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Thanks, art team been hard at it. Stoked to show off some new location details.

Full art team live stream tomorrow 7pm AEST.

EDIT: Today we played the game live as part of the Melbourne International Games Week Steam Festival, and here's the video of my awful livestreaming skills:

The visuals are too clean for a post-apo world.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thanks, art team been hard at it. Stoked to show off some new location details.

Full art team live stream tomorrow 7pm AEST.

EDIT: Today we played the game live as part of the Melbourne International Games Week Steam Festival, and here's the video of my awful livestreaming skills:

The visuals are too clean for a post-apo world.
It's Australia. The emus ate all the trash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Going by RPG staples, if the family is nice and welcoming they will have you for dinner, as the dinner.

Contagium

Savant
Patron
Looking at all the screenshots and reading some of the posts, I'm getting this weird feeling. It's in the pit of my stomach and makes my heart beat just a little faster. Is that.... excitement? Haven't felt that from a game in a while. This looks amazing.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
This is a post-apocalyptic future, and we're trying to make it as realistic as possible

Bro tbh you have fruit crates and fridges stacked with drinks everwhere. Coffee shops, pubs. Looks more like Stardew Valley than post-apoc.

Compare this to Fallout where finding a piece of rotten fruit actually means something (for whoever called it a "brilliant callback to Fallout")

Craig Ritchie

Drop Bear Bytes
Developer
This is a post-apocalyptic future, and we're trying to make it as realistic as possible
Bro tbh you have fruit crates and fridges stacked with drinks everwhere.

Yep, fridges stacked with drinks everywhere is full Australia. And there's farming. This isn't Fallout. And there's no coffee shops. If it looks like that in the pic, likely the remaining building/shopfront from one of the towns.

Compare this to Fallout where finding a piece of rotten fruit actually means something (for whoever called it a "brilliant callback to Fallout")

For sure. No argument there. We're doing some things the same, and trying some things quite different.

Craig Ritchie

Drop Bear Bytes
Developer
Looking at all the screenshots and reading some of the posts, I'm getting this weird feeling. It's in the pit of my stomach and makes my heart beat just a little faster. Is that.... excitement? Haven't felt that from a game in a while. This looks amazing.

Thanks - hoping we deliver on that excitement and turn this into the game we're envisioning. The team are working fucking hard to make this happen.

Trithne

Erudite
This comes up a lot. Woke is not something we go for. This is a post-apocalyptic future, and we're trying to make it as realistic as possible (realistic in the sense that yes, there's some obvious genre stuff/sci fi/people can shoot each other with guns and then have a sleep and all their hit points can be cured kind of believable).

I'm big on not having contemporary social issues/woke stuff pull you out of the fantasy when you're playing.

I think it was one of the articles above where I was interviewed and spoke about this. I don't think games need to be activism as well. I don't think games need to be a platform for social justice and change and whatever. People are getting enough of that elsewhere. Down time/relaxing/escapism/FUN is just fine.

Are you sure you're from Melbourne?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom