Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Broken Sword The Serpent's Curse

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I think it can get to 800k. I so wish they'd reach 1 million, though.

Some guy from their team said in the comments that BASS2 might happen regardless, but reaching 1 million now would speed up the process.

Astral Rag

Arcane
[tag]Astral Rag[/tag] seems to have some connection with the project, maybe he can clear this up about who the writers are.

I'm afraid I don't have inside information, I'm Just a fan of the original BS games. :)

Glad to see this project got funded so quick.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, they probably won't reach a million, but they've still been quite successful. They're certain to be the 2nd most funded adventure game kickstarter behind Double Fine, which is cool. I do hope they make it to 800k so the game could be fully fleshed out as mentioned in the stretch goals.

kaizoku

Arcane
edit: damn it Zed! : x

38 minutes to go and it's at $812,682 Pledged with 15,094 Backers
http://revolution.co.uk/kickstarter/paypal

Not the desired $1M, but not too shabby at all.

I hope they don't fuck this up.
If they do, it may be the end of Revolution, since most people didn't like BS3 or BS4.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Glad to see it got funded. And yeah, Revolution better make one hell of a good BS game or it will be goodbye. :salute:

catfood

AGAIN

Deleted member 7219

Don't forget that Kickstarted games like Broken Sword, Tex Murphy, Project Eternity etc are likely to get extra funding from other sources. Kickstarter is more important for indie efforts like Dead State.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Well, the point is to do without publishers. Otherwise, I don't know what other sources. Not everybody has "mysterious friends" like the Tex Murphy guys.

kaizoku

Arcane
For those who backed and are wondering about updates, check their site and login to your backer account.

No worthwhile update, but still for those wondering...

Dexter

Arcane
Prettier than broken age, though...
I disagree, the faux 3D is kind of annoying and the character animations only make it worse for me, although some of the backgrounds look real pretty like.

The only/main problem I have with Broken Age is some of the character design.

Compare with first game:

RPGMaster

Savant
It's the same type of art style that made me quit Runaway after an hour.

Why not do traditional 2D art?

Also they seem to have turned Nico into the Heavy Rain slut.

Wizfall

Cipher
Looks ok.
Really like the traditional 2D art of the first two much more, and it's not nostalgia because i discover this series only 2/3 years ago.
The only great one is BS1 IMO, the next BS were much less enjoying including 2.
However each BS sequel, despite their flaws, were quite enjoying in the end and after some time left a surprising good memory.
I expect the same with this one now, even if i was expecting better first.
I should have pledge.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom