Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Broken Sword The Serpent's Curse

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I did like how the old fat art-critic pervert looks like Depardieu and is (probably) friend with the russian putin-lookalike :lol:

L-accueil-de-Gerard-Depardieu-en-Russie-flatte-Vladimir-Poutine_article_popin.jpg

TripJack

Hedonist
yes

writing in broken sword 1 was p fucking bland, i mean the height of amusement was the turk street vendor trying to sell me his kebabs but then the game kicks me in the dick and doesn't even let me buy one from the poor fellow!

and maybe you played in french or some other language but the english voiceovers were p fucking awful for the most part, it got to the point where i was speed-clicking through the dialogue just to avoid hearing more

a true learning animal would've just gone into the options and turned the speech volume to 0, but i guess i'm not one of those

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Laine or whatever his name is was in BS2 too, don't think it has anything to do with Depardieu+Putin.

TripJack:

Dunno, bro, I liked it lol

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
- Short like a motherfucker. Took me 5:40 to get through it, so the full game is supposed to be just 11 hours? Derp.

I really don't understand how 12-14 hours is "short like a motherfucker" for a $20 adventure game. That's over twice the length of Monkey Island, which was $50 in 80's prices.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
- Short like a motherfucker. Took me 5:40 to get through it, so the full game is supposed to be just 11 hours? Derp.
That's over twice the length of Monkey Island, which was $50 in 80's prices.
If you got through Monkey Island in 6 hours when it came out without any walkthrough, then you are some kind of sorcerer. Or are lying through your teeth.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
If you got through Monkey Island in 6 hours when it came out without any walkthrough, then you are some kind of sorcerer. Or are lying through your teeth.

Well it certainly wasn't some 20 hour epic, and it was two and a half times more expensive. I still don't get the short complaint.

Keshik

Arcane
If it's 12 hours for the first piece that's not too bad, in my mind, and for the price.

Just started it, encountering some strange bug with the waiter where he reverted to treating Nico like 'one of them'. Dialogue also seems sluggish, not made any better by the characters needing to perform some animation before they get to speaking - but I suppose that is a minor quibble and I am being impatient.

DeepOcean

Arcane
That's over twice the length of Monkey Island, which was $50 in 80's prices.
While I agree that 6 hours is too little, Monkey Island 1 is quite short and linear, I think is a problem of Serpent Curse being easier as most people are reporting ending it without getting stuck too much.

curry

Arcane
Just FYI, there are a couple of game breaking bugs where the game freezes if you are using Modern UI. If you change you Classic UI you can avoid these bugs.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
So, supposedly the second part was coming at the end of March. Are there any news ?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
They just released the Android version of part 1 yesterday, so they're probably moving on to developing part 2 now.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yes, there has been news. The head of Revolution posted a dev diary a few days ago where he said that they're reaching the end of part two, and are recording the final voice-overs now. So hopefully it will be out soon.

Keshik

Arcane
We are so excited about the forthcoming release of Episode 2. Our team have been working tirelessly the past few weeks to reach the point we are now at, and we are very close to completion. All the game assets are in place, script has been locked, and the game is currently being thoroughly tested.

As ever in this industry, there have been minor setbacks that require immediate attention. Due to this, we intend to release Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse Episode 2 for PC/Mac/Linux in the first half of April, as we feel it is worth taking a short while to really polish the game. We are certain that you will see the worthwhile effects of this decision.

Thank you for accompanying us on this journey so far. It's been a tumultuous but extremely enjoyable one. We really appreciate your patience while we put the finishing touches to your game.

On their official FB.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I decided to wait for both to be out, since that seems like the best expe....

Fuck who am I kidding, I never play point and click adventures anymore. This will just be one more for the backlog pile. :cry:

Cadmus

Arcane
Oh my, I had no idea this existed! I just finished BS2 and I hated it, it was so juvenile and cringy and not funny at all. BS1 was great though. I think the main problem was the stupid story and jungle setting. BS2 also felt much shorter than BS1 but maybe it was because it was harder to get stuck due to no choice in locations.

Keshik

Arcane
We are delighted to let you know that Broken Sword – the Serpent’s Curse: Episode 2 will be releasing at 6pm BST today for PC, Mac and Linux. PS Vita, iOS and Android are to follow soon.

In this second episode, you will burst out from Paris and London, going on to stunning locations throughout Spanish Catalonia and to deepest Iraq, the birthplace of civilisation. This episode ramps up the drama, as well as the difficulty – and concludes the themes set up in the first episode. Charles is currently writing a Director’s Message which will aim to encapsulate the historical themes that he wanted to convey through the game.

Both in its inception, and its completion, the Serpent’s Curse has been one of the first high profile Kickstarter projects to ship, and the Revolution team are deeply appreciative of the support, generosity, and indeed patience of our fans.

On their FB

Press release here http://www.gamasutra.com/view/press...w_available_on_Steam_GOGcom_and_Get_Games.php

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Already?!

BUT I'M ONLY IN THE MIDDLE OF MOEBIUS HERE

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom