Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[BUG] Bandaging Cliff's Girlfriend

Old One

Arcane
I restarted after the new patches (version 1.0.0.10). I think I've discovered a fairly serious bug, and I don't know whether anyone else has experienced it before because you have to do something kind of silly first.

There I was rescuing Cliff's girlfriend from the burrowers near Junkyard... When I saw her hiding in that small room, I noticed that her health bar was very low. Since I had bandaged Cliff (I've got the Doctor perk, BTW) to save his life before entering the complex, I thought I'd do the same with Jenny. I think her name was Jenny. I managed to stealth up close to her, and began bandaging her wounds.

After a short delay, but before bandaging was finished, we auto-entered conversation mode. At the end of conversation mode, Jenny and I auto-exited the complex. At least, that's what was supposed to happen. Instead I got a "Failed Transition" error message. I assume this has something to do with trying to transition while bandaging is still ongoing.

The BEST part, though, is that after the first crash, the game would crash or freeze every time on certain transitions. I couldn't enter the ventilation system without a lock-up, at least.

I solved the problem by completely deleting the autosave, folder and all. After that, everything worked fine again. Really odd.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Could you post the transition and crash error logs. They should be in Documents\My Games\Underrail.

Old One

Arcane
Could you post the transition and crash error logs. They should be in Documents\My Games\Underrail.

I've got two transition error files.

TransitionError-2016-01-26T21-33-05.txt

Game Version: 1.0.0.10
Error: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Failed to retrieve method element name for method 'Void a(System.Object, b38)' declared in type 'asf'.
at aja.a(Delegate A_0)
at aja.WriteEvent[T](String eventName, EventHandler`1 eventHandler, SerializationInfo info)
at alc.GetObjectData(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext ctx)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.InitSerialize(Object obj, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext context, SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter converter, ObjectWriter objectWriter, SerializationBinder binder)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.Serialize(Object obj, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext context, SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter converter, ObjectWriter objectWriter, SerializationBinder binder)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectWriter.Serialize(Object graph, Header[] inHeaders, __BinaryWriter serWriter, Boolean fCheck)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Serialize(Stream serializationStream, Object graph, Header[] headers, Boolean fCheck)
at ai.a(Stream A_0, Object A_1, SerializationBinder A_2, Int64 A_3)
at ai.SerializeToBinary[T](T obj, SerializationBinder binder, Stream targetStream, Int64 currentDataModelVersion, Boolean embedDataModelVersion, Boolean resetStreamPositionAtTheEnd)
at ai.SerializeToBinaryFile[T](String filePath, T obj, SerializationBinder binder, Int64 currentDataModelVersion, Boolean embedDataModelVersion)
at bpe.a(bnw A_0)
at bfe.a(a31 A_0, bv0 A_1, kr A_2)
at bfe.adl()
at akz.xs(aks A_0)
at z3.e(aks A_0)
at bb5.a(aks A_0)
at bb5.b(aks A_0)
at bb5.cy(aks A_0)
at z3.g(aks A_0)

TransitionError-2016-01-26T21-33-10.txt

Game Version: 1.0.0.10
Error: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Marcus Valerius Mus\Documents\My Games\Underrail\cgtemp\glent\jy_jenny.ue'.
File name: 'C:\Users\Marcus Valerius Mus\Documents\My Games\Underrail\cgtemp\glent\jy_jenny.ue'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at ai.DeserializeFromBinaryFile[T](String filePath, SerializationBinder binder, Boolean tryToRetrieveDataModelVersion)
at bpe.b()
at a2v.a(String A_0, bnw& A_1, b5z& A_2)
at bfe.a(String A_0, String A_1, String A_2, b5z& A_3)
at bfe.adk()
at a2n.xs(aks A_0)
at z3.e(aks A_0)
at bb5.a(aks A_0)
at bb5.b(aks A_0)
at bb5.cy(aks A_0)
at z3.g(aks A_0)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom